Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007   #21
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 42
Posts: 6,016
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This thread made me think of the Carl Mauck interview with John McClain on 610.

He talked about how different times were back then and the blue-collar attitude that the Oilers had back then. Most of them worked regular jobs during the offseason. The players were really impressed with the rally. They were proud of how much the city supported them.

He said that the old Oilers feel like orphans nowadays. They have no association with Nashville and they don't really get recognized by the Texans organization. He said that "it's sad."
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #22
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That would be really cool if you could have had guys like Al Smith sign that shirt... How about Special Teams deamon and b/u LB Eugene Seale?
Don't forget Don Hardemann. That man was a brick wall.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #23
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot
 
YellerLotYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: EZ-Tag Lane
Age: 36
Posts: 3,214
Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Your misconception is believing that any admiration of the memories of the Oilers has anything to do with Tennessee. We were rooting on OUR team in those days while Tennesseeians were still marrying their brothers, sisters, and cousins. Those memories happened here and ya'll just adopted them like some poor child in a bad divorce.You can rant and rave about Earls records being yours, the history of Moon and all of that.... BUT it's just words because you didn't live or feel all the emotions at the time. Hell you probably don't even know about the 2 AFL championships that the HOUSTON Oilers had. And to our satisfaction the real OILERS!!!! Campbell, Bum, Mauck wouldn't have anything to do with your lil football tribute that Bud "Azz" Adams orchestrated.
You ever heard the saying getting treated like a red headed step-child? Learn it and learn it well, because that will be the feeling down deep in the pit of your stomach after the games with us. And I will love every minute of it.
Amen to that.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,774
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This thread made me think of the Carl Mauck interview with John McClain on 610.

He talked about how different times were back then and the blue-collar attitude that the Oilers had back then. Most of them worked regular jobs during the offseason. The players were really impressed with the rally. They were proud of how much the city supported them.

He said that the old Oilers feel like orphans nowadays. They have no association with Nashville and they don't really get recognized by the Texans organization. He said that "it's sad."
That's not completely true. The Texans have a "homecoming" game once a year where old Houston football players are signing autographs before the game and are honored at halftime.

There's not a whole lot the Texans can do when Bud controls the images and history of the team. Personally, I wish the Texans would retire the no. 34 as an homage to Earl and all the Oiler greats. It would be a nice symbolic gesture for the fans, too.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #25
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This thread made me think of the Carl Mauck interview with John McClain on 610.

He talked about how different times were back then and the blue-collar attitude that the Oilers had back then. Most of them worked regular jobs during the offseason. The players were really impressed with the rally. They were proud of how much the city supported them.

He said that the old Oilers feel like orphans nowadays. They have no association with Nashville and they don't really get recognized by the Texans organization. He said that "it's sad."
Maybe someone can write McNair and have a Tribute to Old Houston pro football greats at a game this year, don't think that would violate adams rights to that team as long as we didn't use the name Oilers. What do ya think? Maybe TC could do it she seems to have some clout.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #26
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 42
Posts: 6,016
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Maybe someone can write McNair and have a Tribute to Old Houston pro football greats at a game this year, don't think that would violate adams rights to that team as long as we didn't use the name Oilers. What do ya think? Maybe TC could do it she seems to have some clout.
They didn't do that this past season, did they? I remember they did it in '05.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #27
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
They didn't do that this past season, did they? I remember they did it in '05.
I know they had players from those days to sign autographs in the Budweiser Plaza, but we need to have them introduced during halftime with clips of them on the Jumbotron. During Battle Red day against those Tacks. That would be awesome. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2007   #28
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Your misconception is believing that any admiration of the memories of the Oilers has anything to do with Tennessee. We were rooting on OUR team in those days while Tennesseeians were still marrying their brothers, sisters, and cousins. Those memories happened here and ya'll just adopted them like some poor child in a bad divorce. You can rant and rave about Earls records being yours, the history of Moon and all of that.... BUT it's just words because you didn't live or feel all the emotions at the time. Hell you probably don't even know about the 2 AFL championships that the HOUSTON Oilers had. And to our satisfaction the real OILERS!!!! Campbell, Bum, Mauck wouldn't have anything to do with your lil football tribute that Bud "Azz" Adams orchestrated.
You ever heard the saying getting treated like a red headed step-child? Learn it and learn it well, because that will be the feeling down deep in the pit of your stomach after the games with us. And I will love every minute of it.
Please, you want to get off your soap box for a sec so I can speak my peice?

Surprisingly not all fans of the Titans just became fans as the Titans moved. Some, like myself, enjoyed watching Moon and the Oilers. I remember the run and shoot days and the debacle vs Buffalo.

Being from CA I have no tie to the location of the team. If the fans don't want to goto the games or build a new stadium and they lose there team who's fault is that? When ticket prices go up do you still pay or do you protest? If you will pay the increase what was wrong with the increase just being a tax? I know I know blah blah blah about the retro to the Astro Dome, but why spend a ton of money on Reliant just a few years later that ended up costing more then Adams proposal? I know "y'all" were hurt by the decision but in hind site wouldn't it have been better to keep your team in town and save money in the process instead of starting over with another team? To keep the history, the colors, the team ..... almost seems like a cut off your nose to spite your face things but that is just my opinion on the matter.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #29
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Please, you want to get off your soap box for a sec so I can speak my peice?

Surprisingly not all fans of the Titans just became fans as the Titans moved. Some, like myself, enjoyed watching Moon and the Oilers. I remember the run and shoot days and the debacle vs Buffalo.

Being from CA I have no tie to the location of the team. If the fans don't want to goto the games or build a new stadium and they lose there team who's fault is that? When ticket prices go up do you still pay or do you protest? If you will pay the increase what was wrong with the increase just being a tax? I know I know blah blah blah about the retro to the Astro Dome, but why spend a ton of money on Reliant just a few years later that ended up costing more then Adams proposal? I know "y'all" were hurt by the decision but in hind site wouldn't it have been better to keep your team in town and save money in the process instead of starting over with another team? To keep the history, the colors, the team ..... almost seems like a cut off your nose to spite your face things but that is just my opinion on the matter.
A lil history for ya. First of all keep the colors they were gay then and still are as you wear them. The reason the Oilers left was not because of lack of fan support it was a personal conflict between Adams and the Mayor of Houston at the time. so before you try to attack US FANS maybe you ought to learn all your facts. That way you don't look so foolish. And to answer your question, yea we wanted to keep the Oilers. Just not Bud Adams.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #30
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown
 
Mr. White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Age: 42
Posts: 6,016
Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Being from CA I have no tie to the location of the team. If the fans don't want to goto the games or build a new stadium and they lose there team who's fault is that? When ticket prices go up do you still pay or do you protest? If you will pay the increase what was wrong with the increase just being a tax? I know I know blah blah blah about the retro to the Astro Dome, but why spend a ton of money on Reliant just a few years later that ended up costing more then Adams proposal? I know "y'all" were hurt by the decision but in hind site wouldn't it have been better to keep your team in town and save money in the process instead of starting over with another team? To keep the history, the colors, the team ..... almost seems like a cut off your nose to spite your face things but that is just my opinion on the matter.
Here's my own take on the history. This post is from September and I was feeling pretty homerish at the time because it was so early in the season. The question was "Were the Oilers fans this negative?"

Quote:
They were more negative, but that's changing lately. Texans fans will catch up soon.

While some of still may have a place for them in our hearts, they were a dysfuntional franchise. I found this out when Bum Phillips got fired. Earl Campbell got traded over a pitcher of beer. Everything was Pastorini's fault, so he got traded for a hungover QB on the decline. The yankee GM mooned a wedding party...and you guys think Casserly was awful.

Bud threatened to move the team to Jacksonville.

Bud got Glanville on the cheap, and then found out by accident that he was a good quick-fix artist. Still Glanville's behavior was typical of a dysfunctional franchise.

The Run-N-Shoot was a dysfunctional offense. It was inflexible. It couldn't make adjustments. Good defensive coordinators often knew what play was coming. Ask Bill Cowher. They never had a TE or fullback to pick up a CB blitz. IIRC, Rod Woodson got 6 sacks on Moon in one game. Moon was an awesome QB, but was oblivious to backside pressure.

The cameras liked to show Jim Eddy jumping around and screaming...then his defense made history in Buffalo. If you watch NFL Films, this is the only reference they ever even make to the Oilers. In hindsight, I think this spelled their end in Houston.

Bud threatened to move the team to Conroe and become the "Texas Oilers." I don't think that Conroe really wanted them. Nashville did.

They went to a Super Bowl because the NFL made Bud hire a guy that actually knew something about football. He got credit that Bud wanted..so now he's gone. He's got his "yes man" in Floyd Reese.

Judging from stories about Steve McNair's exit and Billy Volek's exit, these guys are still a mess. And there's no doubt who's running things.

Bud Adams defies conventional wisdom. He's always got a better way.

Now we've got a team with a better owner, a better front office, and better coaches.

And better uniforms.

I think that I was wrong about Floyd Reese being a "yes-man" in hindsight. But that's about it.

Last edited by Mr. White; 05-11-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #31
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
A lil history for ya. First of all keep the colors they were gay then and still are as you wear them. The reason the Oilers left was not because of lack of fan support it was a personal conflict between Adams and the Mayor of Houston at the time. so before you try to attack US FANS maybe you ought to learn all your facts. That way you don't look so foolish. And to answer your question, yea we wanted to keep the Oilers. Just not Bud Adams.
The astro dome was empty the last season. Yes it was after the fans had been told of the move but if you loved the team and its players you still show support to the bitter end even if they are going to move. Make your protest at the games by not hitting up the concession stands but remember the real reason you went to those games was to watch the team you love not route for the city or its owner.

Before you go spouting off again with a post that hold no facts at all and just is meant to push out your chest maybe you should look at the real fact. This "conflict" you call it came about because Adams wanted a new stadium and out of the Astro Dome. Mayor McCheese would not even let it be put to a vote and said the city would not spend the money on the stadium. McCheese was but hurt because the fans/city were still paying for upgrade that were made to the dome a few years prior. Adams looked else where and was offered a new stadium and a bunch of hungry fans.

When it is all said and done if the mayor had put the proposal to the people and it passed the tax would have been less then the current tax funding Reliant. Actually understanding your side of the argument helps allot here and marking someone as "looking foolish" just because you did not understand what there were talking about does not make you look so bright.

Raider fans want the Raiders but not Al Davis, but since he is forking out the money and is the owner what are you going to do. Either you like the team or you don't the owner can make mistakes but it is still your team.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #32
Overalls
Hall of Fame
 
Overalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 48
Posts: 2,350
Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This article is a must read by those who think Dud is some angle all of this.

It is writen from the point of view of a business man, not a fan. It is writen without ties to Houston OR Trashville.

http://www.fee.org/publications/the-...e.asp?aid=3344
__________________
Proud original member of the Texans Bull Pen

451
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #33
whiskeyrbl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
The astro dome was empty the last season. Yes it was after the fans had been told of the move but if you loved the team and its players you still show support to the bitter end even if they are going to move. Make your protest at the games by not hitting up the concession stands but remember the real reason you went to those games was to watch the team you love not route for the city or its owner.

Before you go spouting off again with a post that hold no facts at all and just is meant to push out your chest maybe you should look at the real fact. This "conflict" you call it came about because Adams wanted a new stadium and out of the Astro Dome. Mayor McCheese would not even let it be put to a vote and said the city would not spend the money on the stadium. McCheese was but hurt because the fans/city were still paying for upgrade that were made to the dome a few years prior. Adams looked else where and was offered a new stadium and a bunch of hungry fans.

When it is all said and done if the mayor had put the proposal to the people and it passed the tax would have been less then the current tax funding Reliant. Actually understanding your side of the argument helps allot here and marking someone as "looking foolish" just because you did not understand what there were talking about does not make you look so bright.

Raider fans want the Raiders but not Al Davis, but since he is forking out the money and is the owner what are you going to do. Either you like the team or you don't the owner can make mistakes but it is still your team.
I do know the facts, the facts are the feud was long started before the stadium debate. I don't need some Cali dude to try to tell me something I lived though. And as far as going to the games I was not about to line that horses Azz pockets with any of my hard earned money knowing this team was gone. Do some more research and then come back to me and try to dispute my FACTS!!!! And make it worth my while and try to have some of your own.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #34
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default

Mr. White, while I respect your opinion but your point about McNair and Volek and not accurate. McNair and his agent knew going into the season there was no way he was going to be on the team unless he drastically renegotiated his contract. McNair did not want to lose the money and knew he was destine to be a backup with the emanate drafting of a rookie QB (Young in this case). So McNairs options were to play a year as a starter mentoring Young with a team in a building phase and take a pay cut or make one last push on another team in hopes to get a ring and keep the money. McNair chose the money. I do not blame him; I donít think anyone at the Titans organization blames him. Reese was one of the main reasons we could not keep McNair; he negotiated the contract that pushed the Titans into cap hell and ultimately cost use both Dysons, Rolle, DMase, and others. It is nice when you hate someone as much as Adams to blame him for things like this but he was only signing the check not making the contracts. In the end if the Titans had kept McNair we would have had to cut several players or not sign Young. So we keep an aging injury prone QB or we look to the future. I loved McNair as a Titan but I understand why he could not stay.

Volek is a moron. He threw his team under the bus and had a tantrum missing meeting and lying about where he was. He also got in a verbal argument with Chow that Fisher walked in on. Volek though he would get a chance to start and the coaches though Young would be ready to start before the end of the season. Then Volek got traded away and he bitches and moans to the press. Funny how Fisher blasted him after words and Volek was no place to be found. Where is he now BTW? The Burger King in San Diego has been looking for him for a while. Fries do not cook themselves. We have enough locker room BS without some hack want to be running his mouth ever chance he gets.
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #35
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran
 
ChildressTitanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blackburn UK
Age: 46
Posts: 339
Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
it's just words because you didn't live or feel all the emotions at the time. Hell you probably don't even know about the 2 AFL championships that the HOUSTON Oilers had.
Quite a few of us 'TENNheads' were Oilers fans. The only reason the Texans haven't left Houston yet is no city is dumb enough to take them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
You ever heard the saying getting treated like a red headed step-child? Learn it and learn it well, because that will be the feeling down deep in the pit of your stomach after the games with us. And I will love every minute of it.
Good luck with that,let's take a look at your O line for this year
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,568
Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
This article is a must read by those who think Dud is some angle all of this.

It is writen from the point of view of a business man, not a fan. It is writen without ties to Houston OR Trashville.

http://www.fee.org/publications/the-...e.asp?aid=3344
I witnessed the UH Cougars joining the old SWC in 1976, and then going at it with Earl Campbell, and then pullled for him with the Oilers.

NO to Bud, despite the good things he brought to the city early on.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill
 
Blazing Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 37
Posts: 2,906
Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
I do know the facts, the facts are the feud was long started before the stadium debate. I don't need some Cali dude to try to tell me something I lived though. And as far as going to the games I was not about to line that horses Azz pockets with any of my hard earned money knowing this team was gone. Do some more research and then come back to me and try to dispute my FACTS!!!! And make it worth my while and try to have some of your own.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/show...5&postcount=77

I do not want to regurgitate this great post by Childress but it shows a trend with fan loyalty. It was not just a Bud said they are going so now we are not going to go it is actually poor attendance that drove him away. How does a team make the playoffs 7 consecutive seasons and only have a 22 ranking among fan loyalty? But I guess the sited professor is not "fact" enough for you. I like you also provide nothing to support you argument other then "you lived there" and me living in "CA" makes me uninformed. Surprisingly if you follow a team even back in the 90s you could get information about them. No pony express or carrier pigeon required. Just pick up a newspapers...
__________________


RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,568
Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Quite a few of us 'TENNheads' were Oilers fans. The only reason the Texans haven't left Houston yet is no city is dumb enough to take them.




Good luck with that,let's take a look at your O line for this year
This is really LOW!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #39
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ
 
Bipolar The Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Age: 36
Posts: 250
Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Luv 'ya Blue!!!

__________________
Bipolar The Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #40
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran
 
ChildressTitanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blackburn UK
Age: 46
Posts: 339
Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This is really LOW!
Your right.

I went too far in mentioning your O line.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger