Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Too many guys, not enough reps

badboy

Hall of Fame
I do understand having lots of competition for training camp. However, for some of our new players that might be back ups, I am concerned if they will get enough reps to have them ready. Last season if anything taught that the starter and maybe even the back up may not be able to go. I just keep up the mantra "In Kubes, I trust". Thoughts?

It appears most coaches and GM's worry about the opposite problem, too many reps for the starters and therefore swell the rosters with players with virtually no chance of making the team to suck up some reps.

I think most (if not all) teams carry a lot of players this time of year. The more competition someone has for a position, the better chance that they will push themselves even harder to obtain or keep the spot.

I think most (if not all) teams carry a lot of players this time of year. The more competition someone has for a position, the better chance that they will push themselves even harder to obtain or keep the spot.
Yes and I get that but players such as Bennett and the corner mentioned on a thread that was picked up from another team, third stringers, etc should be getting tons of plays. Players such as DLine Johnson(both) could both be gone. The last practice I went to was with the Oilers in San Antonio.

This is how football has been since football has been...

Lots of guys in camp that you won't see come opening day. nothing new.

Will the Texans finally get rid of the curse of releasing\not utilizing the playmakers from pre-season? :backsout:

Nope. Every year on every team fans become enamored of 2nd and 3rd stringers who look good going up against other 2nd and 3rd stringers and then get upset when they are released.

Can you name some released pre-season fan favorite Texans who have gone on to make significant contributions on other teams?

This is how football has been since football has been...

Lots of guys in camp that you won't see come opening day. nothing new.

No doubt. Well over half of the player signatures that I got at All Access 2006 were not on the team on opening day. Such is life in the NFL.

What are the things coaches look for in deciding to keep a "bubble" player out of college or with minimal pro experience? Class room participation? I'm sure film if much exists is helpful + relationships with the coaches player has had.

Back