Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default David Carrs little bro lights it up............

His little brother Derrick Carr is a sophmore at Clements and starts for the varsity, I heard he can ZING it!
12-22 1 int 3 tds and a win, not bad for a sophmores 1st game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...h/4158819.html
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #2
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
His little brother Derrick Carr is a sophmore at Clements and starts for the varsity, I heard he can ZING it!
12-22 1 int 3 tds and a win, not bad for a sophmores 1st game.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...h/4158819.html
They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100
They showed the highlights on one of the stations last night, and the numbers look better than some of the passes did. He's only a sophomore though, so he'll get better. They were also playing a school that was playing their first varsity game ever.

Also, the guy he beat out for the starting QB position is John Hoke's son.
Sounds like his brother sometimes. :bananasplit:
Old 09-02-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he can beat out David in a few years, lol.

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #5
Chato
Rookie

Keep in mind too that was Seven Lakes first varsity game. They have no seniors and are 4A.

I hope Dulles and that Turner kid smoke their arses in district.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Clements is yielding a competitive sports team?

News to me.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #7
Chato
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re

News to me.

They are like queens of tennis, golf & succer I hear. All them manly activities.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-04-2006   #8
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

6-Man football doesn't count!*lol*
Old 09-04-2006   #9
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Just kidding!
Old 09-06-2006   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought that Clements had a decent team in the district last year. In the Fort Bend district it is usually an unknown from year to year which three teams that will make the playoffs only to lose in the first round.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006   #11
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Clements might have been good in that shoddy district, but Katy put the whoopin' on them in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 09-12-2006   #12
MikeMc
All Pro

But the real question, how many times was he sacked!!
Old 09-12-2006   #13
Boxscore
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re

News to me.
Clements always has better than average baseball teams
Old 09-15-2006   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.
Old 09-27-2006   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: David Carrs little bro lights it up............

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
He didn't light it up tonight against Hightower. My best guess was perhaps 7 or 8 completions out of 18 or 19 attempts, 2 interceptions and a sack. Hightower made numerous mistakes, e.g., two safeties among other things, but managed to hold on an win 13-12.
He is a sophmore old timer.
Old 09-27-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
He is a sophmore old timer.
Hey now--LMBH is a very nice person who is just calling it as she sees it. No need to go too far.
Old 09-27-2006   #17
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hey now--LMBH is a very nice person who is just calling it as she sees it. No need to go too far.
I apologize mam! Thought it was a guy, just poking fun.
Old 09-27-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I apologize mam! Thought it was a guy, just poking fun.
And 58 isn't an oldtimer either!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006   #19
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Lol, all is cool. However I was at the Hightower game and either he is a work in progress or HT's defence is well above average. I thought it was interesting that reports only showed DC's number of attempts, but excluded the completions, something like 19-7. I will agree though that as a sophmore the best could be yet to come.
Old 10-03-2006   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I played for Clements in '05. The running back Chris Lenoir is going to be a great player and he is only a junior. Another good player is Elliot Coffey, he is Derrick's #1 guy. He also plays defense, with two picks on the year. He played CB when I played with him, his sophomore year, but I think they may have moved him to safety(?)...he is pretty tall (6'1).

Derrick Carr's stats as of now through five games is as this:

Derek Carr 39 A for 79 C 5 INTS 627 YDS 9TDS

And on Clements' football team, they just got a new coach when I was a senior, in '05. Jeff Hulme. He is a good coach and brought in a whole new coaching staff. Our old coaching staff was so bad I quit playing football after my freshman year. When we got a new coaching staff I played for my senior year and we started getting better, finished 5-5. Last year they made the playoffs and this year it looks pretty good. The future looks pretty good too, as Chris Lenoir is seriously talented, and Derrick Carr is only a sophomore. John Hoke's son is only a sophomore too, he plays linebacker/safety and QB. He is actully a pretty good QB, but he is a better defender. He used to play safety, but from what I hear now, he plays linebacker.

Chris Lenoir's stats are as follows:

Chris Lenoir 155 A 968 YDS 6.2 YPC 10 TDS (LEADS CLASS 5A in YDS, ATTEMPTS, and TDS)
with: 39 A - 291 YDS and 3TDS vs. Elkins in their 4th game
and: 42 A - 245 YDS and 1 TD vs. Kempner in their last (5th) game (KYLE HOKE ALSO HAD AN INT TO SEAL THE GAME IN THIS ONE)

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 10-03-2006 at 01:49 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Texas High School Football
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read