Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2007   #1
KJ3

Default Schaub on 790am

did anybody catch this interview? was there anything of substance? was there anything that wasn't of substance but would still warrant mentioning for those of us who are so football deprived that anything is news?
Old 06-01-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Schaub on 790am

I caught the last few minutes of it, and nothing of note was said. He was asked a bunch of questions by Carl Dukes, all of which has been discussed, re-hashed, beaten to death, and then resurrected here on the boards. He's a leader, the offense is going to be better this year, he's excited to be here because the talent level is so high, the offensive line is great, Ahman Green loves to block and pick up blitzers, et al.

*sigh* ...... August needs to arrive soon.
Old 06-01-2007   #3
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

Well, it's officially June so.... we are getting closer to August. Don't forget... on the 12th is the NFLN coverage of the Texans Mini Camp.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard the last part of it, too, where Schaub was talking about protection. I like his interviews, because he really talks about the X's & O's of football.

He said protection goes beyond just the line, and is also the responsibility of the backs, TE, and WRs, as well. More importantly, the QB has the biggest roll, simply because he needs to recognize threats and make adjustments accordingly, and specifically, don't set up the o-line to fail. He added that once protection does break down, the QB's job is to get rid of the ball with intelligent decisions.

All in all, the little that I heard makes me even more confident that MS is going to be a good QB for us. While I'm not certain how much FUN he's having, I am certain that he is dedicated to the game and has a deep understanding and desire to learn as much as he can to translate on the field.
Old 06-01-2007   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I heard the last part of it, too, where Schaub was talking about protection. I like his interviews, because he really talks about the X's & O's of football.

He said protection goes beyond just the line, and is also the responsibility of the backs, TE, and WRs, as well. More importantly, the QB has the biggest roll, simply because he needs to recognize threats and make adjustments accordingly, and specifically, don't set up the o-line to fail. He added that once protection does break down, the QB's job is to get rid of the ball with intelligent decisions.

All in all, the little that I heard makes me even more confident that MS is going to be a good QB for us. While I'm not certain how much FUN he's having, I am certain that he is dedicated to the game and has a deep understanding and desire to learn as much as he can to translate on the field.
Did you think that he was trying to cover for his guys after some of the things that were said ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Did you think that he was trying to cover for his guys after some of the things that were said ?
Could be...but I get more of the feeling that he's talking from a leader's perspective of trying to explain the game and the how/why things happen.

Being new to the team, I think he's free from worrying about the past, simply because he's not a part of it. His interviews are great for this football fan, because he gives you insight and straight up football talk. There is nothing about emotional issues or it just being a game. He seems like a QB that really has a focus on winning being all that matters, and the only way to achieve that objective is deep study and hardcore practice. Schaub is all business in the stuff I've heard and read about him.
Old 06-01-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

I love having fun.

Signed,

David Carr
Old 06-01-2007   #8
real

Quote:

That sounds familar....
Old 06-01-2007   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He must have read the David Carr threads. No, I don't think he has been here long enough to do that.
Old 06-01-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
That sounds familar....
I always have a soft spot in my heart for emoticon humor
Old 06-01-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we please the you know who out of one damn thread!!

Old 06-01-2007   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is 790 the same as 97.5 FM?

Last edited by mexican_texan; 06-01-2007 at 04:46 PM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Over the course of the past few seasons I think All of the positions above had as much to do with the break downs in pass protection as did the O-line . When was the last time you saw a Texans reciever break off a route and come back to the ball to give the QB a target ? How many times did the backs miss blitz assignments ? How many times did the QB sack himself (UGH !)?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Over the course of the past few seasons I think All of the positions above had as much to do with the break downs in pass protection as did the O-line . When was the last time you saw a Texans reciever break off a route and come back to the ball to give the QB a target ? How many times did the backs miss blitz assignments ? How many times did the QB sack himself (UGH !)?
The one stat I would love to see...how many times did the QB sack himself by running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
That sounds familar....
No doubt, but at least this time I was hearing it from our QB and not the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
Yep, and that's on coaching, IMO. I think Kubiak's plan of protecting the QB makes it the responsibility of the entire offense and not just the line.

I think the addition of Green, a self professed blitz defender, will have a great effect on the rest of our young RBs. Hopefully his work ethic and attention to picking up the blitz rubs off on everyone else.
Old 06-01-2007   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The interview is on 790 under the podcast section . Its under Morning show .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!

Last edited by False Start; 06-01-2007 at 07:27 PM.
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I love having fun.

Signed,

David Carr
Ha ha, classic David Carr hater.....gotta love your commitment man.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Is 790 the same as 97.5 FM?
It's 790 AM

I don't think they're the same...
Old 06-01-2007   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's 790 AM

I don't think they're the same...
They're both ESPN stations.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
They're both ESPN stations.
790 was an ESPN station until early this year I believe. That's why John Lopez and Ted DeLuca have their own show now. I think ESPN opted out of the station because 790 decided to have more local programming. They have some Fox Sports Radio shows now, but it's all local from 6 AM-7 PM during the week. 97.5 has one local show (Jorge Vargas and Jerome Solomon) and everything else is an ESPN syndicated radio show I believe. So they are seperate stations.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read