Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-21-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default favorite prospect- hows he doing?

I would like this thread to follow some of our favorite prospects drafted by other teams around the NFL. First state your player and try to maintain some kind of updated report from time to time. besides Texans this should help broaden our knowledge & help us follow other teams & their top prospects as well or for that matter former collegiate players from around the state of Texas if thats what you like.

my favorite player is Levi Brown I will be following him and now the Cardinals to see how he responds. alot of pressure protecting a franchise QB as a rookie LT but I think he will surprise the naysayers who said #5 was too high to draft him or he lacked the quickness to play the position.

http://azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1725

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #2
real

Default Re: favorite prospect- hows he doing?

Nice thread.

I like Reggie Nelson.
Old 05-21-2007   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

just in case anyone is interested but confused why there is little to no information yet available it may be due to the league rules which state:

rookies can report on May 22, only if they have either graduated or their graduating class has graduated. So although many athletes might elect to defer graduation until later in their careers and weren’t in class this past semester, the NFL still prevents them from working out until this last term comes to an end.

so while it may be early for some only those who graduated early have been able to partake so far.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-21-2007   #4
real

There are colleges still having class ?

We got out in April....geesh...
Old 05-21-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Same with us but you know that FSU and FAMU are one of the only schools that get out that early. All my friends here in Houston were in school for a good while in May.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking hehehe

Quote:

These aren't junior colleges.
Old 05-21-2007   #7
real

Default Re: hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
These aren't junior colleges.
LOL...

Yeah...FAM should have been a junior college the way it was run....
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: hehehe

Quote:
LOL...

Yeah...FAM should have been a junior college the way it was run....
You know I read something in the democrat where either FAMU or FSU was trying to take the Engineering school and make it 100% for one college. Apparently the sharing was not working. I actually took a class up there in that building and I would say it had 90% FAMU students and only 10% FSU students...and by the end of the semester most of those FSU students had dropped out.

Anyway I have been way off topic this thread sorry.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

heres a short piece from another of my favorite 07 draft picks Brandon Meriweather-
http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=25719&pcid=41

[Former head coach Larry] Coker said, ‘Why are you being so nice to this guy? He’s trying to take your job.’ Brandon said, "Coach, if he does take my job, we’ll just be a better team."

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-25-2007   #10
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking about Garrett Wolfe, who was picked up by Da Bears. He is a small back that picked up a lot of yards in college.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
I was thinking about Garrett Wolfe, who was picked up by Da Bears. He is a small back that picked up a lot of yards in college.
he was what a 3rd pick of da bears? don't see the value there when the Texans where able to aquire a pure slot back in Darius without spending a draft pick on him, but thats just me. da bears obviously like him cause they already agreed on a four-year contract $2.29 million. who knows maybe hes another Maurice Jones-Drew? both are cat quick, around 5'7" although Garrett is not as higly touted as Maruice not to mention not the fire hydrant either.

however, I will admit a soft spot for the little guy who can make it in a landscape dominated by giants

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-26-2007   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would like this thread to follow some of our favorite prospects drafted by other teams around the NFL. First state your player and try to maintain some kind of updated report from time to time. besides Texans this should help broaden our knowledge & help us follow other teams & their top prospects as well or for that matter former collegiate players from around the state of Texas if thats what you like.

my favorite player is Levi Brown I will be following him and now the Cardinals to see how he responds. alot of pressure protecting a franchise QB as a rookie LT but I think he will surprise the naysayers who said #5 was too high to draft him or he lacked the quickness to play the position.

http://azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1725

I thought he was going to be a RT to protect Lienart's blindside?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I thought he was going to be a RT to protect Lienart's blindside?
believe your correct sir, which should propel him on a fast track to the pro-bowl

he's already busy in the community too http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1724

“The kids are our future and they are the up and coming stars of the NFL,” offered Brown. “Anytime you get a chance to come out here and work with them and show them that even though we’re in the NFL, we are just like them. We’re not scary guys, and it is a great chance for me to come out and play with them. I have a lot of fun with kids, so this was a great time.”

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-26-2007   #14
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
believe your correct sir, which should propel him on a fast track to the pro-bowl

he's already busy in the community too http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1724

“The kids are our future and they are the up and coming stars of the NFL,” offered Brown. “Anytime you get a chance to come out here and work with them and show them that even though we’re in the NFL, we are just like them. We’re not scary guys, and it is a great chance for me to come out and play with them. I have a lot of fun with kids, so this was a great time.”
The Cardinals should be a surprise team this year, IMO.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #15
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited to see how Brown performs too, with the Cardinals being in the 49ers division and all.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://49ers.com/pressbox/news_detai...=PR%20News

Jay Moore signed with the Niners.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe he will play RT since Leinhert is a lefty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #18
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go with:

DeShawn Wynn (RB) (7th Rd) Green Bay

Allen Barbre (OT) (4th Rd) Green Bay

Ikaika Alama-Francis (DE) (2nd Rd) Detroit

Keith Jackson (DT) (7th Rd) Detroit
// My #1 choice for a DT, if we hadn't taken Okoye.

John Wendling (FS) (6th Rd) Buffalo

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #19
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Allen Barbre (OT) (4th Rd) Green Bay
http://greenbaypressgazette.packersn...705210477/1950

Fourth-round pick Allen Barbre should get time to develop as a left guard and tackle — he'll work mainly at guard this offseason — but fits the mold of a mobile linemen for the zone-blocking scheme.

"I like his quickness, I like his athleticism," said offensive coordinator Joe Philbin. "He seems like a very good prospect."

The Texans Bull Rush
Old 05-28-2007   #20
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
DeShawn Wynn (RB) (7th Rd) Green Bay
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=602431

Wynn, taken in Round 7, has talent but questions surround his desire and attitude.

The Texans Bull Rush

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read