Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-31-2007   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AirTran chooses not to renew Michael Vick contract

Airtran cut its ties with Mike Vick... Can't say that I blame them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

I was in Atlanta last week, and his mug is all over Hartsfield-Jackson Airport by the AirTran ticket counter, along with Danica Patrick.

I flew AirTran ONCE. Never Again. If I ever flew on "Aeroflot" or "Air Kazakastan" I'm sure it would be comparable to AirTran. I'll gladly pay the usual $45.00 difference to fly Delta from Houston to Atlanta.

But Mike Vick and AirTran in many ways seem to make a good fit..
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AirTran chooses not to renew Michael Vick contract

I like how they say "We have chosen to go another direction". I expect that would be as far and as fast away from Vick as they can as soon as they can. I expect his endorsment deals will/are drying up pretty quickly.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #3
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell a train wreck in Atlanta this year. Too bad, I'm a big fan of the owner here...he deserves better.
Old 06-01-2007   #4
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
I smell a train wreck in Atlanta this year. Too bad, I'm a big fan of the owner here...he deserves better.
You been to a Home Depot lately? Can't find anyone that knows anything. "Customer Service" is a joke. Perhaps this is "Bad Karma" coming his way for years of abusing customers.

Blank for his credit did read Vick the "Riot Act" but that is not enough. Vick should have been gone from the Falcons after flipping off the crowd last year.

While Blank has done alot for people in Atlanta, I don't feel sorry for him. If Vick was this much of a thug back in college as the reports now indicate, Blank should have done his homework back then.

Vick has "Oakland Raiders" written all over him- after he gets out of prison.
Old 06-01-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Old 06-01-2007   #6
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While Blank has done alot for people in Atlanta, I don't feel sorry for him. If Vick was this much of a thug back in college as the reports now indicate, Blank should have done his homework back then.
Didnt he buy the team after Vick was drafted?
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #7
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebleminded View Post
Didnt he buy the team after Vick was drafted?
Yea.. he did. I thought he bought them right before. Anyway, the GM and Coach AT THE TIME should have done their homework.

Maybe they did. But the "thug" aspect gets overlooked if he can fill seats in the Georgia Dome.
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2007   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Airtran cut its ties with Mike Vick... Can't say that I blame them.

Airtran should have first hand knowledge about the perils of a damaged reputation. Perhaps Vick should consider a name change.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
Airtran should have first hand knowledge about the perils of a damaged reputation. Perhaps Vick should consider a name change.
After that crash in the Everglades, ValueJet HAD to change its name. They couldn't change their name to "DeathJet" so it became "AirTran"...

Vick could become a rapper after he gets out of prison and change his name to "Big Bow-Wow" to honor his Dog Fighting interests.
Old 06-03-2007   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, I think he should stick to his roots and go by Ron Mexico.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys ya think??
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Dallas Cowboys ya think??
Romo could use a good back up to keep his skills in check.
Old 06-03-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
Romo could use a good back up to keep his skills in check.
Romo judging on Miss America was horrific.
He is so 'Lawrence Welk' its just impossible to stomach.
He has that frozen televangelist smile its just eerie. The guy has about as much soul as a paperweight.
Old 06-03-2007   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Romo judging on Miss America was horrific.
He is so 'Lawrence Welk' its just impossible to stomach.
He has that frozen televangelist smile its just eerie. The guy has about as much soul as a paperweight.
Perhaps he's shy. He has had a huge lifesyle change in a very short period of time, and my limited knowledge has given me the impression that he is personable, engaging and certainly cares deeply about his contribution to the team.

I did watch the pageant, but I guess I was so caught up in the icy reception to Ms. U.S.A., I of all people did not give Romo much of my attention.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read