Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-29-2007   #21
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter has hands on Texans #2 reciever job

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Is it possible that Kubiak & Co. look at KW and see something roughly akin to Wayne Chrebet? Tough, hard worker, catches everything?
Based on his role, size and skills they see a McCaffrey type in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2007   #22
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Based on his role, size and skills they see a McCaffrey type in my opinion.
If he is as tough and makes the hard catch like Ed did, we will be in tall cotton.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #23
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
If he is as tough and makes the hard catch like Ed did, we will be in tall cotton.
Never heard that one before...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #24
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

K-Dub was a first down machine last year. He's one of the Texans' best kept secret.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
K-Dub was a first down machine last year. He's one of the Texans' best kept secret.
If I've said it once, I've said it maybe 5-6 times. 17 catches and 12 first downs.

And I think he was open more than that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #26
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If I've said it once, I've said it maybe 5-6 times. 17 catches and 12 first downs.

I think you have to look at the situation, if it was 2 and 8 most of the time or was it 3rd and 15, cuz honestly most passes are 10 to 15 yards, so you should get first downs most of the time. just saying maybe you can read to much into stats like that.
Old 05-30-2007   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We have a QB with minimal plays last year throwing to a receiver with minimal plays last year. At least neither should be too tired.
Old 05-30-2007   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
cuz honestly most passes are 10 to 15 yards, so you should get first downs most of the time.
Not in Houston they haven't been. He who will not be named averaged 9 yards per reception last year.

Andre Johnson got a 1st down 33% of the time he was targeted, Moulds 42%, Walter 57%. Of course a lot of that has to do with play selection and QB choices but Walter put himself into positions where even HWWNBN found him and pulled the trigger to get the 1st down.
Old 05-30-2007   #29
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he'll do very well with the defence focused on johnsons
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #30
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not in Houston they haven't been. He who will not be named averaged 9 yards per reception last year.

Andre Johnson got a 1st down 33% of the time he was targeted, Moulds 42%, Walter 57%. Of course a lot of that has to do with play selection and QB choices but Walter put himself into positions where even HWWNBN found him and pulled the trigger to get the 1st down.
well by those numbers maybe he should be going for the WR1 spot not the 2. I think you know what I meant. On most teams. you cant use the Texans for an example of the league in any category. but hey, hopefully Walter will go to the pro bowl this year.
Old 05-30-2007   #31
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I think you have to look at the situation, if it was 2 and 8 most of the time or was it 3rd and 15, cuz honestly most passes are 10 to 15 yards, so you should get first downs most of the time. just saying maybe you can read to much into stats like that.
I like two statistics related to him from last year. The first is the high percentage of first downs. The second is that he caught 80% of the passes thrown to him. When I think back and remember Kevin Walter's plays, I remember him making big first down grabs in traffic. I like that.

The statistics I don't like related to him is that he was only averaging 3 yards after catch and he was only getting about 9 yards per catch. And he fumbled once (although I don't remember the play.)

I think the kid's got a lot of guts and works hard and I'm interested in seeing how he responds to more responsibility. He came to the Texans last year expecting to be a #2 and lost the job to Moulds. I want to see what he can do. I think he could be really good in tandem with AJ. We can use KW for the possession stuff and then vary how we use AJ.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #32
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walters has hands on Texans #2 reciever job

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Another punctuation expert. Great...

It's not really a punctuation issue, but we get your point, bandboy...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #33
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Im excited about Walter getting a chance to prove that he can be a WR 2 in the NFL this year. Im hoping that since Schaub's strength is reading defenses that he'll spread the ball around more than DC and hopefully that allows a guy like Walter to stepup and become a breakout player this year.
Old 06-01-2007   #34
taxman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I don't know how i feel about this yet...... i've got to see him in the preseason. Anyone know how his speed is?
He wasn't invited to the combine, However, Walter ran a 4.47 and 4.43 at his pro day.
taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #35
taxman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I don't know how i feel about this yet...... i've got to see him in the preseason. Anyone know how his speed is?
He wasn't invited to the combine, However, Walter ran a 4.47 and 4.43 at his pro day.
taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
It's not really a punctuation issue, but we get your point, bandboy...

We got yours too, Michaela. No big deal as we are talking sports. lol
Old 06-01-2007   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like two statistics related to him from last year. The first is the high percentage of first downs. The second is that he caught 80% of the passes thrown to him. When I think back and remember Kevin Walter's plays, I remember him making big first down grabs in traffic. I like that.

The statistics I don't like related to him is that he was only averaging 3 yards after catch and he was only getting about 9 yards per catch. And he fumbled once (although I don't remember the play.)

I think the kid's got a lot of guts and works hard and I'm interested in seeing how he responds to more responsibility. He came to the Texans last year expecting to be a #2 and lost the job to Moulds. I want to see what he can do. I think he could be really good in tandem with AJ. We can use KW for the possession stuff and then vary how we use AJ.
Agree that some of the numbers look good. But then we don't know exactly what kind of coverage he was getting. Surely he didn't see as much double teaming as AJ, if any. Sometimes I notice the opponent put the #1 CB on Moulds and double team AJ. I didn't pay much attention to KW, just that he ran mostly shorter route.

In 4 years and 47 receptions, only 3 were for more than 20 yards (20,21,33) and no TD. I don't know if we can read much into those stats, either!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #38
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We got yours too, Michaela. No big deal as we are talking sports. lol
Just having fun... I was bored and actually went through the alphabet in my head to find an amusing (to me) way to misspell your name.
I am thinking about calling you bandboy from here on out... not because it's insulting, but because I am easily amused, and it still makes me laugh a little...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007   #39
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Agree that some of the numbers look good. But then we don't know exactly what kind of coverage he was getting. Surely he didn't see as much double teaming as AJ, if any. Sometimes I notice the opponent put the #1 CB on Moulds and double team AJ. I didn't pay much attention to KW, just that he ran mostly shorter route.

In 4 years and 47 receptions, only 3 were for more than 20 yards (20,21,33) and no TD. I don't know if we can read much into those stats, either!

Exactly, that's all I'm trying to say, with limited reps, and receptions you dont really know what the stats mean. Alot like schaub, I like his work ethic and leadership, but face it, we have very little real evidence of his skills to go by. both of them will be watched intensely, by more than just Texan fans. I hope as most people do that they both do well and our offense picks up this year. Go Texans!
Old 06-03-2007   #40
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Just having fun... I was bored and actually went through the alphabet in my head to find an amusing (to me) way to misspell your name.
I am thinking about calling you bandboy from here on out... not because it's insulting, but because I am easily amused, and it still makes me laugh a little...
I chuckled a bit when I read that too...

No offense ban..er...badboy...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read