Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-30-2007   #1
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP
Default Predictions for 2008, Now is your chance.

Ok, let's all think about our team based on all our data and stats and knowledge, our gut feelings and make our bold predictions for the comming year. At the end of the year we can look back and see how close or far off we were on our feelings and estimations.

Pro Bowl: I predict the Texans will send 1 person to the pro bowl.

Demeco Ryans

Best offensive player(team)

Ron Dayne

Best defensive player(team)

Mario Williams (leads the team in sacks and TFL but outvoted for probowl)

Most improved player(team)

Jason Simmons

Most promissing Rookie(team)

Fred Bennett

Most dissappointing(team)

Amahn Green

Well that's what I came up with, training camp hasn't even started so it's all in the blind but take your best shot. (it's something to do )
Old 05-30-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Predictions for 2008, Now is your chance.

That's your best shot ?

Ron Dayne as the best offensive player ? and Demeco the only pro-bowler ?

Let me guess......You predict Andre gets hurt.....
Old 05-30-2007   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl: 2 people.

Demeco Ryans & Andre Johnson.
(Mario and Schaub should have made it but were cruelly gypped.)

Matt Schaub

Demeco Ryans

Mario Williams, new team sack record

Most promising Rookie(team)

Amobi Okoye, DROY

Most disappointing(team)

Mike Flanagan

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl: I predict the Texans will send 3 people to the pro bowl.

Demeco Ryans
Andre Johnson
Dunta Robinson

Andre Johnson

Demeco Ryans

Dunta Robinson

Amobi Okoye

Chad Stanley(may even be cut by midseason)

With an improved pass rush, our secondary should get way better.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #5
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
That's your best shot ?

Yeah... Ron Dayne? Very bold prognosis...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl: Im getting greedy

Demeco Ryans
Andre Johnson
Mario Williams
Dunta Robinson

Andre Johnson

Demeco Ryans

Mario Williams

Amobe Okoye

Fred Bennett

RECORD:
8-8
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #7
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
That's your best shot ?

I made my picks, make yours, just try to stay off the bad rep button if someone doesnt agree with you. it's just for fun.
Old 05-30-2007   #8
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

So much depends on Charles Spencer, IMO ......... if he's back and effective early it will make a tremendous difference in the team, if he's not, we're in trouble again. Based on the reports, I'm going to assume he's back and effective from the start of the season.

Pro Bowl: I predict the Texans will send 1 person to the pro bowl.

Demeco Ryans

Andre Johnson

Mario Williams (leads the team in sacks)

Owen Daniels

John Abatte

Mike Flanigan
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #9
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs or bust.....I'm excited about this season
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Just curious--what's with folks predicting AJ not going to the probowl? He has gone 2 of the last 3 years, i.e. when not injured, and there is a certain momentum to probowl selection.
Old 05-30-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Alrighty then:

Pro Bowl:

Andre Johnson
DeMeco Ryans
(Kubiak keeps talking up Dunta for the PB--well, then, a miracle is going to have to happen to the rest of the secondary).

Best Offensive Player:

AJ

Best Defensive Player:

DeMeco

Most Improved Player:

Mario

Most promising rookie:

Jacoby Jones (I am not buying the Kevin Walters entrenched at #2 WR talk--I'm thinking part of that is a Kubiak reward for being a hard worker. If you work hard for Kubiak, you will get a shot, but ultimately, the better athlete will see the field).

Most disappointing:

Jerome Mathis (due to not figuring out the injury thing)
Old 05-30-2007   #12
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

If this happens we'll double our PSL investments...

Pro Bowl
Demeco Ryans
Mario Williams
Amobi Okoye
Andre Johnson
Owen Daniels
Eric Winston
Matt Schaub

Best offensive player

Matt Schaub

Best defensive player

Mario Williams

Most improved player

Dunta Robinson

Most promising Rookie not in the Pro Bowl

Fred Bennett (Jacoby Jones a close second)

Most dissappointing

Travis Johnson
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #13
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Just curious--what's with folks predicting AJ not going to the probowl? He has gone 2 of the last 3 years, i.e. when not injured, and there is a certain momentum to probowl selection.
myself, I didnt pick him because I think the offense will be much more well rounded this year so harder for one guy to stand out like the past.
Old 05-30-2007   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
myself, I didnt pick him because I think the offense will be much more well rounded this year so harder for one guy to stand out like the past.
I see where you are coming from, but...flip side is it is atypical for pro bowl WR's to come from non-well rounded offenses. Chad has TJ and Rudi. AFC backup WR's Harrison and Wayne had each other plus Addai. What is amazing is AJ has made the pro-bowl on a very limited team, to the point of being elected by the players as the best WR in football--a less limited offense should let him shine rather than obscure him.
Old 05-30-2007   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok , count me in .

Pro Bowl

AJ and Demeco (Both should have made last years squad)

AJ .... Thats an easy one .

Demeco Ryans

Demarcus Faggins ..... the entire secondary should preform much better with this being the second season in the 4-3 and the addition of Amobi Okoye .

Amobi Okoye . I dont expect him to be dominant but I expect him to occupy blockers and take pressure off of Marion Williams .
Fred Bennett could surprise a lot of people .

Jerome Mathis .... a second straight season of watching from the trainers table .
Travis Johnson .... I just dont have any expectations for this cat anymore . Getting outplayed by guy's signed off the street ..... ugh .

Record .... Im gonna go out on a limb and say 9-7 for the season after a 4-1 start .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Pro Bowlers: Andre Johnson

Best Offensive Player: Andre Johnson

Best Defensive Player: DeMeco Ryans

Most Improved Player: Mario Williams

Most Promising Player: Amobi Okoye

Most Disappointing Player: Travis Johnson

I predict Matt starts the year a little shaky but we find a way to win a few games. I think over the course of the year our defense continues to gel into a solid corps. By the time the season ends the Houston defense has an identity as one of the rising young defenses in the league and we end the season 8-8 after some late season disappointments/inexperience.

5-3 first half
3-5 second half
Old 05-31-2007   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl: I predict the Texans will send 5 to the pro bowl as a result of our first winning season.

Andre Johnson
Matt Schaub (will get there because others like brady etc wont go)
Ahman Green (im buying the hype- if he stays healthy he'll see the ball alot)
Mario Williams(fingers crossed- not very confident though if im honest)
Demeco Ryans
(Dunta, owen and amobi (if he gets some sacks you know fans will vote for him even if his run defence isnt great) also have a shot imo but i didnt want to get too greedy)

Best offensive player

andre johnson (im thinking his best ever yr something like 1400 yds, 7tds)

Best defensive player

Demeco Ryans

Most improved player

CC Brown
(i think whoever is wr #2 will do surprisingly well also)

Amobi

TJ,Mathis,Winston
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I made my picks, make yours, just try to stay off the bad rep button if someone doesnt agree with you. it's just for fun.

Demeco Ryans, AJ

Andre Johnson

Demeco

Charles Spencer

Amobi

I'm not gonna predict this one...Wouldn't feel right predicting a Texan player to be dissapointing

P.S I didn't negative rep you for a "disagreement"
Old 05-31-2007   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl selection

DeMeco Ryans - inspired play in the middle and a better W-L record means that 'Meco is finally going to get some love and go to Hawaii
Owen Daniels - OD could have had a breakout year as a rookie if HWWNBM could throw over the middle. Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzales, Owen Daniels - yeah, it could happen.

Most improved

Mario Williams - Healthy, playing one position, and playing with something to prove. I wouldn't want to line up opposite him.

Most disappointing

Travis Johnson - dollars to donuts the drafting of Amobi-Wan doesn't light a fire.

Best offensive

Vet - It would be easy to take the safe bet on AJ here but I'm going to say Schaubie. I'm betting that he moves the ball around (including up the field and across the middle), stays upright enough, and is good for 2-3 more wins than last year. If nothing else, having a leader in the huddle could make a big difference. Heck, even sustaining a few drives to keep the defense off the field could be huge!

Rookie - who knows. I'd love to say Jacoby, but are we really going to see a lot of three-wide with Sherman calling the plays?

Best defensive

Vet - DeMeco. I don't think this requires elaboration. We're all expecting for much. I'm confident he'll deliver.

Rookie - Can Amobi-Wan be a disruptive force in the middle? God, I hope so.

Final record - 9-7

I think that this is the year that the franchise at least hits the .500 mark. I'm praying for it because I'm tired of being lumped in with Cleveland, Detroit, and Oakland. Maybe after this year we also won't have to listen to all of this "league's worst O-line" garbage from the talking heads....
Old 05-31-2007   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Pro Bowl: Demeco Ryans, Andre Johnson

Andre Johnson

Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans

Kevin Walter

Fred Bennett

Travis Johnson...again.

Last edited by HuttoKarl; 05-31-2007 at 11:08 AM.
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read