Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-01-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some top 2008 prospects

yeah, why not? no particular order.

look at this as more as "top guys to look for." some of these players aren't top prospects now, but if they keep it up, they will be.

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas - I said the same thing about Peterson, but McFadden is the best back to come out in a looong time. No joke. Better than Peterson.

Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky - Has the size and mobility to be the next big thing. Athlete with the mind of a passer. Put up big numbers in the SEC last year as a junior, needs to improve on it this year with all the world watching him.

Calais Campbell, DE, Miami (FL) - Could be the next big DE to come down the pipe. And I stress "big." 6'8 285. Needs to refine some things, but certainly looks to be an easy top 10 choice.

Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) - While on the subject of Miami, let's move to the secondary and look at Kenny Phillips. He's got the talent. Could be better than Ed Reed and certainly looks to be better than Sean Taylor. I'd like to see him work on more than just instints though. Looks foolish at times

Jared Gaither, T, Maryland - Platooned at RT right now, but certainly has the skillset to make the move to LT and dominate.

Jake Long, T, Michigan - Some are calling him a once in a lifetime kinda guy. Uh, I don't see it. A big beast who lunges and has bad hips and gets easily outmanned in the passrushing game? Yeah, nothing thrilling to me. Just a prototypical RT. But if he can correct some of his flaws, look out.

Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii - He's in a pass-happy system, but his accuracy and TD/INT ratio is faaarrr better than any other QB in a similiar system has ever put up. Looks like he's not just "another system QB." He'll need to duplicate his success of his junior season to get drafted high, though. And that won't be very easy.

eh i don't feel like typing more.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Kenny Phillips...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

You honestly think Woodson is a good NFL prospect at QB?...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I know you couldn't put everybody, but how can leave off the QB Brohm from Louisville.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Woodson looked great last year. best QB in the SEC right now. he'll need a bit more developing, but yeah i can see him being a top 3 prospect next year, why not? he has all the physical tools. hey, don't argue with me, i had jamarcus russell going top 10 before anyone else.

and i left off brohm because that was way too obvious.
Old 05-01-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

kastofsna, What do you think of Michael Oher T from Ole Miss? He's young and may come out in '09 but I'd love to know what some good minds think of him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Brian Brohm? And maybe Limas Sweed.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
kastofsna, What do you think of Michael Oher T from Ole Miss? He's young and may come out in '09 but I'd love to know what some good minds think of him.
yeah everyone seems to love the kid. havent paid much attention to him myself save for a few highlights here and there. he'll have to really standout being at Ole Miss, that's for sure (no offense )
Old 05-01-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah everyone seems to love the kid. havent paid much attention to him myself save for a few highlights here and there. he'll have to really standout being at Ole Miss, that's for sure (no offense )
haha none taken at all.

There is a wonderful book about him called "The blindside: Evolution of a Game" by Michael Lewis if anybody enjoys sports reading. the vast majority is about oher and his story, from coming off the streets, being poor into a wealthy white christian family: and them basically helping him and being his family...its a really touching story.

Something that's really going to be talked about come draft day, so any of yall interested might get a head start.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

If Slaton wasn't at West Virginia i think we'd be getting the Reggie Bush hype. But i think the kid will be a gamer myself.

I expect Limas Sweed's stock to rise as the year progresses.

Mario Manningham will proably go top 15 next year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

My early Faves are:

Antoine Cason, CB , Arizona

Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I definately like Slaton and McFadden. Slaton needs to bulk up a little bit though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone wanna take a shot at an early mock draft, lol.... i might try later tonight... ill see what i can do
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
anyone wanna take a shot at an early mock draft, lol.... i might try later tonight... ill see what i can do
No way because there is always guys whoes stock rise and players who comeout and don't comeout that is a surprise.
Old 05-02-2007   #15
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sam Baker OT

Jamaal Charles RB

Zach Bowman CB
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
and i left off brohm because that was way too obvious.
OK I see that, but in that case I would have left off McFadden as well (he is pretty obvious also).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some top 2008 prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Sam Baker OT

Jamaal Charles RB

Zach Bowman CB
I wouldn't even look at the last 2 with our pick, regardless if we win the superbowl or not. Sam Baker is an interesting talent, but I still woulnd't draft him early.
Old 07-29-2007   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
My early Faves are:

Antoine Cason, CB , Arizona

Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
Good list. Cason has a lot of hype riding into this year, but another CB to watch is Talib from Kansas.

This will be the year of the LB. I mean that in every way. OLB and ILB are both filled with talent. If we can't land a Phillips or a Talib or so, look to LB. Cushings, Rivers, Magula, Larinitus, Adi, the other LB from VT. That is only guys from 3 schools listed. THat is SCARY.
Old 07-30-2007   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
You know more about him than any of us. I haven't watched enough old Miss football to render an opinion. Very interesting story though. So many good RBs on the board, that should water the cost of them down. '08 draft should be a good year for Kubiak to wade in for one. Greenwood had a very good three games down the strech. I agree that a will or Sam LB would be nice. Greenwood is coming up soon for renewal IIRC. They don't make a push to resign him might be a clue as to what they are thinking.

Micheal Oher:

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/football/061123/f112306A.html
http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...ll_and_th.html

My knee jerk reaction is he simular to Dexter Mannly. Since we don't have a two, and we won't know about Spencer untill October, I'll be definatly watching to catch an old miss football game.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 07-30-2007 at 07:39 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #20
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
My knee jerk reaction is he similar to Dexter Manley.
Do you mean he doesn't know how to read or that he has a serious cocaine problem?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read