Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-01-2007   #1
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer
Talking Tailgate traditions/Activities?

With the season approaching soon, I was wondering what does everyone else do at their tailgates. Of course in the Yellow Lot we have the Shotgun30 boys who put on a hell of a party every week. Especially when Miller was giving away that truck with the awesome sound system. I see people playing pouch toss, and playing such. But what does everyone else do? Anything out of the ordinary?
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tailgate traditions/Activities?

Well, once I get to the lot and get unloaded......

Sometimes I grab a screwdriver before starting my 12oz curls.

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #3
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Well, once I get to the lot and get unloaded......

Sometimes I grab a screwdriver before starting my 12oz curls.

Would that be a phillips or flathead, and why a tool in the early morning?
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the season approaching soon, I was wondering what does everyone else do at their tailgates.
Drink... Drink heavily....
Old 06-06-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Our only traditions are try to get there early and eat a lot.

Any new Texans flags on the market? I try to get a new one for the collection every year (which made last year's season ticket gifts really nice).
Old 06-06-2007   #6
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

We tried to start a shot tradition. Making a specific shot at the tailgate and everyone at the tailgate take it before we go into the stadium. That didn't last too long as so many people only drink beer or are scared of shots.

I think that this season our group needs to establish some kind of tradition. Maybe streaking before every game.
Old 06-06-2007   #7
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
We tried to start a shot tradition. Making a specific shot at the tailgate and everyone at the tailgate take it before we go into the stadium. That didn't last too long as so many people only drink beer or are scared of shots.
Try Jello shots. I find they are easier on the stomack.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2007   #8
dskillz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Try Jello shots. I find they are easier on the stomack.
Good idea. I will try that.
Old 06-07-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Please, just leave out the streaking....
Thanks!!

Signed,
All Texans fans not in your tailgate group...

Old 06-07-2007   #10
dskillz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Please, just leave out the streaking....
Thanks!!

Signed,
All Texans fans not in your tailgate group...

Streaking is reserved for a 4-game winning streak.
Old 06-07-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I can live with that.... Heck if we win 4 in a row, I'd probably be up for anything... lol
Old 06-07-2007   #12
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
Shots...jello or otherwise...are hell on you when you do all the shot guns. I personally stay away from anything other than beer at the tailgates. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten home from the games only to struggle to remember all the details about the game.

I have slowed my consumption allot. Its rare now that I do all the shotguns...and I'm the guy that calls the Shotgun to order!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #13
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Would that be a phillips or flathead, and why a tool in the early morning?
Who said anything about tools?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007   #14
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Have your group start doing the Haka at 11:15 just before the last Shotgun. Do a Shotgun and walk in!

Haka Trojan Style

Sounds like a plan to me. Go for it!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007   #15
dskillz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Shots...jello or otherwise...are hell on you when you do all the shot guns. I personally stay away from anything other than beer at the tailgates. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten home from the games only to struggle to remember all the details about the game.

I have slowed my consumption allot. Its rare now that I do all the shotguns...and I'm the guy that calls the Shotgun to order!
I remember my first tailgate and I came across the shotgun30. I was young and stupid then and did every single one except the first one. I felt so bad as I was downing rum and cokes between shotguns. I might do one shotgun a week now. I am more of a liquor man nowadays. But I try to atleast come by to check out the scene in Mojo-ville every half hour.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read