Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you think will most likely happen in 2007
We have a 10-6 record 3 4.55%
O-line gives up 33 or fewer sacks 8 12.12%
Ahman Green rushes for 1,200 yards 18 27.27%
Schaub throws 30 TD's 1 1.52%
Defense is ranked in the top 8 5 7.58%
Offesne is ranked top 10 1 1.52%
Mario has 13 sacks 1 1.52%
Andre has another 100+ reception year 18 27.27%
Demeco leads the leauge in tackles 11 16.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2007   #1
real

Default Most likely to happen....

What do you think will most likely happen ?

Last years results: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=happen

Last edited by real; 05-22-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Most likely to happen....

Whoops...I put one choice twice...

Mods any way to fix that ?
Old 05-22-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish I could have picked two...
Andre for 100 catches and,
DeMeco leading in tackles....

Given that I went with Andre catching 100 balls...
Old 05-22-2007   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

took out one of the "Schaub throws 30 TD's"
Old 05-22-2007   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
took out one of the "Schaub throws 30 TD's"
Thanks
Old 05-22-2007   #6
real

I think Schaub is going to get the 30+ TD's fairly easy....
Old 05-22-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andre has another 100+ reception year
This one seems like an easy choice, all things considered.
Old 05-22-2007   #8
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with < 33 sacks mostly on the hope that Schaub has more pocket presence than Carr.
Old 05-22-2007   #9
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Since it asks which is most likely to happen, I had to go with Demeco leading the league in tackles. He was the closest to reaching the listed goal than any of the other choices last year, so I figure that makes him the most likely to make it this year, although some of the other choices seem tempting.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #10
real

Results from last year:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=happen

How wrong we were....
Old 05-22-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 220522 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I put <33 sacks because, I think someone posted in another thread that our o-line only gave up 27.5* sacks LAST year and this year we're going to be better.

* That's 27.5 of our 42-43 sacks that were actually the fault of the o-line. The rest of the sacks were someone else's fault.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario with 13+ sacks.
Old 05-22-2007   #13
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 20999 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say Green rushing for 1200 is the most probable. A couple of others categories are certainly possible.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

On last year's, I voted for Top 15 defense. I am not sure where we finally ended up, though the last 10-12 weeks of the season should have put us about there, I think. This year, I said AJ catching another 100 balls. I'm not sure how optimistic I am about that, but it seemed the best choice available. 30 TDs for Schaub is a hefty mark. There aren't many QBs over the past decade that have thrown for 30 TDs. There are usually only 2 or 3 QBs that manage it per year, and they're seldom the same from year to year. Peyton is about the only guy that manages it consistently.
Old 05-22-2007   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
On last year's, I voted for Top 15 defense. I am not sure where we finally ended up, though the last 10-12 weeks of the season should have put us about there, I think.
The Texans finished 24th in total yards allowed. Still, not bad considering how poorly they started. Infantrycak calculated that the Texans would have had a top 10 defense, if you threw out the initial 5 games of the season.

Other metrics not reached from last season's More Likely to Happen thread:

David Carr:25+ TD's - No (11 TDs)
DD: rushes for 1300 yards - No (Zero yards)
A.J: 15 rec. TD's - No (5 TDs)
D.Rob: 6 INT's - No (2 INTs)
By the end of yr: Top 12 ranked offense - No (28th in total yards)
Jerome Mathis: 3 KR for TD - No (Zero TDs)
Offensive Line: under 35 Sacks - No (42 sacks allowed)

The offensive line came closest to meeting the goals last season. Go figure. This year, AJ getting 100 catches is betting the chalk. But, I think Schaub may spread the ball around a bit more. So, I'll take DeMeco leading the league in tackles. Who's gonna tell him he can't?
Old 05-22-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But, I think Schaub may spread the ball around a bit more. So, I'll take DeMeco leading the league in tackles. Who's gonna tell him he can't?
I'll bet on both those statements. AJ should have more yards this year with less receptions. DeMeco did lead the league by a long shot on solo tackles--not hard to see him taking the overall lead from a very generously graded Zach Thomas who was credited with many an assist for flopping on the pile last year.
Old 05-22-2007   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care to see Ryans lead the league in tackles , that would mean that the defense was spending far too much time on the field . I'd much rather see them perform well as a unit . The key to the success or failure of the defense is stopping teams on 3rd down .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

HA - 1st to vote 10-6 record, cause if we do most of the rest, that should come as well. What's a 4 game swing, ya know?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I dont care to see Ryans lead the league in tackles , that would mean that the defense was spending far too much time on the field...
I hear what you're saying. There's a Jamie Sharper type of leading the league in tackles, and there's a Ray Lewis type of leading the league in tackles. Making plays in a defense designed to free him to make plays. That's more along what I see Ryans being capable of.
Old 05-22-2007   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hands down it's green rushing for 1200 + yds. He was 150 yds away from that last year & missed 2 games to boot. Plus if this system is run like it's supposed to be, he'll have that easy.

# 2 i'd have to say is a tie between Andre 100 + catches & O-line giving up 33 sacks or less Although if Schaub is as good as we hope he is, AJ won't have to catch that many b/c Schaub will hopefully be spreading it around.

Last edited by Mr teX; 05-22-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read