Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-31-2004   #1
LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Veteran

Default TO's new dance

I know the guy is a little of the wack, but you've got to enjoy his celebrations. They're pretty funny. Of all the celebrations until now, this is the best one ever. I think he did a better job than Ray Lewis. What do you guys think?
LoNghoRn-TeXaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I thought it was great. I just started craking up when I saw it. Scores TD and then does what Lewis does in the pregame intros...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Owens was a little too graceful.

Ray Ray looks like he is having a stroke. Owens looked like he was at Juilliard.

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 11-01-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

im not sure which one I hate more. Lewis or Owens.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #5
texman8
Veteran

I thought it was funny. Ray Lewis said he didn't see it. (in denial,heh)
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
im not sure which one I hate more. Lewis or Owens.
BOTH .... but if i had to chose just one it would be Ray Lewis , T.O doesnt get into cr@p off the field and i think Ray is a little over rated , ever since Sharper left the Ravens their D isnt as good......who was it that lead the NFL in tackles last year nope it wasnt Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Scores TD and then does what Lewis does in the pregame intros...

yeah at least T.O. waits till after he does something positive for his team before he does his dance .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8
I thought it was funny. Ray Lewis said he didn't see it. (in denial,heh)

He saw it and so did 50K plus fans in the stadium ....

T.O's Team got the win and i think the final scoreboard is all that matters ...
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Owens has bad "look at me!" disease...I think the guy is incredibly talented but how stupid are you if you make fun of Ray Lewis?

And that's what he was doing. Making fun.

I personally think he's very immature with all his gay talk about Garcia, his dances, etc.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2004   #8
chicagotexan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Owens was a little too graceful.

Ray Ray looks like he is he is having a stroke. Owens looked like he was at Juilliard.
That's a very nice way of putting it. Who's the one that wears tights in practice and picks up pompoms?
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
When you hold the offense to three and out you won't have as many tackles. I wouldn't be too proud of leading the league in that catagory. Players on bad defenses usually have tons of tackles. They can't get off the field.
Look at Zach Thomas, he already has 83 tackles and he hasn't even played this week yet. He could be pushing 200 tackles by the end of the year.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. I don't have to love them, like them or think they are funny. It's never funny when a professional athlete shows up another. And I absolutely don't like Ray Lewis but I respect the way he plays. He plays hard.

What if Owens grabbed a Texan cheerleader's pom poms and did that on the logo in the middle of the field after he scored a TD? Funny then?

The man is an enormous talent. It's too bad he spoils it with all the other stuff. I have much more respect for players that play hard and respect their opponents enough not to do the silly stuff Owens does.

It's all about EGO...the man craves the spotlight, must have it and is willing to act like a jerk to have it. JMO.
Old 11-01-2004   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
i hate t.o. but love his celebrations. gotta love them.

See now I'm just the opposite of that. If Owens would just play the game and shut the heck up I'd think highly of him. Instead I think he's just another self promoting jerk trying to get as much attention as he can. The people covering the NFL play right to that. If they just ignored his dumb antics he'd have no audience other than the one watching his great play which is, honestly, the only thing he does with any merit anyway.
Old 11-01-2004   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Miami's offense can't stay on the field either. Guys like Jessie Tuggle (in the past playing on some bad Falcon teams) and Jay Foreman (high tackle numbers on an expansion team) always have a million tackles but they are never the best at their position. I'm just saying that pure numbers do not have an absolute correlation.
I am agreeing with you Vinny, LB's on bad teams will always be tops in tackles, they just get more opportunities.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

For those of you who haven't seen it:

TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #14
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think T.O.'s dance was at least 'earned'...he DID score the TD.

The me-first mentality wasn't born by T.O., he's just made it more easy to spot. I'd like to see guys make the big hit, make the big tackle, score the big touchdown and then just flip the ball to the ref, and leave the celebrating to the fans in the stands.

Unfortunately, the celebrations are going to only get worse from college through the pros. The TV coverage and showboat stuff that gets you on ESPN, also tends to make you more $$$ in the NFL and these kids all know it from the time they first take the field in the NCAA.
disaacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Don't forget that Owens has repeatedly made comments regarding Jeff Garcia being "gay".

To which Garcia replied that he wished he'd quit, he didn't understand it because they left the Niners on good terms or so he thought. Owens comment was well reporters asked. A simple "no comment" would have done. I don't think too many fans around the country care if they like each other. But he has to be a jerk and imply the man is gay and it was said to demean him.

Like I said if they ever come to Reliant and he does something on the logo or makes fun of one of the Texans people around here will feel differently. It may never happen but he's the one player in the league that would do it.

And that speaks volumes about him.
Old 11-01-2004   #16
Rosusu
All Pro

I think TO is great. He is an incredible athlete and he is entertaining. I think he looked better doing the ray dance then ray has ever looked. He always has something new, sucks they are going to fine him most of the time just for having a little bit of fun.
Old 11-01-2004   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I liked TO's dance, but I would've liked it better if Ray Lewis came and cleaned his clock in the endzone halfway through the dance. It would've been a classic moment, but he said he didn't see it. Perhaps he did the smart thing and avoided getting a fine or suspension, but it would've been well worth it to see TO after Ray Ray clocked him.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #18
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the Eagles game yesterday. If Lewis didn't see it, he was the only one in the place that missed it. It was up on the big screen. I saw Sanders laugh so hard at TO's dance he almost fell down. Lewis had a lot of chances to "get TO" if he wanted. I counted at least four times when Owens went over the middle during the game. Nothing happened. Too bad nobody put up vid of the hit on Sanders on a punt return where Sanders was knocked airborne head over heals. As far as Owens goes, I personally don't like some of the things about his rep. Selfish, whatever. The more I watch him, the more impressed I am. In camp, Owens would talk to the fans while waiting to go through his drills. On the field during yesterday's game, Owens was all business from the time he comes out for warm-up until the game is over. He didn't take one play off when he was on the field during yesterday's game. I made a point of watching him when he was not in the play. He runs like he is getting the ball when it nowhere near him. Can't say the same about alot of other players in the NFL. He ran right over McAilster on one play when the pass when the Chad Lewis. To be honest, I didn't want him before the season. I was wrong. He can talk all he wants. It takes the other teams thinking away from McNabb, Westbrook, Lewis and the other WRs. If you can get someone on the other team thinking just for a second about something TO said or did and try for pay back instead of thinking about the game, you get beat. Might be a something to all this madness that is overlooked? Only TO knows for sure.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #19
El_DudeArino
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to El_DudeArino Send a message via Yahoo to El_DudeArino
Lightbulb Dangerous Celebration

[quote=WWJD] how stupid are you if you make fun of Ray Lewis?

Exactly, crazy or stupid, you make the call. Ray Ray called him a coward, hope we don't see another murder go down by Ray Ray's crew...
Old 11-02-2004   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

T.O is all business on the field . If he's such a "coward " why did he mock Ray Ray RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM ..... dont see anything cowardly about that . Didnt see him ducking outa the way when he went across the middle either ...... Ray you are a Fruad.

I dont particularly care for either of their antics . They are both good players , although i do believe Ray Lewis is a bit over rated , sure the Ravens D is Good but its not just Ray , there are 10 other guy's on the field that make him look good .... he's just the "mouth" of the group therefore gets the attention.
I for one dont watch the NFL to see T.O. pull out a sharpie and sign a ball or Joe Horn and his cell phone act nor any of the other garbage they do . I want to see the best players on earth play football , smashmouth football . Kinda miss the days of the ond Oiler / Steeler rivalry . Didnt see much of this cr@p back then accept maybe Billy White Shoes Johnson and his crazy legs dance .(d@mn i hate Bud) . The players respected each other , the FANS and the game . Would be nice if they would just STFU and play.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read