Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-04-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 19226 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tank Johnson gone for 8 games

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Goodell said Johnson's suspension could be reduced to six games if he has no further involvement with law enforcement and undergoes counseling.

After meeting with Goodell upon his release last month, Johnson said he was ready to accept whatever punishment Goodell handed down and that he wants to become the NFL's "Man of the Year," the player honored for being its best citizen.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #2
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tank Johnson gone for 8 games

8 games for 2 months in jail....

At that rate Vick will be suspended from the NFL for 7 years... AFTER he gets out of prison.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #3
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I would like to see how the commish justifies suspending Pacman who has not actually been convicted of a crime gets an entire season while a person who has been convicted and served time in prison for it gets 8 games.

This should be interesting.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 06-04-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I would like to see how the commish justifies suspending Pacman who has not actually be convicted of a crime gets an entire season while a person who has been convicted and served time in prison for it gets 8 games.

If PacMan serves some time, he'll probably get a reduced suspension for Time Served.

But Goodell talks to these guys and bases his suspension on his objective feeling for whether he thinks the guy is guilty and whether the guy has learned his lesson.

After Pac Man told Goodell that he'd learned his lesson, then had to admit that he'd been out at a strip club before coming to talk to Goodell, I don't think the Commish thought Pacman was really sincere.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #5
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would like to see how the commish justifies suspending Pacman who has not actually be convicted of a crime gets an entire season while a person who has been convicted and served time in prison for it gets 8 games.

The commish probably makes no connection to league rules/punishment and the judicial system.

Two totally different processes which can have totally two unconnected/measurable outcomes.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If PacMan serves some time, he'll probably get a reduced suspension for Time Served.

But Goodell talks to these guys and bases his suspension on his objective feeling for whether he thinks the guy is guilty and whether the guy has learned his lesson.

After Pac Man told Goodell that he'd learned his lesson, then had to admit that he'd been out at a strip club before coming to talk to Goodell, I don't think the Commish thought Pacman was really sincere.
So how many "hunches" will actually hold up in court when it goes to arbitration. I would guess none.

Pacman has a right to go where ever he wants. If he decides to goto a club he is not banned. Nothing from Goodell was stated that he needed to keep himself in some morally higher position then anyone else. I do not think it was the smartest thing to do but still not against any rule that has been set on Pacman. I guess Goodell can now start telling him what to eat, who to talk to ?

Like the guy or not the decisions need to come down informally. It also makes Goodell look like he has something against pacman or Bias. There is no way this would hold up in court and if the ruling came from the courts that Goodell was in the wrong with the amount of time he suspended him it is going to make him look like a bias clown.
Old 06-04-2007   #7
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
The commish probably makes no connection to league rules/punishment and the judicial system.

Two totally different processes which can have totally two unconnected/measurable outcomes.
That works if he had not sited the "run-ins with the police" as the reason for suspending him. NFLPA will be all over this .....
Sponsored links
Old 06-04-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would like to see how the commish justifies suspending Pacman who has not actually been convicted of a crime gets an entire season while a person who has been convicted and served time in prison for it gets 8 games.

As one person pointed to the fact that Qubert went to a strip club before visiting the commish and then after a self proposed midnight curfew, he was pulled over for speeding without his drivers licenses at 12:45 am. Oh and yeah and no one was shot because of what Tank Johnson did or stirred up. Can you say that about Qubert?

Tell me another employer who would keep an empolyee, that has done what qubert has done, none. A company has the right to deceide how employees must conduct themselves. This what what Goddell has done and your homey deceided his own fate by being reckless no one else. You want to blame someone blame Qubert.
Old 06-04-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That works if he had not sited the "run-ins with the police" as the reason for suspending him. NFLPA will be all over this .....
They did appeal and the appeal was denied. The NFLPA said if your homey wants to sue then he is on his own.
Old 06-04-2007   #10
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
They did appeal and the appeal was denied. The NFLPA said if your homey wants to sue then he is on his own.
Wierd, because the facts say other wise ....

Players union supports Jones in appeal - is the title of the article dated 5/29/07.

Quote:
"Your suspension of Jones without pay for the entire 2007 season is clearly excessive and much greater than discipline imposed upon other players for the same or similar incidents," the NFLPA said in a letter to Goodell May 23.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 06-04-2007   #11
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Oh and yeah and no one was shot because of what Tank Johnson did or stirred up. Can you say that about Qubert?
Riiight ... do you even know what Johnson was arrested and sent to prison for? No one has been shot but in two separate instances he has had unregistered fire arms on him. This last time 6 fire arms were found all unregistered.

I find it odd that he has so many #1 but why not register them? No way an unregistered gun committed a crime.

I believe it was Public Enemy who said "I wasn't even licensed to have one."
Old 06-04-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Riiight ... do you even know what Johnson was arrested and sent to prison for? No one has been shot but in two separate instances he has had unregistered fire arms on him. This last time 6 fire arms were found all unregistered.

I find it odd that he has so many #1 but why not register them? No way an unregistered gun committed a crime.

I believe it was Public Enemy who said "I wasn't even licensed to have one."
If memory serves me correctly they were registered in Az just not in Ill. But the facts are still no one was shot because of what he did and yet you can ask the paralyized man what his thoughts are on Qubert.
Old 06-05-2007   #13
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
So how many "hunches" will actually hold up in court when it goes to arbitration. I would guess none.

Pacman has a right to go where ever he wants. If he decides to goto a club he is not banned. Nothing from Goodell was stated that he needed to keep himself in some morally higher position then anyone else. I do not think it was the smartest thing to do but still not against any rule that has been set on Pacman. I guess Goodell can now start telling him what to eat, who to talk to ?

Like the guy or not the decisions need to come down informally. It also makes Goodell look like he has something against pacman or Bias. There is no way this would hold up in court and if the ruling came from the courts that Goodell was in the wrong with the amount of time he suspended him it is going to make him look like a bias clown.
I would imagine that since Goodell is lets say the CEO of the NFL and these players are making millions, he can pretty much tell them what they can do.It could be worse. He could just come out and say if you do something that tarnishes the perception of the leauge you will never play again!
Old 06-05-2007   #14
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
I would imagine that since Goodell is lets say the CEO of the NFL and these players are making millions, he can pretty much tell them what they can do.It could be worse. He could just come out and say if you do something that tarnishes the perception of the leauge you will never play again!
I believe that was implied at the end of Pacmans last visit.

If Pac is going to be gone for 16 games, Johnson should at least have the same suspension, as should Vick. Goodell did not wait to hear the outcome of the Vegas thing on Pac so why wait on Vick?
Old 06-05-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
I believe that was implied at the end of Pacmans last visit.

If Pac is going to be gone for 16 games, Johnson should at least have the same suspension, as should Vick. Goodell did not wait to hear the outcome of the Vegas thing on Pac so why wait on Vick?
Because it was just not about Vegas, it was also abot the two arrest in Georgia that are still pending and league rules stipulate you must inform the league of all arrest which Qubert failed to do.
Old 06-05-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tank has a chance to get his act together.

Pac-man is a lost cause and got off lightly.
Old 06-05-2007   #17
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Tank has a chance to get his act together.

Pac-man is a lost cause and got off lightly.
I hope when your judgment day comes it is not based on things you did as a teen or young adult. All of the instances in question came when he was 23 or younger. If people at 23 are lost causes; why not just execute them on the spot a la Judge Dred? I maybe asking the wrong state on this one ....

was going with that or;

So you think a guy who has two convictions for possession of unregistered weapons and who has served time for this offense has a chance but a guy who has not actually been charged with a crime is beyond reproach?
Old 06-05-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
If memory serves me correctly they were registered in Az just not in Ill. But the facts are still no one was shot because of what he did and yet you can ask the paralyized man what his thoughts are on Qubert.
Quote:
Two days after last December's raid, Willie B. Posey, Johnson's bodyguard, was shot and killed in an early-morning fight while he and Johnson were at a Chicago nightclub.
I guess because it is Johnson’s body guard not a bouncer at a club he did not bring the man into harms way. If Johnson had not gone to the club his body guard would not have been shot to DEATH!

So how does that work out in hypocrisy land? Are you telling me that a guy who has multiple arrests for weapons possessions just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets his guard shot? R…..iiiiight.
Old 06-05-2007   #19
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9067 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but a guy who has not actually been charged with a crime is beyond reproach?
Are you trying to suggest that Pacman has not been charged with a crime?
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #20
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
Are you trying to suggest that Pacman has not been charged with a crime?
To date no charges have been brought against pacman. While 3 are still pending one from when he was a sophomore in college, the police have not actually charged him with anything yet. It is still "pending" per the courts. Nothing in Vegas yet ..... GA dropped one of the possession charges .... The other is still pending ....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read