Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2004   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Carr vs. Leftwich the numbers

Leftwich---------------------Carr
24-39 ----------------------26-34
61.5% -----------------------76.5%
220 Yards----------------------286 Yards
9.2 Avg ------------------------11.0 Avg
0 TD ---------------------------1 TD
2 INT ---------------------------0 INT
55.5 QB Rating -------------------110.7 QB Rating

1 sack ----------------------------- 0 sacks

2 rushes ----------------------------- 3 rushes
4 yards --------------------------------14 yards
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr played well today. If it weren't for that bonehead move by Gaff the score would have been a bit more in our favor. And I also can't believe that we didn't get a call on that obvious late takedown on Carr. But then again, we got away with a pretty big face mask, so it kind of evens out.

All in all I am pleased with the win. We have won 4 out of our last 5, and we have a super tough schedule coming up with road games in Indy and Denver.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #3
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Carr also did a great job from passing it to his wide outs to checking off to the backs, he didn't rely on Dominck Davis too much. Good job to both QBs for coming back from lower leg injuries.
Old 10-31-2004   #4
phan1
All Pro

Carr played great today! However, I still think it's a toss-up between who is the better QB. Numbers only tell half the story, plus, it is obvious who has the better supporting cast behind him. Whoever said that Jacksonville has a better recieving core is completely on crack. One thing that we do know for sure: Carr can do more things than Leftwich can. Either way, Leftwich is still a great QB.

I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open? Anyway, you can't blame him too much as he's been running for his life a whole lot his 3-year NFL career.

Last edited by phan1; 10-31-2004 at 05:12 PM.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #5
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

ya, i'm just talking about the numbers in todays game, and they mean alot. Leftwich gave up the ball 2 times once to seal the game, while Carr threw for over 280 yards, another touchdown, no turnovers (one close call) and over 75% passing pct.

of course not a highlight filled game, and TO's Dance, the shootout in KC,and the Pats losing will all be bigger stories.
Old 10-31-2004   #6
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I feel Carr showed today who truly is the best young QB !!! I mean loo at carrs numbers for the season and look at what a turn around we've had since our first 2 games ,,,gotta give a lot of tha credit to our defense though they have stepped it up lately !!!!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open?
If there is nothing there in the pocket, a QB can put pressure on the defense by scrambling. That's how Leftwich made the big play downfield to Jimmy Smith last week against Indy.

I will agree that Carr had a lot more time in the pocket today than usual. The Jags are in dire need of a pass rusher.
Old 10-31-2004   #8
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
If there is nothing there in the pocket, a QB can put pressure on the defense by scrambling. That's how Leftwich made the big play downfield to Jimmy Smith last week against Indy.

I will agree that Carr had a lot more time in the pocket today than usual. The Jags are in dire need of a pass rusher.
Pass Rusher and another CB and we would be set
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought you guys blew it when you passed on Dunta Robinson. There were exactly two elite corners in the draft last year and you take guys take a WR in a WR deep draft.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #10
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

On top of all the stats, the one I really like to see is the "0 Sacks" for the game. That is awesome and is what we have been saying from the start. If the line can give Carr some time he will be awesome. He is really starting to show it. Carr and Johnson definitely have a big future together.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #11
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought you guys blew it when you passed on Dunta Robinson. There were exactly two elite corners in the draft last year and you take guys take a WR in a WR deep draft.
The reason I believe they passed on him was because Jack likes the Bigger CB. Yea i would love to have DRob right now but atleast Reggie Williams was showing a little life.
Old 10-31-2004   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

How many elite CB's in the NFL have been large, physical CB bodytypes? Not too many. You need more speed and quickness and good hips to be a great corner. Bigger taller guys have a hard time turning and reacting. Williams couldn't beat Glenn on that jump ball and he is much larger than him.

When it all pans out Williams may prove to be a great pick and Dunta may turn out to be the bad selection, but I thought you guys shoud have went CB and took best available WR with your second pick. So far Dunta is having a solid rookie campain so I am glad you passed. I know our WR's thank you.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #13
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this look familiar?

JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #14
jags98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Does this look familiar?

Yes I remember that.... The ball went flying backwards...
Old 10-31-2004   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup it did and it didn't matter.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Ok I think I forgot how to do math or NFL.coms stats are messed up, I don't really know which, but can someone average the Jag game QB rating in with his other ratings this season and tell me what they get?

I keep getting numbers that are lower than what NFL.com has him at.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #17
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
How many elite CB's in the NFL have been large, physical CB bodytypes? Not too many. You need more speed and quickness and good hips to be a great corner. Bigger taller guys have a hard time turning and reacting. Williams couldn't beat Glenn on that jump ball and he is much larger than him.

When it all pans out Williams may prove to be a great pick and Dunta may turn out to be the bad selection, but I thought you guys shoud have went CB and took best available WR with your second pick. So far Dunta is having a solid rookie campain so I am glad you passed.

Just a reminder for those who couldn't watch the game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #18
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags98
Yea i would love to have DRob right now but atleast Reggie Williams was showing a little life.
Showing life??? 5 catches for 27 yards, only 5.4 per reception today. And for the season he has 17 catches for 142 yards, a 8.3 yards per reception average. Rough. He has come up with a couple of nice 2-point coversion, though...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1

I do think Carr might have a tendency to abandon the pocket too soon though. There were times when the pocket looked pretty comfy for him, but he decided to roll out anyway. Maybe because nobody was open? Anyway, you can't blame him too much as he's been running for his life a whole lot his 3-year NFL career.

76 sacks in year one of his carreer might have something to do with that .

When the QB breaks contain it forces the DB's to make a decision , stay w/ the reciever or come up to stop the QB . Facing a "mobile QB" makes for a long day for the D . Just ask Denver ..... Vick made them miserable. Some of the most effective plays today were when the play was designed for Carr to roll out . Just another weapon for Chris Palmer to work into the gameplan ...... Wish i had those kinda problems
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #20
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Other picture of Carr looks very familiar
this one doesn't .. ... he means business!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read