Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Erasing an Autograph. . .Anyone Know How?

There is an autograph that has smeared on one of my footballs. Of course, it is signed in permanent maker.

Does anyone know what I could use (if anything) to take it off, and not damage the ball?

Thanks!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Erasing an Autograph. . .Anyone Know How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
There is an autograph that has smeared on one of my footballs. Of course, it is signed in permanent maker.

Does anyone know what I could use (if anything) to take it off, and not damage the ball?

Thanks!
It's pretty much permanent if this is a leather ball but my first question is why do you want to protect the ball? Are there other signatures on it that you're looking to protect? If that's the case, you'd be much better off leaving that smudged (Carr) signature on it.

Borax works very well but I've only used it to remove markings from my walls. I don't know what it'd do to a leather football. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I WAS curious as to why you wanted to protect the football.

I have a smudged Ken Griffey Junior ball myself but as smudged as it may be, it's an autograph that I'll treasure. I'm an autograph hound.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

It just looks bad because it is so smeared....i think it takes away from how nice the ball looks, so i want it gone.

Thanks for the reply though!

Anyone have any surefire ways?
Old 06-03-2007   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

How did it get smeared in the first place? Just not letting it dry enough?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #5
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

A de-greaser like 409 works pretty good on plastics, not sure about leather. WD-40 works pretty good to - again I've only used on plastic. You might want to go buy a similar football and do some trial and error on it before attempting it on the real one.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Not sure how it got there really. . . Since I live in Colorado, my mom went to the All Access with my tickets. . . .She was nice enought to stand in all the lines and get them....very sweet woman.....

When I got the ball, it was smeared.

Thanks for the tips guys...

If anyone has tried any of these, or anything else, on a ball, please let me know!
Old 06-11-2007   #7
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I've got a Texans cap with DC's autograph on it and I'm not getting rid of the signature. Part of the problem was that he didn't have a good OL. Anyway, he's moved on to Carolina. I wish him the best of luck. Instead of knocking him on these message boards, let's just focus on our team! It's really time that we move on and forget about what happened in the past.
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I have a game helmet sitting on my desk. It "had" David Carr's signature on the top of it. One day I got to work an noticed it was cleaned by the cleaning crew and some of his autograph faded.

I was really mad.

Then the horrible season happened.

Demecco and Dunta signed the helmet.

And then I wiped away the remainder of the Carr signature.

It looks so much better now.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #9
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Yeah, whatever. Can we move on now ??!!
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Denatured alcohol might do the trick (buy it at your local hardware store).

Although I would try it first on a 'test' football to make sure it works.
Old 06-12-2007   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Paint thinner maybe? Fingernail polish remover?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

If you don't want the football anymore, you can always try explosives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read