Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-06-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fisher moving Griffen to CB

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic248099-7-1.aspx

Quote:
Interesting.

I knew Griffin had the versatility to play both Safety spots, but I did not see this one coming.

If it works out, the Titans will pretty much have a much better version of what the Jaguars have in Brian Williams, i.e. a physical 2nd CB to compliment the playmaking #1 CB. (when Pacman returns).

I was very outspoken in my recommendation of Michael Griffin prior to the draft, stating he will be the best NFL player of the top 4 Safeties (Landry/ Griffin/ Nelson/ Meriweather) and I am sticking with that claim.

This just proves to all the people that questioned Griffin's "range" at FS - because there is NO WAY Fisher would be seriously contemplating this move if Griffin didn't have that.

There is simply not a hole in Griffin's game. Plus, he's an extremely intelligent player as well.

Griffin spent the first day of minicamp at his new position, CB, yesterday & Fisher reportedly liked what he saw. (not that he or any other HC, would ever state otherwise...but whatever)...

I'm happy with Reggie Nelson, as I have high hopes for him as well, but IMO, theres no question who I wanted the Jaguars to wind up with for our first round pick - it was Griffin.

He is going to be an outstanding football player.
well gotta replace Pacman
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #2
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

He was a reach pick to begine with. Now he isn't even worth that.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a heck of a player and I can see Fisher using him all over the field. I think he would probably be a cb similar in the mold of Dunta....but with a bit more size. I think he will only be a temp corner till pacman returns...or is replaced next year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read