Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2007   #1
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ticket Demand Waning

It appears that the demand for Texans tickets has really begun to wane. We've gone from a waiting list to an e-mail from the Texans in their newsletter declaring that this is the first time ever, that they will sell season tickets on-line.

Upper sidelines still appear to be available in big chunks. Is this year the last year of guaranteed sell-outs as a part of the stadium agreement? I thought it was a five year deal.

If the sell-outs are not guaranteed, then could we be looking at our first black-outs?

While the secondary market for PSL's hasn't collapsed, it certainly has gone into recession. I'd be lucky to get over face value for the ones in the LL that I purchased from the team.

While I'm in it for the long haul, there's no telling what a .500 or better season could do to the team's profile in Houston, across Texas, and beyond.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ticket Demand Waning

ONLY regarding your secondary market comment - it hasn't waned. As someone who was in and watched the market closely before, during, and after our 2 win season, lower level PSL's still go for a pretty penny. Sadly, lower level season tickets only, well, not so much.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ticket Demand Waning

In just looking at the language, it sounds like it is the first time you are able to purchase "season tickets online."

Quote:
SEASON TICKETS AVAILABLE AT HOUSTONTEXANS.COM
For the first time ever, fans can purchase season tickets on-line at HoustonTexans.com.
Click here for details.
Whereas you may have not been able to do so in the past, perhaps only individual game tickets were sold on-line in the past. Please correct me if I am wrong.

From the newsletter:
Quote:
There are a limited number of season tickets still available for this season. With more than 59,500 sold for this season already, there are less than 2,000 seats still available.
Old 06-21-2007   #4
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

59,000 season tickets sold before July doesn't sound too bad to me. There will not be any blackouts here for years. We WILL be atleast .500 this coming season and some of the rats will be jumping back on board.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

im completely ignorant...what would a pair of decent season tickets for this year cost? Just got a pretty huge job, maybe can afford it now

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #6
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 39 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
im completely ignorant...what would a pair of decent season tickets for this year cost? Just got a pretty huge job, maybe can afford it now
I went through the on-line selection process with the Texan's website and came up with a pair of seats in 603 Row G Seats 3-4. The price was $460 per seat. That'd make it $920 for the pair plus some Ticketmaster convenience charges.

I hope to see you there if you're able.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

We couldn't get a seat upgrade this year.

By contrast, we were upgraded 7 rows last year.
Old 06-21-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
We couldn't get a seat upgrade this year.

By contrast, we were upgraded 7 rows last year.
Every year I fill out the paperwork and fax it in, every year............ DENIED!!
Old 06-21-2007   #9
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
59,000 season tickets sold before July doesn't sound too bad to me. There will not be any blackouts here for years. We WILL be atleast .500 this coming season and some of the rats will be jumping back on board.
A rare prediction from Overalls ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
A rare prediction from Overalls ....
I call cheap shot, Arrow... lol!
Old 06-21-2007   #11
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
I went through the on-line selection process with the Texan's website and came up with a pair of seats in 603 Row G Seats 3-4. The price was $460 per seat. That'd make it $920 for the pair plus some Ticketmaster convenience charges.

I hope to see you there if you're able.

Go Texans
That's what I pay for 631...row F. Got 8 seats. Love it there and have been there since day 1.

Why not call the Texans directly and avoid the Ticketmaster (convenience...uhhhh...theft) charges?
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Every year I fill out the paperwork and fax it in, every year............ DENIED!!
You and me both, man. And I'm up in the mountain goat section, too.
Old 06-21-2007   #13
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I call cheap shot, Arrow... lol!
That's ok. I predicted the Oilers would win the Super Bowl for 30 years. Now some poor saps can say they have been doing it for 40.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
In just looking at the language, it sounds like it is the first time you are able to purchase "season tickets online."

Whereas you may have not been able to do so in the past, perhaps only individual game tickets were sold on-line in the past. Please correct me if I am wrong.

From the newsletter:
What the.....

Why am I still on the waiting list if there are two thousand tickets available?

*sigh*

The Texans are dropping the ball here with me. I just want season tickets. Cheap seats. I've been on this list for several months now.

Guess it's time for me to get on the horn with them once again.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read