Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2004   #61
kuno
Rookie

Hostilities may have been the wrong word. My bad...

Fear not. I understood your post and know you were not refering to the fans in anyway. Just posting a article and letting the thread go.

I am mearly putting my 2 cents in on the fans and in no way did I intend to make it seem like it was you that was complaining about them.

We are all in the clear. Carry on...
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #62
Jwwillis
All Pro

I tried to bring up the dirty play last week and some Jag fans took offense. As I recall the talk was of forgiving and forgetting the JJ hit and the cloths line tackle. Then further comments about how it was all hype and was a small part of the game. I stand by my original assesment. The Jags are a dirty team, the Texans remembered it, and the payback was sweeeeet. Let the rivalry continue.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #63
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
I tried to bring up the dirty play last week and some Jag fans took offense. As I recall the talk was of forgiving and forgetting the JJ hit and the cloths line tackle. Then further comments about how it was all hype and was a small part of the game. I stand by my original assesment. The Jags are a dirty team, the Texans remembered it, and the payback was sweeeeet. Let the rivalry continue.
I dont think there was any "payback". The Texans looked to be playing clean as can be to me.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #64
Henderson98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I wasn't talking about the fans. All I did was post the article. The article is about the players whining, not the fans. I didn't comment on them until Stormy mentioned the clothesline.
That wasn't Stormy that mentioned the clothesline...
Henderson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #65
Henderson98
Rookie

Just wanted to bump this to clear up I didn't bring up the clothesline... some other Jag fan did...
Old 11-02-2004   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
Like when Stroud clotheslined Carr and the Jags won?
Yeah, sorry bout that. Very close names. I'll be more careful.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004   #67
texansfan88
All Pro

I emailed rich from sportsradio610 on yesterdays show about the article and he had about an 8 minute segment on it yesterday...then today on the aaron glenn show, he had a huge laugh about that columnist...needless to say I sent mike freeman (the author of it) a nice little phone message with Marc Vandemeer, Rich Lord, Matt Jackson and Aaron Glenns comments on it.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2004   #68
done88
Veteran

Last year I think the Jags tried to kill Moses when he declared a fair catch. That is how you hurt someone and it does not get any dirtier then that.
Old 11-02-2004   #69
rhc564
Veteran

...someone just had to mention Peek's name--- talk about 'whine,' here
comes GeorgeWashinton to hog another thread until the 'lights go out'
or Peek's name gets mentioned again.....
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #70
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

if this is true.. I am wondering about the whole organization

Jag's lied about Byron's injury
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #71
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

u know what they say about the AFC (All F***ing Cons) prolly just saying that to throw off their next opponents so they study Gerrard rather than Byron !!! Cause they're scared were gonna take the division from them Which we will !!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #72
Henderson98
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
if this is true.. I am wondering about the whole organization

Jag's lied about Byron's injury
http://www.jaguars.com/story/3999.asp
Quote:
“There's no conspiracy theory. I ask you not to get ahead of the story, please. I did not sound the alarm on Monday, very simply, because I didn't think there was a need to. Byron finished the game on Sunday. He was sore. We had two weeks until our next game,” Del Rio said.
Just because some of the sports media likes to try to jump a head of what's really happening doesn't mean that the Jags did anything wrong...

P.S. it's David Garrard
Old 11-04-2004   #73
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson98
http://www.jaguars.com/story/3999.asp

Just because some of the sports media likes to try to jump a head of what's really happening doesn't mean that the Jags did anything wrong...

P.S. it's David Garrard
You're still here?

J/K. I figure after the loss we wouldn't see any Jag fans but I guess I understand since yall aren't playing next week. Anyhow, glad to see your a cool fan that can take a loss the right way.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #74
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

El, this Jags fan has been on this board for years. She is one of the best.
Old 11-04-2004   #75
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

for years with only 16 posts ?????? hmmmmmm
Old 11-04-2004   #76
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Just doing a little ribbing since we won. I don't mean no harm. Also giving her props for sticking to her team. Alot of the others managed to hide under a rock.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
for years with only 16 posts ?????? hmmmmmm
Not all our visting fans migrated with us when we swapped boards. We just played the Jags last week.
Old 11-04-2004   #78
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

ya sorry Vinny i dont use but about 1/16 of my brain so ya gotta excuse me !
Old 11-04-2004   #79
Henderson98
Rookie

Talking

Thanks for the kind words Vinny and El, I just re-signed up last week but I may come around and visit every so often, and as far as sticking around, in most cases (LOL) I try not to talk so much smack that I'd be to ashamed to show my face...
Old 11-04-2004   #80
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

It was obvious as to what point in the game Lefty was injured. He has a reputation of continuing on despite injury. I know I commented on perhaps he would stiffen up and we might not see him in the second half, but he played anyway. What I'm going to elude to is did he worsen his injury by trying to be macho? According to the article there was significant damage. Perhaps he increased the seriousness of the injury by playing on. Could it be the Jags were their own worst enemy. It seems like the Texans have been very causious when injuries occur. They migh be very smart in taking that position and approach.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read