Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2004   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

after seeing that pic i think he needs to be added to the most feared players in the nfl list !!!! Looks pretty scary !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #22
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Did he get that haircut? Are we sure? Could somebody please give him one anyway? :hehe:
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #23
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
I feel Carr showed today who truly is the best young QB !!! I mean loo at carrs numbers for the season and look at what a turn around we've had since our first 2 games ,,,gotta give a lot of tha credit to our defense though they have stepped it up lately !!!!!
Give Leftwich the chance to get into his 3rd year first. Most people agree that a QB needs to show what he can do in his 3rd year, and Leftwich is not there yet.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #24
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr delivered a mistake-free performance in the biggest game of his brief NFL career. It's time to stop calling Carr one of the best young quarterbacks in the league. He has become one of the best quarterbacks in the league, regardless of experience.

GRADE: A (quote from houston chronicle.)
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #25
DreamCatcher
Rookie

David Carr is a major talent and the Texans need to make sure thay keep hold of him for a long time.This Houston Texans team have the ability to take on the best and bring much success.
Old 11-01-2004   #26
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I have to admit I haven't watched many non-Texan Jaguar games but Leftwich didn't look all that great to me yesterday. How many times did we hear about Carr's so called poor arm mechanics that would get his pass batted down? Jeeeez how many of Leftwich's were tipped or worse? I know Leftwich is banged up but wow he made Testaverde look like a gazelle out there yesterday. What's the over-under for major surgeries in his career? Another thing, did it seem like his passes were always fluttering dying quails? Maybe he had an off day ... I know he wasn't too comfortable in the pocket ...

chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #27
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I have to admit I haven't watched many non-Texan Jaguar games but Leftwich didn't look all that great to me yesterday. How many times did we hear about Carr's so called poor arm mechanics that would get his pass batted down? Jeeeez how many of Leftwich's were tipped or worse? I know Leftwich is banged up but wow he made Testaverde look like a gazelle out there yesterday. What's the over-under for major surgeries in his career? Another thing, did it seem like his passes were always fluttering dying quails? Maybe he had an off day ... I know he wasn't too comfortable in the pocket ...

I don't remember any of that stuff. If anything, Carr has only been praised for his arm mechanics, even as a prospect. As for Leftwich, he's still a good QB. Mostly, it's because he's a clutch player and that's the type of thing that makes headlines and highlight reels.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2004   #28
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
I don't remember any of that stuff. If anything, Carr has only been praised for his arm mechanics, even as a prospect...
Both Carr's & Leftwich's throwing motion were questioned coming out of college by the QB "experts". Carr because of his low release point, Leftwich because of how low he holds the ball at the start of his motion. For the most part, they get the job done. And that's the bottom line in the NFL.
Old 11-01-2004   #29
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
The reason I believe they passed on him was because Jack likes the Bigger CB. Yea i would love to have DRob right now but atleast Reggie Williams was showing a little life.
Robinson is to small is why. Del Rio likes bigger CB's.
Old 11-01-2004   #30
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm

Like our whole team, Leftwich looked like **** yesterday. The previous 4 games he had looked much better. I think after the bye he'll be good to go; he's been banged up, mostly because our line sucks this year (compared to last).
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuno
Small, Fast CB = 1
Big, Slow WR = 0
Old 11-01-2004   #32
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Showing life??? 5 catches for 27 yards, only 5.4 per reception today. And for the season he has 17 catches for 142 yards, a 8.3 yards per reception average. Rough. He has come up with a couple of nice 2-point coversion, though...
I didnt say he was doing great he was showing life that he could play. Yes he only got 5 catches for 27 yards its nothing spectacular but atleast he is getting around the ball.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #33
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
david carr is a outlaw, he is off tha wall krunk off tha chain nuttts touch tha grass type a qb.
word dog!!!
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #34
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Small, Fast CB = 1
Big, Slow WR = 0
CB is one of the easiest positions to come right in and play in the NFL. I dont see anything wrong with Robinson myself, but a lot of defensive minded coaches prefer tall CB's.
Old 11-01-2004   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CB is one of the easiest positions to come right in and play in the NFL. I dont see anything wrong with Robinson myself, but a lot of defensive minded coaches prefer tall CB's.
Actually it is agreed by many around the leauge that besides the qb position, making the transiton from college to the pros is hardest for a cornerback. So you might want to rethink your last comment

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #36
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you were talking about any other cb I might agree with you, but with Drob you can throw his lack of size out the window, because he plays alot bigger than he is. When we first drafted him I had some doubts, but when I saw him stop the bus straight in his tracks in preseason I knew we made the right choice. He hits like a linebacker and has the speed to stay with anybody in this league and take it to the house. If you throw the ball into the flats he will punish you and hes great on run support. An arguement can be made that he is already the best open field tackler on our team. Oh and by the way hes not to shabby in pass defense hes amoung the league leaders in ints. He is a complete player and a big reason why our defense is playing well so far. I just wish Meangelo Hall didn't get hurt so we could compare them.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #37
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Actually it is agreed by many around the leauge that besides the qb position, making the transiton from college to the pros is hardest for a cornerback. So you might want to rethink your last comment
You are correct. Kuno also said that Andre Johnson was nothing special and just "another WR", so take his/her insight with a grain.

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=245103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno
Did I miss something or does Andre Johnson walk on water? Being in Texas I get to see a lot of Texans games (go figure). He is a good WR but not the player the Texans fans are trying to make him into. He is not a elite NFL receiver and he is not someone I am scared of. Maybe I am wrong and the rest of you think he can dismantle Mathis with little to no effort, but I dont think so. I think he is a good receiver on a team that focus on him because he is the best they got. Thoughts?
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004   #38
kuno
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
You are correct. Kuno also said that Andre Johnson was nothing special and just "another WR", so take his/her insight with a grain.

http://www.jaguars.com/mb/default.aspx?f=6&m=245103
Laugh, I said Johnson was a very good receiver. Just not a elite receiver. Don't take that outta context.

I still have to disagree about CB tho. I have heard it said that RB and CB are two of the easiest positions to come right in and start at in the NFL. However it is just a opinion however you cut it, no matter if it is a coach, player or fan. Probably depends on the scheme a lot too.

Last edited by kuno; 11-02-2004 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-02-2004   #39
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

RB, yup, I could buy into that, BUT CB?? No way. Other than QB the CB probably has the toughest time making the transistion from college to the pros.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004   #40
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Laugh, I said Johnson was a very good receiver. Just not a elite receiver. Don't take that outta context.

I still have to disagree about CB tho. I have heard it said that RB and CB are two of the easiest positions to come right in and start at in the NFL. However it is just a opinion however you cut it, no matter if it is a coach, player or fan. Probably depends on the scheme a lot too.
Quote:
"Cornerback might be the toughest position in football to play," Capers said. "You look and see the skill of the receivers who play the game today. There are very, very few corners who have (single) coverage the whole game; I don't care who you are. A shutdown corner to me would be a guy you feel confident putting out there in man coverage a lot. But to think he's going to shut a receiver down the whole game — it's just not going to happen.

"So much of playing the position is skill, instincts, knowledge, all of those things. Just because a guy can run fast and has size doesn't mean he's going to be a guy who is going to go out there and shut a guy down.
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...texans/2888446
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read