Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-01-2007   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Cam discusses their first pick

youtube.com

Man, they ain't happy in Fla. That presser just seemed rough all the way around. Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
youtube.com

Man, they ain't happy in Fla. That presser just seemed rough all the way around. Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.
Nope, I refuse to believe that our FO would be so dumb to pick Ginn at 10. I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Nope, I refuse to believe that our FO would be so dumb to pick Ginn at 10. I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.
nothing dumb about taking the most electrifying player in the draft with the #10 pick. . and it's obvious they were going to take him. just look at the rest of the texans draft, he'd fit right in with those guys: somewhat raw, good athletes, versatile, but most importantly, REALLY GOOD ATHLETES. Jacoby Jones is essentially just a poor man's Ted Ginn, and i'm 100% certain he was just a backup plan in case they couldn't get Ginn. face it: Okoye was behind Ginn on their board, as he was on a lot of teams' boards. hell, Miami had him as the 5th best player in this draft. and there's a reason for that: he's an ultimate playmaker.

fans in south florida have--for the most part--calmed down a bit. a lot of them have finally looked at ginn and looked at beck and they're starting to like what they see.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
youtube.com

Can you imgaine this place if that had happened? I don't think any of us can predict who the Texans will pick with any accuracy (usually). It may have been the plan - they certainly had some unpredictable picks in the past.

Remember the consternation when they picked "DeMeco who" over Eric Winston?
Old 05-01-2007   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.
I don't think that trade ever existed. Denver had targeted Okoye, not Willis. Just a fig newton of Neil Stratton's imaginabisco.

I heard on draft day that the Jets were trying to move up to #10. Probably with the same deal the Panthers took at #14, move to #25 and pickup a late 2nd. But, the Texans would rather have Okoye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
fans in south florida have--for the most part--calmed down a bit. a lot of them have finally looked at ginn and looked at beck and they're starting to like what they see.
Like they have a choice. There are no draft day do-overs. BTW, what did Oakland do with the 1st pick?
Old 05-02-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Like they have a choice. There are no draft day do-overs. BTW, what did Oakland do with the 1st pick?
they never got over the Jamar Fletcher pick in '01, and all the other bad first rounders. the fact that they got over Quinn this easily says a lot.

and Oakland took Russell. just as i predicted.
Old 05-02-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nothing dumb about taking the most electrifying player in the draft with the #10 pick. ...

...hell, Miami had him as the 5th best player in this draft. and there's a reason for that: he's an ultimate playmaker.
I guess you got him cheap... Washington had to use a #4 for Desmond Howard...

I know, I know... he won a Superbowl MVP... unfortunately, it wasn't with the team that drafted him...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-02-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

desmond howard is no ted ginn.
Old 05-02-2007   #9
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

You're right. Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl ring.
Old 05-02-2007   #10
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
desmond howard is no ted ginn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
You're right. Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl ring.
...and a Heisman....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess football has changed over the last few years PR/KR are now top 10 picks? Geesh and I thought they could be had latter in the draft like 3rd and 4th. Opps

Old 05-02-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.
I could have sworn that I heard NFL Network say that during the draft. IIRC, Schefter said that we took Okoye because Ginn was gone.

I had grill duty so I can't be 100% sure.........
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yup it's exactly what Schefter said.

you guys keep underrated Ginn's abilities. that's fine. guess you'll have to find out October 7th.
Old 05-02-2007   #14
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

you guys keep underrated Ginn's abilities. that's fine. guess you'll have to find out October 7th.
I'm not underestimating anything. I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't know anything about Ginn. I didn't want him but that doesn't mean he's not good.

HE WASN'T ON MY BIG BOARD!
Old 05-02-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you think he will be healthy by then? I mean he is still not healthy from his sprained ankle from the bowl game.
Old 05-02-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yup.
Old 05-02-2007   #17
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He'll get lots of oppurtunity to shine, on the kickoff return team!
Old 05-02-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'd have been thrilled with Ginn at 10.
Old 05-02-2007   #19
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I would've been ok with the Ginn pick at 10.

I'm more curious as to who starts training camp at QB Kast. It Dante on track to make his return then because i don't think they'll throw Beck into the fire right away. Also Adding Green to the mix makes me curious as well. Could Miami have really ended up giving up the second for nothing?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i imagine it'll be a battle between Green/Lemon/Beck. green will probably win it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read