Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2007   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Philly Inquirer recent story on Schaub

"His overall field presence is probably why Houston went after him," former East coach Joe Carroll said. "He's a very smart quarterback who learned a lot in high school, but really developed in his junior year at Virginia. . . .
"Becoming an NFL quarterback is a long-held dream for Schaub, 26, who recently moved into a house in the Houston area and is planning to get married in February"
"I remember playing peewee football at seven or eight and wanting to be a pro quarterback," he said. "Everyone has those dreams when you're that old, but as I got older, I realized it was a possibility. I formulated that into a goal, and now it's become a reality for me."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local...s/7568047.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Re: Philly Inquirer recent story on Schaub

Nice read, Thanks
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #3
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the find.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for posting. I like Schaub's work ethic and dedication towards his craft. These qualities in and of themselves won't make you an elite QB, but they do provide a solid foundation in that regard.
Old 05-21-2007   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I like the part where they talk about how he has command over all the players in the huddle. Thats nice, and actually refreshing because we've never had that before.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #6
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I like the part where they talk about how he has command over all the players in the huddle. Thats nice, and actually refreshing because we've never had that before.

What is "command over all the players in the huddle"? Never heard of it.

Sincerely,
David Carr
Old 05-21-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is another article--Link

Quote:
Schaub already looks comfortable with Johnson, who had a career-best 103 receptions last season. That is likely thanks to more than a dozen offseason workouts together.

"We were throwing just about two or three times a week," Johnson said. "We were going out and just going through the routes and things like that, just trying to get the timing down. I think it was important to all of us."
Good to hear.
Old 05-21-2007   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
What is "command over all the players in the huddle"? Never heard of it.

Sincerely,
David Carr
QB's don't freakin need command to be successful!

yours truly,

Hulk75

Last edited by real; 05-21-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2007   #9
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

That was a good story. I have been wearing my Schaub #8 jersey for several weeks now.

A cop said "Even Charles Schwab can't help the Texans."

A high school kid asked me why I have a David carr jersey with "schwab" on it, too.

Its gonna take a while...
Old 05-21-2007   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

Hulk75
oh man... i almost miss having that dullard around.
Old 05-21-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yours truly,

Hulk75
He's right you know .

QB75
Old 05-21-2007   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He's right you know .

QB75
lol...
Old 05-21-2007   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
He's right you know .

QB75
It's everyone else's fault. Carr is God.

Signed,

SES Super 'Genius'
Old 05-21-2007   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

yours truly,

Hulk75

Kick a man when he's down.

Sincerely,
Adam "Pac Man" Jones
Old 05-21-2007   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Here is another article--Link

Good to hear.
As recently as a year ago, I used to get slammed for blaming our former QB's work ethic, his lack of effort in being 'one of the guys' and his insufficient work with with his teammates outside of practice. Glad to see that people are coming around to realizing that was a big problem with our former QB.

It seems to me that Schaub is willing to do the little things that show dedication and love for the game. Schaub loves to play football and isn't happy just cashing fat checks. He wants to improve, lead this team to bigger and better things, and wants to do the work to be the best he can be. I get no sense that Schaub is a primadonna and that is a breath of fresh air for the whole franchise. Salutations Schaub.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 05-21-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
oh man... i almost miss having that dullard around.
yeah, he was a real Texans fan.................as long as David was on the team!
Old 05-21-2007   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, he was a real Texans fan.................as long as David was on the team!
I think Hulk is now 8westcoastpantherfan8 .

Here's a Hulk quote just for you second honeymoon .

so teams are supposed ti hit and never miss on draft picks, no matter what round they get them in. Slow the bust train down I HATE that word when refering to players, thses guys can all play better then me, and they dont decide were they get drafted. If he was a 5 rd pick you would have no problem with what he is doing now.

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 05-21-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think Hulk is now 8westcoastpantherfan8 .

Here's a Hulk quote just for you second honeymoon .

so teams are supposed ti hit and never miss on draft picks, no matter what round they get them in. Slow the bust train down I HATE that word when refering to players, thses guys can all play better then me, and they dont decide were they get drafted. If he was a 5 rd pick you would have no problem with what he is doing now.
was that an old quote from our board or a new excuse err quote from the panthers board? anywho, I am trying to abstain from sullying our MB with our former QBs name so I will just merely laugh and say 'par for the course' from the Hulkster.. and...maybe he can find a nice spot on a Carolina beach to further bury his head in the sand in. I hear Myrtle is really nice....
Old 05-21-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
ugh, a Boozer signature from a Texans fan? i never thought i would see the day. OT - that dude looked like the reincarnation of 76era Charles Barkley with his performance against the Rockets. He has really worked on his game the last couple years. Power, finesse, heart, intelligence, skill, but he is still a member of the Jazz.....if he wasn't on the Jazz he would be one of my favorite players in the whole league.
Old 05-21-2007   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I was bored one day so I looked at the Panther's board . That's where I read several familiar names and spatting .

They had a guy ... a Carolina fan from Texas saying if you think Carr is going to unseat Delhomme your kidding yourself . This guy 8westcoastpanther8 posted and I thought ... hmmm .... where have I seen this ... Carr is a victim ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read