Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2007   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans defense nickname

Quicksand. We are taking you down! Ok, maybe it is too early, but I like it. Been a while since House of Pain.
Old 05-21-2007   #2
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 4408 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl
Default Re: Texans defense nickname

Quicksand just doesn't sound scary or intimidating to me. I like something more along the lines of M.A.D.D Wrecking Crew or something.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Though I know DeMeco wants to have a nickname for the defense, you have to earn it.

I have heard Reliant Stadium referred to as the Power House.
Old 05-21-2007   #4
real

How about...'The boy's in blue' AKA 'Houston's finest' AKA 'The Law' AKA 'The Enforcers' AKA 'the young guns' AKA 'The Young-uns'
Old 05-21-2007   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

How about Thundering Herd or Terrible Toros (of course the second could be used for the O-line as well ).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiegrrl View Post
Quicksand just doesn't sound scary or intimidating to me. I like something more along the lines of M.A.D.D Wrecking Crew or something.
I just liked the thought that once you are in quick sand it is difficult to get away. I will turn my creativity to other endeavors.
Old 05-21-2007   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
i've never heard that. not bad.
Old 05-21-2007   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

nicknames are earned with dominating play and by winning football games. we could get there this year but until then they should be known as:

Texans Defense

as for possible candidates (if the defense earns it):

Mario's Brothers
Bull Pen
Bull Rush

honorable mention: Power House (love the name TC, but I just don't like tying a nickname to a field's naming rights sponsor. especially houston-based energy firms....Enron comes to mind)
Old 05-21-2007   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Ok, here's my addition:

AC/DC (Thunderstruck plays at the beginning) -> Thunderstruck is off the album...

"The Razor's Edge"

It also somewhat fits in with TC hearing Reliant described as "Power House".

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The nickname will come from something different than a thread like this. Probably when someone like Madden references how the team plays..."like a pack of dogs" or something like that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a bunch of people sitting around trying to come up with a name is unnatural. First, the team has to play hard and get a reputation for being stingy. THEN any nickname should develop naturally from how the team is playing and who is making the plays and probably from some phrase someone says.

Forcing a nickname for a defense that hasn't proven itself is artificial.

At least, that's my stance on it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think a bunch of people sitting around trying to come up with a name is unnatural. First, the team has to play hard and get a reputation for being stingy. THEN any nickname should develop naturally from how the team is playing and who is making the plays and probably from some phrase someone says.

Forcing a nickname for a defense that hasn't proven itself is artificial.

At least, that's my stance on it.
I agree. Imagine if the defense comes out and stinks it up. We will be giving them nickmanes, just diferent ones.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the above sentiments that a defense has to earn a nic.

Because without earning it first, the name becomes nothing more than a catchy sales phrase (especially if they don't live up to it).

I hope they do what needs to be done where this conversation means something in December, though.
Old 05-21-2007   #14
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree it will come naturally at some point (assuming it does at all.)

These naming theads are pretty much standard issue for the offseason even if nothing has ever come of them.

Old 05-21-2007   #15
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Though I know DeMeco wants to have a nickname for the defense, you have to earn it.

By whom?

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK.

I'm going to violate my own rule about coming up with a name and suggest this:

The Big Freaking Brains. (referring to Okoye & Kalu and somewhat to Demeco as well.)

That'd scare the bejeebus out of some people.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #17
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
OK.

I'm going to violate my own rule about coming up with a name and suggest this:

The Big Freaking Brains. (referring to Okoye & Kalu and somewhat to Demeco as well.)

That'd scare the bejeebus out of some people.
I got the image in my head just now of Mario and Okoye as "Pinky and the Brain". Don't ask why, it just seemed funny to me.

Old 05-22-2007   #18
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about "BULL-CORN"! J/K!
Old 05-22-2007   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
How about "BULL-CORN"! J/K!

Thats what the unit has played like on 3rd down for as long as i can remember ...... Earn it .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The nickname will come from something different than a thread like this. Probably when someone like Madden references how the team plays..."like a pack of dogs" or something like that.
Man, you are killing me here. I've already ordered another high speed boat off the royalties from "Quicksand Defense!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read