Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2007   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Too many guys, not enough reps

I do understand having lots of competition for training camp. However, for some of our new players that might be back ups, I am concerned if they will get enough reps to have them ready. Last season if anything taught that the starter and maybe even the back up may not be able to go. I just keep up the mantra "In Kubes, I trust". Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Too many guys, not enough reps

It appears most coaches and GM's worry about the opposite problem, too many reps for the starters and therefore swell the rosters with players with virtually no chance of making the team to suck up some reps.
Old 06-01-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most (if not all) teams carry a lot of players this time of year. The more competition someone has for a position, the better chance that they will push themselves even harder to obtain or keep the spot.
Old 06-01-2007   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think most (if not all) teams carry a lot of players this time of year. The more competition someone has for a position, the better chance that they will push themselves even harder to obtain or keep the spot.
Yes and I get that but players such as Bennett and the corner mentioned on a thread that was picked up from another team, third stringers, etc should be getting tons of plays. Players such as DLine Johnson(both) could both be gone. The last practice I went to was with the Oilers in San Antonio.
Old 06-01-2007   #5
real

This is how football has been since football has been...

Lots of guys in camp that you won't see come opening day. nothing new.
Old 06-01-2007   #6
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 23275 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Will the Texans finally get rid of the curse of releasing\not utilizing the playmakers from pre-season?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Will the Texans finally get rid of the curse of releasing\not utilizing the playmakers from pre-season?
Nope. Every year on every team fans become enamored of 2nd and 3rd stringers who look good going up against other 2nd and 3rd stringers and then get upset when they are released.

Can you name some released pre-season fan favorite Texans who have gone on to make significant contributions on other teams?
Old 06-01-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
This is how football has been since football has been...

Lots of guys in camp that you won't see come opening day. nothing new.
No doubt. Well over half of the player signatures that I got at All Access 2006 were not on the team on opening day. Such is life in the NFL.
Old 06-05-2007   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

What are the things coaches look for in deciding to keep a "bubble" player out of college or with minimal pro experience? Class room participation? I'm sure film if much exists is helpful + relationships with the coaches player has had.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read