Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-11-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ricky Williams tested positive...again!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

Quote:
Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams tested positive for marijuana in April and will not be allowed to apply for reinstatement to the NFL until September, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
I'm thinking that he'll never make it back to the NFL.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #2
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

You beat me to it

Last edited by TexanAddict; 05-11-2007 at 10:20 AM.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #3
real

What-a-dope
Old 05-11-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

it's so easy to stop smoking pot. i really can't understand why he can't do it.
Old 05-11-2007   #5
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tell me this is 2005 and my pc just hasn't refreshed. What a weak chump. Weed or Millions of dollars playing a game?
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
What-a-dope
LMAO.... You're a punny guy!!
Old 05-11-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

haha, clearly this guy has a problem.

LoBo time.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2007   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

A waste of talent on the football field. Marijuana is non addictive, what a joke.
Old 05-11-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He doesn't have the heart to play in the NFL. I've never disliked the guy, but I'm tired of hearing about him. Dude needs to just give up already, because he could have focussed for a few more years and then retired in Amsterdam.
Old 05-11-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Marijuana is non addictive, what a joke.
not true at all.
Old 05-11-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

He doesn't want to play football. He also wants to not pay the Dolphins back that bonus. This kills 2 birds with one stone.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an interesting article relating to the question of "Marijuana Addiction":

http://www.uhs.wisc.edu/display_stor...=736&cat_id=38
Old 05-11-2007   #13
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky "Puff-Puff" Williams....So long.
Maybe we won't hear anymore about him.
Adios chump.
Old 05-11-2007   #14
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

hasn't he been given enough chances already
Old 05-11-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it ? Why would you want to smoke pot when you can drink beer ?
Beer - the nectar of the gods !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
hasn't he been given enough chances already
if 5 is considered enough, then yes.
Old 05-11-2007   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ricky isn't quitting because Ricky doesn't want to quit smoking. Ricky also doesn't want to play football anymore so Ricky should quite trying to pretend that he's trying to do that.

I have always believed that he was completely sincere when he retired and bailed out the first time. He should go smoke and call it a day. Then he should declare bankruptcy or whatever it takes to get the NFL and the Dolphins off his back. That would leave him free to go meditate and get stoned and it should be clear to everyone by now that these are the things Ricky wants to do.

It's his life and he should make a stand. I had more respect for him when he was saying "I'm out because I like my smoke and I don't want to be a cripple at middle age like Earl" than I do now. I don't think much of what he wants to do with his life but I'm all for him going away and trying to make himself happy. I'll support him as long as he's ok with the fact that in 20-30 years (if I'm still walking around on this rock) I'm going to have zero sympathy for his plight as a homeless stoner who sleeps under a freeway.
Old 05-11-2007   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Ricky isn't quitting because Ricky doesn't want to quit smoking. Ricky also doesn't want to play football anymore so Ricky should quite trying to pretend that he's trying to do that.

I have always believed that he was completely sincere when he retired and bailed out the first time. He should go smoke and call it a day. Then he should declare bankruptcy or whatever it takes to get the NFL and the Dolphins off his back. That would leave him free to go meditate and get stoned and it should be clear to everyone by now that these are the things Ricky wants to do.

It's his life and he should make a stand. I had more respect for him when he was saying "I'm out because I like my smoke and I don't want to be a cripple at middle age like Earl" than I do now. I don't think much of what he wants to do with his life but I'm all for him going away and trying to make himself happy. I'll support him as long as he's ok with the fact that in 20-30 years (if I'm still walking around on this rock) I'm going to have zero sympathy for his plight as a homeless stoner who sleeps under a freeway.
Wait, didn't he get a degree from U.T.? Can't he smoke dope and be a professor in California or something? Maybe he could run for political office on an honesty platform "I did inhale and I enjoyed it too".
Old 05-11-2007   #19
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand why the NFL cares if you smoke pot. I doubt he's chiefing up before the game and it's not a performance enhancing drug. The world needs to lighten up a bit.....geez.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
not true at all.
Mary Jane doesn't have anything in it that makes it addictive...

If you can't stop smoking pot it's the same thing as not being able to stop eating...or not being able to stop making it rain in strip clubs...

You don't go through withdrawls if you stop smoking weed...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read