Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2004   #41
chicagotexan
All Pro

Has Babin struggled? YES! Do I see anything that would lead me to believe he'll be an eventual bust? NO! He's not at Arrington or Lewis' level, but give the guy some slack. I don't really understand what you're seeing. Dunta has struggled at times, but I think he will be a very good player. You must have something against bad jailhouse tatoos.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #42
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan
Has Babin struggled? YES! Do I see anything that would lead me to believe he'll be an eventual bust? NO! He's not at Arrington or Lewis' level, but give the guy some slack. I don't really understand what you're seeing. Dunta has struggled at times, but I think he will be a very good player. You must have something against bad jailhouse tatoos.

i like the tats makes him look vicious !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #43
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
To me it looks like you don't know what you are talking about, but heck, that's just my opinion.
C'mon man, George made a sincere almost wide-eyed, innocent statement about some of the things that he thinks make this country great, and you stick your finger in his eye with a catty, sarcastic response. What's that about ? Much of his analysis is well grounded and supported with reasoned
detail. Now @ 4-3, has the team become so successful that dissenting opinion about the performance of one of the players become something that
can't be tolerated ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #44
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I will speak my mind as you speak yours. If I think you are blowing hot air and misinformation I may comment on it if I please, as you can. Wong averaged 2 tackles a game and less than half a sack a game his first year. I think he is unduly bashing Babin. I will say what I feel when I feel like it. Stating that I think you don't know what you are talking about isn't a personal attack nor is it a lack of toleration. Feel free to tell me I have no clue when it comes to my football insight. You are a click away if you please.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #45
georgewashington
Veteran

Stating someone doesnt know what they are talking about is a personal attack, by definition it is attacking them and their opinions. Its no different then coaches making decisions on people they like and dislike. Thats why 4th and 5th rounders can make better players than 1st rounders and the coaches still pick people over them. They see different things out of the same situations. And if it was unduly i wouldnt ahve said that he made good plays or that he would be good in the future. And its not misinformation if its factual, based on stats and observation. Its like a lesson in science. You can have two people look at the same data and see the same things but come out with different results. That doesnt make either of them right or wrong. So maybe you can get off of your soap box as the all powerful and all knowing administrator and calm down. If your opinions are so much better than mine and everyone elses then why arent you really working for the texans as a scout?
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
Stating someone doesnt know what they are talking about is a personal attack, by definition it is attacking them and their opinions.
Hardly. In my opinion you have little grasp of what you speak of when you comment on Babin in this manner. No attack, just an opinion. btw, 'attacking' an opinion is what you do in a debate.

Quote:
Its no different then coaches making decisions on people they like and dislike.
Eh? I can't figure out that one out.

Quote:
So maybe you can get off of your soap box as the all powerful and all knowing administrator and calm down.
I just post like everyone else. It would help if you would not be intimidated by the label under my name though. My opinion carries no more gravity than yours or anyone else's but you seem to think it does. I can't help that.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #47
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Please get off Peek's knob. He won't be starting anytime soon, and if he does, it will only be due to an injury to Wong or Babin.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2004   #48
georgewashington
Veteran

No grasp, correct me if im wrong, but you cant play defense with your back to the ball. Maybe I was nieve in saying that, but in my humble opinion i just thought it would be difficult to make a play or do your job if you dont know where the ball is on the field.
Old 11-01-2004   #49
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

George we all know you hate Babin and you are IN LOVE with Antwan Peek, you don't have to post it every week. We get it. I saw Peek play once yesterday and he ran straight past Byron about 10-15 yards behind him, which is what I said about him in one of your other "I LOVE PEEK AND HATE BABIN" threads.
Old 11-01-2004   #50
georgewashington
Veteran

And i dont think i once mentioned peek in this forum did i?
Old 11-01-2004   #51
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone here knows you have a hard on for Peek.
Old 11-01-2004   #52
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

No not in this one, but maybe one of the other four you have started...
Old 11-01-2004   #53
georgewashington
Veteran

i wont lie i have been anti-babin but if you look at what i have said i think my opinion has lightened up, i have said that he will be good, i didnt say he should be replaced, i simply stated that I find standing around unacceptable.
Old 11-01-2004   #54
texan279
Hall of Fame

I think if all he did was stand around he would have been benched long ago.
Old 11-01-2004   #55
georgewashington
Veteran

once again misquoting, i didnt say ALL he does is stand, i said a FEW times. Its hard to have a discussion about someone when they have a hard time reading.
Old 11-01-2004   #56
texan279
Hall of Fame

Ok, if he stood around FOR ONE PLAY OR A FEW TIMES I am pretty sure he would have been benched already.
Old 11-01-2004   #57
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

This guy is the same genius that said Babin should play DE for us just so Peek can get more snaps.
Old 11-01-2004   #58
texan279
Hall of Fame

Someone has a crush on Antwan Peek...
Old 11-01-2004   #59
georgewashington
Veteran

Watch the tape, he stopped mid spin with his back to Byron. Go up a bit and you will see that others saw the same thing. You cant stop moving if the QB has the ball, that has been my point all along. even if you cant get by you still try to get closer to make a deflection. Call me a liar all you want but its something you can see in the film.
Old 11-01-2004   #60
texan279
Hall of Fame

Or you could just sprint 10 yards behind him like someone else did...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read