Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2007   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Kinda Neat?

Noticed on the roster that our new CB from South Carolina Bennet has either chosen or was given the reverse number (32) of D Rob (23)

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/pl...?player_id=287

I know he has mentioned that Robinson was a big help for him at South Carolina and hopefully will be the same in the pros. It will be nice to really have a mirror image of D Rob at the other corner.

(I know this maybe chessy to some, but I was amused by it, but then again I am easily amused).

Last edited by V Man; 05-06-2007 at 06:54 PM.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

heh, that's cool (intentional or not)
Old 05-03-2007   #3
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

So I guess this means we're not going to re-sign Jonathan Wells?

Old 05-03-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

haha that's really cool. I like that. But then again i'm easily amused as well!

I just looked at our roster and new numbers and all. When Jeff Zgonina is at DT and Babin is in at DE, Our Dline #'s would be 90-91-92-93
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
So I guess this means we're not going to re-sign Jonathan Wells?

now THAT'S funny.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
haha that's really cool. I like that. But then again i'm easily amused as well!

I just looked at our roster and new numbers and all. When Jeff Zgonina is at DT and Babin is in at DE, Our Dline #'s would be 90-91-92-93
That is pretty cool, now if we could do it with the O-line as well.
68 -Beddell (T) 69 -Pitts (G) 70 -Weary (C) 71 - Herrion (G) 72 -Black (T)

Sad thing is even just kidding around, it isn't that much worse than the O-line several years ago.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Bedell is not on the team. Neither is Dalton, Polk, and Rainer. The roster on ht.com needs updating.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2007   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Bennett was a steal in the 4th and with Dunta helping him we will have a formidible Gamecock Duo!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I think that Bennett was a steal in the 4th and with Dunta helping him we will have a formidible Gamecock Duo!
That's what I was thinking when we drafted Bennett. I don't see Faggins in the starting lineup the entire year. Bennett seems to have great ball awareness but is soft on the run. With a talented d-line and solid LB's, Bennett should benefit from not having to make too many tackles and thus, can concentrate on pass deflections/INT's. Bennett could be starting by week 3.
Old 05-07-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
That's what I was thinking when we drafted Bennett. I don't see Faggins in the starting lineup the entire year. Bennett seems to have great ball awareness but is soft on the run. With a talented d-line and solid LB's, Bennett should benefit from not having to make too many tackles and thus, can concentrate on pass deflections/INT's. Bennett could be starting by week 3.
I hope Faggins can return to the nickel spot where he is actually a very good player for us.

Bennet should hopefully start and I for one couldn't care less if he is soft in run support, that is what the front 7 is for. I just want Cornerbacks how can cover their receiver and make plays on the ball. Anything else is gravy.
Old 05-07-2007   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I hope Faggins can return to the nickel spot where he is actually a very good player for us.

Bennet should hopefully start and I for one couldn't care less if he is soft in run support, that is what the front 7 is for. I just want Cornerbacks how can cover their receiver and make plays on the ball. Anything else is gravy.
I agree. I like that he is big, quick, and can cover. Faggins at Nickel just makes a lot of sense. Now, if we have a FS in Harrison then we will be set for DBs!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read