Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-12-2007   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Faneca Unhappy ...

it seems alan faneca isnt happy with the direction of the steelers and apparently feels slighted. if offensive linemen were an option, faneca should've been the superbowl MVP and is the dominant force behind pittburgh's attack. if the steelers are silly enough to let him go, faneca would likely be the biggest free agent of the 08 offseason. since alan says now that he wont be playing for the steelers after this season (and has been wanting to be traded since february), there are sure to be several teams already licking their chops. i hope the texans are one of them. with those statements, the steelers are probably hoping to get something for faneca before the trade deadline ... what would it take to acquire his talent? we're not in the greatest situation to get him nomatter when he leaves because we have very little to trade, and arent the sexiest market for free agency ... but faneca could instantly change the performance and image of our offense.

i love texanstalk, this link was taken from the main page.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 05-12-2007   #2
whiskeyrbl

I'm not sure what it would take in a trade, but I'm almost positive whatever it is we could not do it. However if he were to wait till next year and test FA we will have plenty of cap room to peek his interest I believe.
Old 05-12-2007   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he wanted to go with his coaches to Arizona?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007   #4
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
I thought he wanted to go with his coaches to Arizona?
That is what I'm hearing also.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

The player really has no say in any of this, short of retiring of course. PIT could just franchise him next year and the year after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007   #6
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

That doesn't always work now that agents like Rosenhaus (sp) are calling the shots.

Old 05-12-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
That doesn't always work now that agents like Rosenhaus (sp) are calling the shots.
Sure it does. Teams need to start calling that clown out.

Its a contract, you dont show/play - you dont get paid. So they threaten to sit out until the last few games to get credit for that year (which the NFL should change that rule), fine repeat it again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2007   #8
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

I'm with ya, I just sayin'.......................................

Old 05-12-2007   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd offer a 4th for him or better yet Travis Johnson .

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12358

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read