Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No Cheese, Just the Whine, Thanks

Vinny

shiny happy fan
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110104/spf_freeman.shtml

Texans' dirty tricks pull Jaguars down
By MIKE FREEMAN, Times-Union columnist

The Jaguars were involved in a number of scuffles, including a massive shoving match at the end of the game on the Jaguars sidelines. They were penalized a season-high 11 times for 80 yards. "This game was not one of our better moments," said tight end Kyle Brady.

Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

That's all true.

Here's the problem.

When the dirty stuff happens, no matter how egregious, a player really has only one choice.

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

Man, who are they kidding? That doesn't sound like our Texans. Sour grapes/ Crybabies! The better team won today!

Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around. I would say it gets awfully rough in any pile of tacklers. I noticed Capers said to be smart in the locker room and "be careful what you say". I assume he ment don't antagonize the opposition whomever they may be. I suspect if we did play dirty this time we could really show them what it can be like next time. I would, however, hope that that's not how we win ball games.

Its only a penalty if you get caught , seems to me the jag's were the ones being hit with the penalties :whistle: ....... who me ?

The irony of these goons whining about dirty play is overwhelming, funny, and very satisfying.

Vinny said:
Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

nopity.gif

A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

You've got to be frickin' kidding. The Jags calling the Texans dirty? That's like R. Kelly calling Michael Jackson a pervert! Aren't John Henderson and Marcus Stroud supposed to be TOUGH!?! Give me break guys. We beat you on a day that we didn't play too well, and we outperformed you on both sides of the ball. Have a nice day!

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

Grid said:
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

I agree 100%

Maybe I'm just over reacting, but they want to call someone dirty, how about the DT (I think Henderson) who hit Carr late (no penalty) then to top it off, he dives at his legs, I'm sure knowing that Carr has had ankle problems this year. To me that was playing dirty. :twocents:

Chance_C said:
A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

I saw #48 Pittman on that play too ... falling all the way back, then rolling backwards over his head. Then when the ref threw the flag, he immediately got up clapping feverishly. Between that, and Chad Stanley's shaking defenders... I am positive I lost 12 pounds from laughing so hard. :rofl:

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

This is for you Stroud and the rest of you crybaby jag fans. Don't like it when you get a dose of your own medicine? :baby:

CAC :coffee:

worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk

He must have not seen their own kicker last weekend against the Colts when someone rolled into him right after he kicked the ball and grabbed his leg like someone had cut it in half with a chainsaw, then AFTER seeing his game winning 53 yard field goal was good, he got up and was fine.

when someone rolled into him right after he kicked the ball and grabbed his leg like someone had cut it in half with a chainsaw

I thought he acted like he was hit with an axe!!.. :hehe:

Classic sore loser tactics. Had the Jags won, they wouldn't have said anything. I call it payback for thier dirty play towards us for the last 2 seasons. Funny, no other teams mentioned anything like that about us, while the Jags have a history of it.

Qouting from teh artical:

"It was the hand of Houston long snapper Bryan Pittman, which was wrapped around Henderson's throat, according to the Jaguars.

Yeah. That might slow someone down."

If I was Mr. Henderson I wouldn't be telling people that a long snapper PUNK'd my liake a prison B!!. C'mon John you were nearly one of teh biggest guys on teh feild Sunday, and if you can't break from a long snapper, no matter wht he is doing, maybe the trainer needs to slap you a little harder before the game.

This may be the biggest peice of homer writting I've read, regarding the NFL, this year.

Further digging turns up this nice page full of Jags fans misery.

The usual mix of believers and critics but the comments are worth a look.

Yeah, this is BS IMO (as well as most everyone on this board). We pretty much dominated on all facets of the game. Yeah, we both had some calls from both sides that really could have changed the game, but we did deserve to win. We were definitely the better team Sunday.

As for that late hit on Carr, this might be a lesson to Carr actually. I think he might have slowed down after throwing away the ball thinking, "I threw the ball away so this guy is not going to hit me." As a QB, avoid danger at every point in the play and don't assume that the guy isn't going to hit you. He probably could have dodged that hit. I would definitely preferr that our QB go untouched rather than getting getting the "roughing the passer" call any day of the week.

Also, I am concerned about losing our cool out on the field. Particularly with Peek, who has been known to be overly aggressive after the play is over. There were a few scuffles on Sunday that I would rather not have seen, and it seems like Peek is always in the middle of it. The last thing we need are unnecessary flags on the field. It will absolutely cost you games. Look at the Carolina game from last year! If Peek ever causes an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I will go insane!

What I love about this game is that it shows how twisted the "sports writers" are. The Jags beat Indy, and the are "for real". But when they lose to the Texans they are "pretenders." I swear, you cant get a straight answer out of them. I wonder how Peter King is feeling about his Jax vs. Hawks superbowl prediction. I bet he is singing a new tune.

phan1 said:
Yeah, this is BS IMO (as well as most everyone on this board). We pretty much dominated on all facets of the game. Yeah, we both had some calls from both sides that really could have changed the game, but we did deserve to win. We were definitely the better team Sunday.

As for that late hit on Carr, this might be a lesson to Carr actually. I think he might have slowed down after throwing away the ball thinking, "I threw the ball away so this guy is not going to hit me." As a QB, avoid danger at every point in the play and don't assume that the guy isn't going to hit you. He probably could have dodged that hit. I would definitely preferr that our QB go untouched rather than getting getting the "roughing the passer" call any day of the week.

Also, I am concerned about losing our cool out on the field. Particularly with Peek, who has been known to be overly aggressive after the play is over. There were a few scuffles on Sunday that I would rather not have seen, and it seems like Peek is always in the middle of it. The last thing we need are unnecessary flags on the field. It will absolutely cost you games. Look at the Carolina game from last year! If Peek ever causes an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I will go insane!

Overly aggressive? He didnt get any penalties, there is nothing wrong with him throwing a little verbal taunt at a guy that just got smacked returning a punt. This is the NFL not preschool, they all talk all game, and their return man just got mad. And then Peek and someone else went over to their sidelines when the whole jags team was pushing Wells around. I am all for teammates sticking up for each other. You dont let the other team push anyone around, especially at your home. I would go more insane if they sat there and watched a four on one scuffle. Its just like baseball pitchers, you hit my teammate, i hit one of yours. And its like in hockey, you take a cheap shot at my team, i come punch you in the face and take a 2 min. penalty.

Found this on one of the Jax news sites. Classic.

18spt_texFakeFG103104.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback 30 Dewayne Washington left is faked out by Houston Texans holder 7 Chad Stanley who ran upfield for a first down on a fake field goal with 8:35 to play in the game during the Jags 206 loss Sunday afternoon October 31, 2004 at Reliant Stadium in Houston Texas.
- Rick Wilson/staff

I think some of you guys are being a little hippocritical. Im not here to complain or anything but I could care less about that article. Some of your members were complaning that we were Dirty and did cheap shots but yet you guys won? idonno: :confused:

I don't think there is hypocrisy in laughing at the other team whining when they lose.

georgewashington said:
Overly aggressive? He didnt get any penalties, there is nothing wrong with him throwing a little verbal taunt at a guy that just got smacked returning a punt. This is the NFL not preschool, they all talk all game, and their return man just got mad. And then Peek and someone else went over to their sidelines when the whole jags team was pushing Wells around. I am all for teammates sticking up for each other. You dont let the other team push anyone around, especially at your home. I would go more insane if they sat there and watched a four on one scuffle. Its just like baseball pitchers, you hit my teammate, i hit one of yours. And its like in hockey, you take a cheap shot at my team, i come punch you in the face and take a 2 min. penalty.

While I agree he did nothing wrong, and it did help that other guys got involved, I would really rather not see it. You never know when the ref is going to pull out that flag and I'd rather be safe than sorry. This is football, and one flag (especially an unsportsmanlike conduct) can easily change a game.

When is the last time you saw a penalty for talking? it just doesnt happen this day in age, people like seeing it so they dont call it. Unless the person does something physical they let it go.

jags98 said:
Like when Stroud clotheslined Carr and the Jags won?
You guys are loud and proud of that. I find the fact that you guys revel in that tackle consistant with your teams overall character.

Vinny said:
You guys are loud and proud of that. I find the fact that you guys revel in that tackle consistant with your teams overall character.
Are you stereotyping? btw its still whining.

Jags6 just started a thread about this thread over at the Jacksonville boards. Release the hounds!

jags98 said:
Are you stereotyping? btw its still whining.
Yeah, it was a general statement, but you guys always seem to enjoy it. You brought the closeline up, not me.

I wonder who emailed the column to Rich and Charley on 610 am. They've talked about it quite a bit today.

Jags were crying about our dirty business in the pile ups...

Dirtaaaaaaaahy SOOOUUUUUTTTHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The Colts are starting to punk even more and I bet they lose to the Vikes, The kitty cats got rolled and now they have a bye.

Looks like we will own AFC South if not already.

Denver can't beat us without Elway, go see there m-board, they want to trade for Carr. They say he's another Elway coming up...

Bring on the Steelers!!!!! :boxing:

Stroud got called for two personal fouls on late hits to McNair last year. It basically gave us a touchdown.

SteveMcK4 said:
Jags were crying about our dirty business in the pile ups...

Looks like we will own AFC South if not already.

Don't count any chickens before they hatch... the AFC South is going to beat up on each other this year.. I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up 3-3 in the division... :twocents:

Back