Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-04-2007   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For UH and Kolb Fans

I noticed quite a few Kolb fans here before the draft.

I case any of you are still around and interested in Kolbs (very early) progress.

"For a rookie, he's really consistent and he has been, up to this point, very accurate for a first-year player," Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...ick_study.html

Old 06-04-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For UH and Kolb Fans

I hope this kid does well in Philly. I didn't expect him to be drafted so high, but I think he'll end up surprising a lot of folks and making the Eagles proud of their pick.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-04-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the read. It will be interesting to see how KK develops and what shakes out in Philly...
Old 06-04-2007   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big Kolb fan and am going to watch him closely over the years. Good luck to him...cept when they play us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #5
real

Kolb will be a beast...mark it down...
Old 06-04-2007   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

That's cool. Thanks cup. I hope the best for Kolb. I hope he remains mentally tough because he's going to need it in Philly. Hopefully McNabb can stay healthy in order for Kolb to be coached properly.
Old 06-04-2007   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

It's great that Kolb is getting a lot of reps and attention because the other QBs aren't there. I'm not surprised that he is already impressing his coaches and the local media.

The Eagles are a great team, but those fans....that's a tough crowd. Best of luck to Kolb.
Old 06-04-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Great find, I love it. I am a huge Kolb guy and thought he would do well at the next level. Of course I thought it would be a year or two before he is the starter but I like the praise he is getting from with in that organization.

I will folow him like others have said and hope for the best when not playing the Texans.
Old 06-04-2007   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the link. I'm going to send it to my father now, he'll be happy to see it.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel very good that KK is in Philadelphia. Here he has a chance to grow into a quarterback position on a good team with a veteran QB to help him out.

The last two UH quarterbacks, Ware and Klingler, were thrown to the wolves as rookies on really bad teams with offensive lines that make the Texan's offensive line appear Pro-Bowl caliber.

Now the Coogs just need to figure out who is going to replace KK.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the update. I haven't had much time to delve into other teams and check out the rookies I am supposed to be watching.

Recently, I saw Art Briles at Ninfa's and he was saying that Kolb is a good fit for the Eagles. He was alone but I didn't talk to him too long because I didn't want to bother him. He also said that it will be hard to top the last year after losing so many players in response to my congratulating him on a good season.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I hope he does good in all but three years: 2010,2014,2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see a Houston player do well. Thanks for the thread.
Old 06-08-2007   #14
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I live up here, I would like to get you some other information on Kolb. This is from reports from tv. newspapers radio, and internet.
Kolb has been working quite a bit with Mornhinweg. When Kolb makes a mistake, 'weg pulls Kolb over and lets him ''take a rest'', talks to him about it, and runs the play again. Kolb, by all reports, is very coachable. Holcomb has also been helping Kolb with the ''little things'' in takes to be a pro QB.
Most of the throws early in rookie camp were 1,,2,3, release. Short routes to backs, TE, WR. Vintage Andy Reid passing stuff. They have him scrambing and throwing on the run.
Now for the ''bad''.
Kolb is high on his throws on the deep routes.
I also read a report from Gary Cobb, the old Lion/Eagle LB who now works for CBS TV in Philly, who said Kolb in awful in blitz drills. Holds the ball too long and takes sacks, or hurries and throws bad passes.
Personally, it the interviews I have heard from Kolb, I am impressed with him. He can handle the press and fan base up here. Very important, because if you can't, they will eat you alive.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey jgl, are they pronouncing his name right up there?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #16
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Hey jgl, are they pronouncing his name right up there?
I believe so. He hasn't said anything about that. Eagles get nicknames from their teamates (5--McNabb). Will let you know what they give to Kolb.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
I believe so. He hasn't said anything about that. Eagles get nicknames from their teamates (5--McNabb). Will let you know what they give to Kolb.
It is pronounced like corn on the Cobb by the, way just FYI.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read