Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: 2011 Superbowl host
Indy 2 6.06%
Dallas 28 84.85%
Arizona 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2007   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default 2011 Super Bowl goes to.....

Who's gonna get it? They'll decide tomorrow. Vote if to see if you're related to Ms. Cleo.

Quote:
Indianapolis resident Jeff Zelt seemed visibly perplexed as he considered the city's chances to beat out Phoenix and Dallas to host the 2011 Super Bowl.

This could be kind of tough; they are a lot bigger cities than we are . . . No . . . Well . . . I don't think so. I hope so," said Zelt, 37, moving from doubt to optimism and then despair. "Well, I don't know. We'll have a nice facility, but . . ."
With a decision now less than a day away, many Hoosiers may be hoping Indianapolis is picked to be a Super Bowl site. But like Zelt, many have found actually gauging the city's chances to land the big game much more problematic.
Indianapolis is competing with North Texas and Arizona to host the game. The league's 32 team owners are expected to select a location at their spring meeting this week in Nashville, Tenn.
Indianapolis 2011, the nonprofit group trying to lure the Super Bowl to Indianapolis, headed to Nashville on Sunday. The group makes its pitch Tuesday, based on a bid submitted last month.....
Indy Star 5/21/07
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 Super Bowl goes to.....

Super Bowl XLII, Glendale, Ariz. -- Feb. 3, 2008
Super Bowl XLIII, Tampa, Fla. -- Feb. 1, 2009
Super Bowl XLIV, South Florida -- TBA, 2010

I would say Dallas, since their copycat stadium should be ready by then....
Old 05-21-2007   #3
real

I picked AZ on accident...

I think Dallas gets it...
Old 05-21-2007   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Dallas will get it. That new stadium they are building is going to be a beast - a nice one at that - and I can't see the NFL not trying to showcase it. Although we will soon find out how many owners Jerrah has stepped on by the number of votes he garners.
Old 05-21-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

It really should go to Dallas. 'zona get's it all the time, and a Super Bowl in Indy will be like the Super Bowl in Jax minus the cruise ships, I mean extra hotels.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #6
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

I was going to vote the LA Texans or what ever they are going to be called at that point but I did not see it in the poll
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I was going to vote the LA Texans or what ever they are going to be called at that point but I did not see it in the poll
You seem like you have a lot of jealousy towards the Houston Texans. But what ever foats your boat and gets you through life I guess.

The Money that is being spent on the stadium they are building and the NFL is all about money so I am sure they will get it, but who would want to go there to see a game?
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2007   #8
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
The Money that is being spent on the stadium they are building and the NFL is all about money so I am sure they will get it, but who would want to go there to see a game?
Totally agree with you hear, Specnatz. It'll take 10,000 maniacs to drag my butt to dullas before I set foot in that city.....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #9
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
You seem like you have a lot of jealousy towards the Houston Texans. But what ever foats your boat and gets you through life I guess.

It's a boring off season. AZ will probably not get it until they start recognizing MLK Day, or that was the reasoning for them not getting it in the past.
Old 05-21-2007   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AZ will probably not get it until they start recognizing MLK Day, or that was the reasoning for them not getting it in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Super Bowl XLII, Glendale, Ariz. -- Feb. 3, 2008
BTW, MLK Day has been a paid holiday in Arizona since 1993.
Old 05-21-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 35-3

Quote:
Weird....your team has a history of leaving town and changing it's name, yet you seem to display some suspension of reality about the Texans and their 30 year lease with Reliant Stadium.

See, our owner was willing to work with the city of Houston and the Houston Rodeo to be partners in a state-of-the-art football stadium and practice facility across the street. Our owner understands the rich traditions and history of professional football and established tailgating and fan-friendly atmosphere from the beginning. Our owner is not scared to admit that he's going bald. Our owner is a class act and not a big fat piece of crap.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 05-21-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I say Dallas gets it. It's a benefit for building a stadium.

After going to Miami, I think all Super Bowls should be in Miami. Because the fun places to go are pretty centralized.

PHX, Dallas and Indy are all sort of spread out.

Indy in February is just wrong on so many levels. Dallas might not be terribly fun that time of year either, but Indy is just wrong.
Old 05-21-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Arrow is BSin' all y'all... He was an Oilers fan from NOCal that just followed the team to Possum Hollar... He could care less about Nashville or Tennessee.
Old 05-21-2007   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
As long as the stadium and infrastructure are on schedule, it's a lock that Jones gets the Super Bowl. And it could be in the rotation, seeing that it will be expandable to 100,000 seating for major events. Cha-Ching.
Old 05-21-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Arrow is BSin' all y'all... He was an Oilers fan from NOCal that just followed the team to Possum Hollar... He could care less about Nashville or Tennessee.
I was an Oilers fan, too. But they no longer exist.

And I know he's yanking chains, which is why I yank back.
Old 05-21-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

After going to Miami, I think all Super Bowls should be in Miami. Because the fun places to go are pretty centralized.

PHX, Dallas and Indy are all sort of spread out.

Indy in February is just wrong on so many levels. Dallas might not be terribly fun that time of year either, but Indy is just wrong.
Couldn't agree more. That stadium in Dallas is a marvel of modern engineering on a level with the Palm Island projects in Dubai or the Three Gorges/Yangtze Dam in China.

Other than Jerry narrating the whole thing, this website is an incredible resource on the Cowboys new stadium under construction

the new Wembley Stadium in London is pretty nice too and was just christened with the FA Cup Championship this week between Manchester United and Chelsea. Chelski won

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 05-21-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arlington, Texas hosting Super Bowl in 2011

Saw it on NFL.Com. Can't wait to see what that region can do.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #18
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
BTW, MLK Day has been a paid holiday in Arizona since 1993.
I know it is a fedral holiday but I was not sure about a state holiday. There name use to come up all of the time then get pulled based on that reasoning. It was the NFLs way of pressuring the state into recognizing the holiday.

BTW very few people get MLK as a paid holiday.
Old 05-22-2007   #19
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BTW very few people get MLK as a paid holiday.

I do

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Done deal....Super Bowl heading to Big D.

http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http:/...052216&srvc=sz

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read