Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2007   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Holyfield visits Texans at practice..

Texans get a little motivation from Holyfield:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4851471.html

"I thought it was great for him to take the time to stop by here and talk to our guys," coach Gary Kubiak said. "It's amazing looking in the faces of those young players and the intrigue and what he's accomplished.

"The thing that I got out of it is he talked about passion, he talked about commitment and he talked about being a good guy. Those are things we talk about all the time, but when somebody like that stops by here and echoes those remarks that is as powerful as it gets. I'm just very appreciative that he came by."

Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Holyfield visits Texans at practice..

It looks like he's warming up to slap Rosenfels in the picture.

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

LMAO... So true, or slap him right out of the picture...
Old 05-31-2007   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LMAO... So true, or slap him right out of the picture...
I don't think he even needs warming up to do that!
Say, it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a boxing ring and let Holllyfield toughens up the young kids a bit, especially T.J.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #5
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think he even needs warming up to do that!
Say, it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a boxing ring and let Holllyfield toughens up the young kids a bit, especially T.J.
Good thing he didn't visit the Titans. I don't think Lendale would have stopped at just biting his ear.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It worked with the Jets last year...it could work for us.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #7
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Texans get a little motivation from Holyfield:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4851471.html

"I thought it was great for him to take the time to stop by here and talk to our guys," coach Gary Kubiak said. "It's amazing looking in the faces of those young players and the intrigue and what he's accomplished.

WTF????? Holyfield makes Calvin Murphy look chaste. He is washed up. One state pulled his boxing license. Promoters rip him off left and right. Yet he keeps trying a comeback.

What does he have to prove? Nothing.

All he is going to do is get a serious brain injury. Holyfield is not "idol" material.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2007   #8
Rocky79
Rookie

Holyfield has always been a Houston sports fixture. I still have an autograph he gave me when I saw him at a Rockets game in the old summit when i was a kid. Sure he does'nt know when to quit, but you cant say that he has not left his mark. He has beaten every great fighter of his time, and he only makes the mistakes he does now because he has too much heart (and not enough sense) to quit.

But every great fighter stays past his prime, and I think history will view Evander in a better light than we see him now. I just hope some of that never say die attitude rubs off on our Texans.
Rocky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #9
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky79 View Post
Holyfield has always been a Houston sports fixture. I still have an autograph he gave me when I saw him at a Rockets game in the old summit when i was a kid. Sure he does'nt know when to quit, but you cant say that he has not left his mark. He has beaten every great fighter of his time, and he only makes the mistakes he does now because he has too much heart (and not enough sense) to quit.

But every great fighter stays past his prime, and I think history will view Evander in a better light than we see him now. I just hope some of that never say die attitude rubs off on our Texans.
Excellent points. I couldn't agree with you more.
Evander was and is, "The Real Deal". I watched him progress to the top of his profession. He did it with alot of heart and determination. One of my favorite boxers ever. If he can help inspire the Texans, great.
Old 06-01-2007   #10
real

Thumbs down Re: Holyfield visits Texans at practice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
WTF????? Holyfield makes Calvin Murphy look chaste. He is washed up. One state pulled his boxing license. Promoters rip him off left and right. Yet he keeps trying a comeback.

What does he have to prove? Nothing.

All he is going to do is get a serious brain injury. Holyfield is not "idol" material.
So he's not "idol" material because he doesn't want to quit ?

This is one of the most non-smart post I have read...

You have chosen to disregard every accomplishment this man has ever made, all the work he put into his craft, all the things that drive people to be great......because he doesn't know when to quit....great.

I fail to see what on God's earth that has to do with what he's accomplished....and why you've decided to degrade the man.

Perspective will do you wonders.
Old 06-01-2007   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

Never happen 'cause we got a left tackle now to protect our QBs. New song for the OLine "can't touch this". Hammer time!
Old 06-01-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
So he's not "idol" material because he doesn't want to quit ?
I'm wondering if it was more about the illegitimate children, given that they mentioned Calvin Murphy
Old 06-01-2007   #13
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Evander Holyfield Motivates Texas Pic (Via Deadspin)

http://deadspin.com/sports/it.s-late...els-265211.php

Noblesse Oblige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #14
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Evander Holyfield Motivates Texas Pic (Via Deadspin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblesse Oblige View Post
It's times like this I wish I looked more closely for the topic before I posted a new thread...
Old 06-01-2007   #15
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

thanks for the merge
Old 06-01-2007   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

dude is kinda scary in public....long story, going down an escalator, holyfield going up.....perhaps my friend jokingly taunted him......maybe he turned around and scared the crap out of my friend.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Question! No sarcasm intented either. Why would anyone care what a boxer thinks??
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #18
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Question! No sarcasm intented either. Why would anyone care what a boxer thinks??
They probably could have gotten a lot more out of watching a Rocky-a-thon on TNT
Old 06-01-2007   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The Jets watched boxing and met some boxers last season. They went to the playoffs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007   #20
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The Jets watched boxing and met some boxers last season. They went to the playoffs.
And they each bought a boxer-breed dog while wearing boxers, it worked!
It's the magic formula. j/k!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read