Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-31-2007   #1
real

Default Ok....so tommorrow is June 1st....

Who's getting cut ?
Old 05-31-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok....so tommorrow is June 1st....

No one.
Old 05-31-2007   #3
real

Question Re: Ok....so tommorrow is June 1st....

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No one.

Do they not normally make any cuts on the 1st ?
Old 05-31-2007   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not many and by no one I mean no one we don't already know about. Domanick Williams and David Carr will go down officially tomorrow on the books as June 1st cuts.
Old 05-31-2007   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm more interested if we are able to pick up anyone in next few days.
Old 05-31-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

xtru - you asking who could be cut tomorrow that could be signed by the Texans?

I googled that a few days ago and had trouble finding any list. I did read something that stated there would be less salary cap cuts this June compared to past years.

this is all I could find

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2886666
Old 05-31-2007   #7
real

Im really interested in both....

I know all the cuts aren't going to happen tomorrow, but any idea/guess at who might be cut both for the Texans or around the leauge ?
Sponsored links
Old 05-31-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im really interested in both....

I know all the cuts aren't going to happen tomorrow, but any idea/guess at who might be cut both for the Texans or around the leauge ?
looks like slim pickin's to say the least....

basically we are rolling into the season with the roster we have....yes that means we will have Earl and Brown at safety (vomits in mouth)
Old 05-31-2007   #9
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Second Honeymoon;674382]looks like slim pickin's to say the least....

basically we are rolling into the season with the roster we have....yes that means we will have Earl and Brown at safety (vomits in mouth)[/QUOTE]

i'm finding it hard to fight the chunks back myself......
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

basically we are rolling into the season with the roster we have....yes that means we will have Earl and Brown at safety (vomits in mouth)
Blah blah better DL pressure..... blah blah depth at CB..... blah blah Von Hutchins/McCleon......

This is my only complaint with the new front office.
Old 05-31-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Blah blah better DL pressure..... blah blah depth at CB..... blah blah Von Hutchins/McCleon......

This is my only complaint with the new front office.
yeah. it's not as if Manning isn't in our division anymore....

hopefully they can turn things around in the defensive backfield, but I don't see many new additions that are going to help make significant improvements.
Old 05-31-2007   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

June 1 cut date has been drasticly reduced. A couple nobody's maybe a few aged veterans. Not like the days of FA past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

since it's still the offseason and optimism reigns everywhere, let's hold out hope that more pressure by the d-line will help the performance of our secondary.

makes sense anyways...
Old 05-31-2007   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I cut myself with a knife this morning. Is merely a flesh wound.

Oh, this isn't the Random Thoughts page? Well, I'm lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With a boat load of WRs at their disposal, could it be that the Pats will let go of Chad Jackson?

I heard he's due a $1.64M option bonus (don't know when).
He may or may not start the season (nursing injury).

gaffney's called for $600K this year, don't know if there's a roster bonus.

They would still have Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Kelly Washington, Reche Caldwell, and Wesley Welker.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #16
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With a boat load of WRs at their disposal, could it be that the Pats will let go of Chad Jackson?

I heard he's due a $1.64M option bonus (don't know when).
He may or may not start the season (nursing injury).

gaffney's called for $600K this year, don't know if there's a roster bonus.

They would still have Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Kelly Washington, Reche Caldwell, and Wesley Welker.
I really dont want gaffney, Im not saying he hasnt improved, but I want us to move forward, not back into the past.
Old 05-31-2007   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

I would have no problem with picking up one of the WRs that NE inevitably drops off their roster. Good chance it could be Gaffney.

Lets see what Gaffney can do with a real QB throwing to him. He looked pretty good with Brady throwing to him.
Old 06-01-2007   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 128424 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

As a 3rd or 4th option Gaffney would ok. Asking him to be the man or the side kick is asking too much from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the pats would probably cut Stallworth just b/c he's injury prone & costs more than Gaffney. All the other guys minus Moss are relatively low salary guys; you know how the pats front office gets down.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #20
real

I really can't see them cutting stallworth...

He's their stretch the field guy...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read