Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Pensions

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
So ESPN just ran this story AGAIN. Do you think they should get a lifetime pension?

For:

NFL is Rich
Players may have lifelong medical bills

Against:

Do other jobs offer a life pension after a few years of emplyment (aside from Cngress, which is a joke)
If they ALL want it, shouldn't active players be willing to contribute to it? (do you think a lot of player will let a % of their salary go to common benefits?)

Just wondering what people think, they run this story all the time.

I think they should.

1) They are in a business with notoriously short careers.

2) The players who get the pension have to play for longer than the average NFL career, so even if it is just a small number of seasons to qualify, that number means something.

3) The pension really benefits the players who never made the big NFL money; it might look silly for those who make the guaranteed millions, but that pension helps out the minimum NFL salary players.

4) It is one more way for some of the money to go to lower end players, not just the stars and owners.

Absolutley they should. The NFL is so petty in its enforcement of behavior to protect the brand for its owners that it does not allow the players to leverage their career, while at their peak, for extra monies.

Giving players a pension, while tying conduct to it, is smart for everyone.

Note: I seem to be in pretty strong agreement with KT, so I am re-evaluating my opinion to see if I missed something.

I'll stick with my opinion. Good job, KT - you crazy ornithologist.

sipes2.jpg

Back