Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2004   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Lightbulb Game Day: Jaguars at Texans

Gamecenter

Gearing up
By J. Michael Moore

www.HoustonTexans.com
Quote:
The Texans injury report looks better with each passing day and the team should be near full strength when Jacksonville visits Sunday afternoon.

Right tackle Todd Wade practiced some Friday. Head coach Dom Capers said he will be available for Sunday’s game but would likely back up Marcus Spears at the position. But safety Jason Simmons missed practice for the fourth-straight day Friday and will not play Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Capers had updated Simmons progress all week and while the seven-year veteran is improving after suffering a concussion at Tennessee Oct. 17, nagging headaches will keep him on the sideline. Eric Brown is scheduled to start at strong safety Sunday and will be backed up by Marlon McCree. Capers said McCree will also play as a defensive back in certain packages in place of Simmons.

McCree started 11 games at free safety last season after the Texans claimed him off waivers from the Jaguars. He had 31 tackles and an interception returned for a touchdown. He started every game for Jacksonville in 2002, finishing with 63 tackles and six interceptions. “Basically everyone else practiced and did what we anticipated them doing,” Capers said Friday.

The importance of the game seems to grow by the day. The Texans (3-3, 1-0) will become the only undefeated team in division play with a victory over the Jaguars (5-2, 2-1). In a bit of a scheduling abnormality the Texans did not play an AFC South game until the sixth game of the season, which makes this game, and every division game that follows, even more important down the stretch. The Jaguars are first in the division after defeating Indianapolis last week.
Oh yeah, Sunday is also Battle Red Day.

Excited? The Texans are. “I think our team understands what this game means,” Capers said. “We’ve got a team that’s leading our division coming into our stadium. They’ve won both of their road division games so obviously this is an important game to both teams.”
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Touchdown Texans!! Oh..man I've got to get to bed. I hate it when I sleep type.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #3
99FirehawkTA
Rookie

its 2:00AM and Im still up....gotta sleep so The Game will come faster.

gonna be a great one.
99FirehawkTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #4
GunnerAU
Rookie

Should be a good one. Hopefully I wake up to see we've won.
23 - 21 Win I'm guessing :p
Old 10-31-2004   #5
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate it when I wake up at frickin 7:30 on sunday morning!!!! All that time to pass and nothing to do. Ah well, Here's to a good and interesting game. I'd love to see this blossom into a nice AFC south rivalry for years to come.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to Glenn Earl in the Safety mix??
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #7
Jwwillis
All Pro

I hope the Texans remembered to set there clocks back. I know I didnt, now I have to wait an extra hour for the game.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2004   #8
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
I hate it when I wake up at frickin 7:30 on sunday morning!!!! All that time to pass and nothing to do. Ah well, Here's to a good and interesting game. I'd love to see this blossom into a nice AFC south rivalry for years to come.
I hope you turned your clock back or it will actully be an hour earlier. :woot
Old 10-31-2004   #9
kuno
Rookie

Default Alright.....

Here is to a good game Texans fans. No injuries and some solid play. You guys be careful driving home afterwards too.
kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #10
hurricanejohnson80
waterboy

Default Need Some Fantasy Help

Hello fellow Texans fans I need some help with my fantasy team. I am starting
Tomlinson as one of my RB but I need to know who should I start as the other RB, C. Taylor vs. Eagles or A. Pinner vs Cowboys. It's a touchdown only league.
hurricanejohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #11
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Put it all on the line
I want to see front line action.
Hard hitting Donaven Darius Football action,
Balls and bodies flying vicariously through the air
Players gasping for air
Players seeing their bodies from above
And living to tell about it
Sask him once
Sack him twice
Sack him till he can't see daylight.
What the hell it's holloween.

Jack and Capers are about to draw
Byron and Carr about to Draw
Smith and Johnson are about to Draw
This is going to be a shoot out.

Excuse me while I shout
HOW BOUT THEM JAGUARS
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #12
Jwwillis
All Pro

Play LT
Old 10-31-2004   #13
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching ESPN's pregame right now. Another Leftwich feature. Look, the kid's tough, but do we have to see the exact same @*(&@#% story every week? Isn't there ANYONE else on the Jags worth talking about????
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #14
Jwwillis
All Pro

A win today will go a long way toward national exposure.
Old 10-31-2004   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watching ESPN's pregame right now. Another Leftwich feature. Look, the kid's tough, but do we have to see the exact same @*(&@#% story every week? Isn't there ANYONE else on the Jags worth talking about????
Did that show that clip of him in college where he played 1 play with a broken leg where his linemen caried him to the line of scrimmage? I have seen that clip about 72 times in the last two weeks.
Old 10-31-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Check down for the next play...watch

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is unstoppable!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #18
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

WTG Carr!
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

nice pump fake Carr
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

this running game is pathetic...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read