Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-03-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Erik Kramer nuts???

Kramer likes Schaub and Houston going into this season as his surprise team to make a move. Here's the vid... http://video.msn.com/v/us/foxsports....3&f=33&fg=copy
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #2
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Erik Kramer nuts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Kramer likes Schaub and Houston going into this season as his surprise team to make a move. Here's the vid... http://video.msn.com/v/us/foxsports....3&f=33&fg=copy
In the vid, Kramer admits he is crazy, but not insane. ..

Looking at his eyes, he is probably on meth or coke.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If you look at the landscape of the AFC, his takes make sense.

the bengals, colts, chiefs, fins, titans, bills, raiders, & steelers all enter the season with less talent & in some cases HUGE questionmarks at QB and/or HC.

the jets, chargers, and jville pretty much stayed the course.

the texans, broncos, ravens, patriots, and browns all made significant upgrades to their team overall. of all of them the most surprising could end up being the texans. the upgrade at QB and RB and our huge amount of talent on defense makes us a possible force in 2007.

I am cautiously optimistic about this year. We got people to believe in now.
Old 06-03-2007   #4
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now we are a big IF team.

If Shaub is the real deal.
If Green can be a force.
If we find a 2nd WR.
If the o-line steps up a notch.
If Amobi, Williams, and DeMeco form the unit we expect.
If Brown can make a few more FGs.
If Stanley can return to form.
If Mathis, Jones or someone else can be a return monster.
If we don't get hit by the injury bug.

I am enthused about our upcoming season and I think some of those ifs can go our way. I don't think all of them have to go our way for us to see a 2 0r 3 game improvement. Still pie-in-the-sky dreams will have to wait till the games start.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post

If Green can be a force.
If we find a 2nd WR.

I am enthused about our upcoming season and I think some of those ifs can go our way. I don't think all of them have to go our way for us to see a 2 0r 3 game improvement. Still pie-in-the-sky dreams will have to wait till the games start.
Fair assessment.

For thems who were a part of the Luv Ya Blue days. wouldn't it be sweet for the Texans to be really good? You know, play an entertaining brand of football and get Ws. The area WANTS it so bad. We live football. I just don't want Ws, I want the sort of team that crushes other teams. I want the experience of the 4th Q of the first Jacksonville game last year.

It will happen. Next year, would be a nice time for that.
Old 06-03-2007   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post

If Green can be a force.
If we find a 2nd WR.

It's our story ... we can tell it how we want to . I'll say we hit on the ifs and go 9-7 ... because it's June .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Just cause somebody can see the promised land, he's crazy...

The Texans will prove Kramer right. Some insight:

Shaub is the real deal.
Green will be a force.
Jones will rock all over the field.
The o-line doesn't need to step up a notch. The sacks were mostly Carr's fault, so placing MS behind center should kill at least 20/23 of those sacks. (I'd say more, but it's Matt's first year in a Texan's uni.)
Amobi, Mario, and Demeco are an awesome and unpredictable force. Just look at their first names. Nobody can stop guys with names like these...
Brown is getting better. Generally, PKs get better as they get older, so he should be about to top form. Stanley won't be necessary. (See the A, M, D arguement above.)
Jones has speed and maneuverability. He could be an OROY contender as a return-man.
The injury-bug seems to hit the Texans every-other year. So it should not be a problem this year.

Old 06-04-2007   #8
real

What is with this new cross-breed of fan that whines and degrades the team because things haven't exactly gone their way ?
Old 06-04-2007   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I don't know what Overalls was thinking, either. As for me, I'm just trying to be more exuberant and less critical.
Old 06-04-2007   #10
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
What is with this new cross-breed of fan that whines and degrades the team because things haven't exactly gone their way ?

Not real sure....It seems to have started with the tu orangebloods the last couple of years.

The Texans passed one year on their tu LB of choice, then last year passed on their tu QB of choice. ...Can't please everybody.

Texan fans will be just fine as soon as we start looking/playing like a pro team.

Of course why we haven't, up to this point, has been a source of much friendly (?) banter between posters...

Old 06-04-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 376122 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texan fans will be just fine as soon as we start looking/playing like a pro team.
We look like a 'pro team' when we beat Indy last Christmas Eve, and that was the last time the Colts lost before winning the Super Bowl. That's good enough to give me optimism, not even including our upgrades and continued march towards building a team that truly reflects a Kubiak FO.
Old 06-04-2007   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
I don't know what Overalls was thinking, either. As for me, I'm just trying to be more exuberant and less critical.
I am just trying to be realistic. My post said I feel we can go 8-8 or 9-7 and that we could accomplish more depending on how things shake out. I am just not ready to buy my post season tickets before training camp starts. IMO everything I listed as an IF is still a grey area of concern. I think that Kubes will make fewer mistakes as a 2nd year head coach. I also think Schaub is the real deal. That Green will break 1200 yards. That AJ will catch fewer passes, but for more yards. I like Jacoby Jones and feel he could be a real sleeper. I have faith that Kris will have a bounce back year. I also expect that Mario will at least come close to double digit sacks and that with DeMeco and Amobi teams will have a hard time running on us, but UNTIL we play a game, we haven't done anything but field a better team, on paper. I don't feel I am being pesimistic in predicting our first non-losing season, but I realize that we, as a team, have not had a four leaf clover in out pocket either.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'm not sure I see much whining and degrading in this thread.

I'm not saying this to you, but as an observation in general. Everybody usually sees themselves as a realist, and that everybody else is either with them or is a whiner, optimist, pessimist or whatever. People tend to have an egocentric view of who is a realist.
Old 06-04-2007   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We look like a 'pro team' when we beat Indy last Christmas Eve, and that was the last time the Colts lost before winning the Super Bowl. That's good enough to give me optimism, not even including our upgrades and continued march towards building a team that truly reflects a Kubiak FO.

I guess a game like that is what keeps fans coming back.

Kinda like that one good drive/putt/hole that brings you back to the golf course...:

You know that your game stinks, (speaking for myself), but maybe a turnaround is on the way. Been hoping for over 45 years now.

Hope it doesn't take the Texans that long.

Old 06-04-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Kinda like that one good drive/putt/hole that brings you back to the golf course...:

You know that your game stinks, (speaking for myself), but maybe a turnaround is on the way. Been hoping for over 45 years now.

BINGO!! You are speaking for many others of us out there, too..
Old 06-04-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 376122 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good god, I sincerely hope the Texans have a higher chance of winning seasons than I do of hitting that little white ball. (I've had the 'pleasure' of going to a driving range a few times with my golf-playin' buddy, and that's got to be some of my most frustrating experiences in recent memory!)
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good god, I sincerely hope the Texans have a higher chance of winning seasons than I do of hitting that little white ball. (I've had the 'pleasure' of going to a driving range a few times with my golf-playin' buddy, and that's got to be some of my most frustrating experiences in recent memory!)

It gets worse when you are on the golf course. Yet I still come back.

Sports is frustrating in of itself but it is also very rewarding.

Old 06-04-2007   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64781 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm not sure I see much whining and degrading in this thread.

I'm not saying this to you, but as an observation in general. Everybody usually sees themselves as a realist, and that everybody else is either with them or is a whiner, optimist, pessimist or whatever. People tend to have an egocentric view of who is a realist.

Well said. It's like driving. Everyone who drives faster than you is a raving lunatic who is going to cause death and destruction driving that fast, and everyone driving slower than you is an old geezer grandma who won't get out of the way and should be run off the road.
Old 06-04-2007   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Well said. It's like driving. Everyone who drives faster than you is a raving lunatic who is going to cause death and destruction driving that fast, and everyone driving slower than you is an old geezer grandma who won't get out of the way and should be run off the road.
Hah.

That assumes that someone drives faster than me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope the turnaround in my game is near. If not, the cost of these little white balls is going to get me confined to the doghouse by the wife.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read