Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-04-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Griffin movin' to corner

Titans | Griffin to play corner
Fri, 4 May 2007 09:12:01 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans SS Michael Griffin will move to cornerback. "We feel like he has corner skills and we know he can play the other positions,'' head coach Jeff Fisher said. "So we want to get him as familiar as we possibly can at the position as soon as we can. I think he is best suited to play (cornerback). That's what we're doing, and I believe it is going to work out.''

Bold move by them, atleast IMO.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #2
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I ever saw Michael Griffin play CB at UT. I never liked the idea of making a 1st round pick convert positions, but if Tennesee wants to, good, here's hoping it's a disaster.

rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
I don't think I ever saw Michael Griffin play CB at UT. I never liked the idea of making a 1st round pick convert positions, but if Tennesee wants to, good, here's hoping it's a disaster.

Agreed on both. Floyd Reese has to be laughing right now.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default the titans must be kicking themselves...

Floyd Reese led that team through 2 decades and led them well. Ever since Reese was let go they have been the worst front office in football....

they had the 2nd most cap space in the NFL
they lost their #1 RB, #1 and #2 WR, and #1 CB and #1 player overall (sorry vince)
they signed next to noone
they drafted very poorly if they think Griffin can play CB

they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. that is for sure.
Old 05-04-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

it's bad enough they have such a one-trick pony at QB, now they've hurt him by putting nothing around him. they didn't have anything to begin with, and they let the guys they DID have go. not good.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007   #6
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post

Just FYI, Griffin did play nickel CB during his freshman year in a reserve role.

He played in all 12 games his freshman yr, but he only started two. I'm not sure what position he played in the two games that he did start.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read