Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2004   #1
georgewashington
Veteran

Default Babin is a Master

Im tired of all this Babin is improving talk. Did anyone watch him today, his pass rush is terrible. He got pressure twice, once Byron completed a 20 yard pass still, and the other time he wiffed and missed a sack. And if you watch the tackle even cheated by letting him get a step high because everytime he rolled back to the inside. And half of the spins he stopped halfway around and just stood there with his back to the ball. He made one good open field tackle, but most of the time he is just standing around. You cant really be improving much when you dont do anything. He is very over rated.
georgewashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
RunninRaven
Rookie

The Texans won.
RunninRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Im tired of all this Babin is improving talk. Did anyone watch him today, his pass rush is terrible. He got pressure twice, once Byron completed a 20 yard pass still, and the other time he wiffed and missed a sack. And if you watch the tackle even cheated by letting him get a step high because everytime he rolled back to the inside. And half of the spins he stopped halfway around and just stood there with his back to the ball. He made one good open field tackle, but most of the time he is just standing around. You cant really be improving much when you dont do anything. He is very over rated.
He's a rookie making a transition from DE to OLB, it will take time. Why are you always complaing about him anyway, you know Robinson has made some rookie mistakes also, but I am pleased with both of their play this season.
Old 10-31-2004   #4
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninRaven
The Texans won.
Not only that, but our defense played great today. We stopped the run game, and we did get pressure on Leftwich. We played as a cohesive unit today, and as a cohesive unit, Babin played great today. I don't think we can complain about his performance. Did he miss any big plays today? No. Did he do what was asked of him? Yes. Also, every time we blitzed today, we got great pressure on the QB. We did not get beat on a blitz at all today. You can't expect Babin to get sacks with a 4-man rush. We even put a good amount of pressure with our 3-man rushes. This has absolutely been our best defensive effort all year.

Last edited by phan1; 10-31-2004 at 04:17 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

We used to have Gaffney trolls when Gaff was developing too. It took a year and a half for Gaff to get his game up to the NFL level. We give up ZERO TD's and Babin is the bad guy once again for good ol George here. You are certainly our number one Babin troll though. I got to hand it to you.

Give the guy time to develop. Sheesh.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #6
georgewashington
Veteran

Its not the development Im talking about, I realize that and dont disagree. I may be a troll but its because of the multiple times he gives up during plays. You cant give up after trying one move on a pass rush. Watch the game and you will see that if the move doesnt work he stands up and does try a second move. That has nothing to do with changing positions or being a rookie. And how about the genius comment by the other guy "you cant expect him to get a sack on a four man rush", are you kidding me, you are telling me that DE and DT, and in our case OLB arent supposed to get sacks with out a blitz? If you are getting one on one blocking, you should be expected to beat that man at some points in the game.
Old 10-31-2004   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Last time I checked the Jags didn't run the ball too well at Babin and that is a big part of playing defense. Babin is going to be fine. We had an outstanding day defensively.

Every week you come in here and bash him like he ran off with your wife. Give it a rest whydontcha.
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2004   #8
georgewashington
Veteran

didnt run too well at him? they only ran 10 times. I bash him because there is no excuse for giving up on a pash rush. and if you watched he really didnt collapse the pocket that well, and yes i do say this every week because it happens every week. call me a babin hater or whatever else but as long as i see him giving up on plays before they are over there is not going to be any respect from me, no excuse to stopping during a play with your back to the ball that many times.
Old 10-31-2004   #9
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought master was usually a good thing.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

He is using sarcasm since he comes in every week and bashes Babin.
Old 10-31-2004   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
...call me a babin hater...
OK, you're a Babin hater. 26 of your 37 posts have bashed Babin. That says it all.
Old 10-31-2004   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewashington
call me a babin hater or whatever else but as long as i see him giving up on plays before they are over there is not going to be any respect from me, no excuse to stopping during a play with your back to the ball that many times.
It just really amazes me sometimes how impatient you and others are with rookies.

When David Carr was a rookie, look at how disappointed all of you were with him. In his third season, are you disappointed with him now?

When Jabar Gaffney was a rookie, look at how disappointed all of you were with him. In his third season, are you disappointed with him now?

georgewashington, 3 years from now, I want you to tell me how disappointed you are with Jason Babin.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #13
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Sheesh I thought Babin played a good game ...... several pressures ..... I'm beginning to smell a rat in George's weekly Babin bashing ....

chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #14
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Babin had 3 solo tackles and at least two QB pressures, I think that is pretty good for a rookie.
Old 10-31-2004   #15
Rosusu
All Pro

Why everytime we win a game somebody has to ***** about something? Why look at the negatives! If babin wasnt doing good, we have a solid group of linebackers that could replace him. The coaches obviously see something in him. Please let everyone enjoy the win for at least 3 hours at least before you bring up what you didnt like about our awesome victory over the jags.
Old 10-31-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I have a feeling that even if Babin was the illegitimate love child of LT/Ray Lewis/ Mike Singletary (take that image with you when you sleep tonight) that georgy would still bash Babin. Does he need to break the single season sack record for you to stop bashing him? Or would you find a way to bash him on the "way" he got sacks? This is becoming alot like the "Fire so and so" threads.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #17
georgewashington
Veteran

Yes you are all correct, except that you did not respond to my main point. I said i dont like how he would give up so much on his rushes. and i agree he probably will be good in a few years, but that doesnt mean i have to like the lack of hustle i saw. he did have some good plays today, but thats no reason to stop in the middle of a spin move with your back to the QB who still has the ball.
Old 10-31-2004   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Last time I checked the Jags didn't run the ball too well at Babin and that is a big part of playing defense. Babin is going to be fine. We had an outstanding day defensively.

Every week you come in here and bash him like he ran off with your wife. Give it a rest whydontcha.

. 39 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS for the Jag's ..... Nuff said.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah i dont think you can call it a lack of effort when they only gained 39 rushing yards on us !!! and ya know some of the guys he's trying to spin off of our pretty big atleast he was attempting i've seen guys just stand their in a stale mate and try nothing !!! Be happy they didnt have a big day on us ,,,passing our rushing do our D and babin had to do something right !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Babin had a good game today.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read