Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-01-2007   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Should Boycott ESPN

Take a look at NFL Live if you get a chance today. They ask "The Hair" who had the worst draft in the AFC South and he said it was a toss up between Tennessee and Houston. The whole time he was talking they showed at the bottom of the screen "Worst Draft: Houston Texans". Then showed nothing but Carr being sacked a million times. The funny thing is that the clips that they showed are Carr about to throw the ball and then either tucking it and being sacked or fumbling it while being sacked.

Back to the point... Haven't we had enough of this? I mean, come on. We were not the worst team in the league last year, they are kissing that teams ass right now. It seems like they do this to every Houston team. It is really starting to get old...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Until we have our first winning season, it's going to keep on the way it is.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Until we have our first winning season, it's going to keep on the way it is.
Yeah but aren't we always going to say that. After we start winning it will be the same. The national media never shows love to H-Town, especially ESPN.
Old 05-01-2007   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN has gone down hill over the last few years anyways. And since I don't watch that much of it I don't see this. All I know is that most of their football people either a) suck or b) flip-flop more then most politicans.

NFLN is much better anyways, and most newspapers a re even better for information. ESPN = spin!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Yeah but aren't we always going to say that. After we start winning it will be the same. The national media never shows love to H-Town, especially ESPN.
uh no. once you start winning, you'll get respect. that's how it works. you think they cared about the patriots before they started winning? or the colts? of course not. if you go to the playoffs, you'll get respect, end of story.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Winning = respect it is the coin of the NFL realm.
Old 05-01-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, you are right. It will always be that way... (Couple of examples)

1) Rockets Championships = no ESPN love
2) Oilers 7 or 8 consecutive play-off appearances = no ESPN love
3) Astros terrific turnaround season to make the play-offs = no ESPN love
4) Astros terrific turnaround season to make it to the play-offs and World Series = no ESPN love

I quit watching ESPN, unless there is a particular game that I want to watch. Chris Berman, needs new material.. Peter Gammons (the only one who has ever even hinted at kind words towards the Astros) is senile.. etc., etc...

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 05-01-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2007   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

How in the hell does this thread have anything to do with Tailgating???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

HELLO MODS?!?!?!?!?!!
Old 05-01-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN has always had an east coast bias, which is not surprising when you consider their HQ location.

The Texans won't look so foolish in the next couple of years as our defensive line, and unit in general, start to gel and form a cohesive squad. Obviously there is a bit of optimistic hope from this Texans fan, but I still look at what we are putting together as a football fan and see potential for great things to come.

And at that time, ESPN will act like they knew we were going to be a great team all along. Until then, they will do what bullies do and kick people when they are down.
Old 05-01-2007   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
How in the hell does this thread have anything to do with Tailgating???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

HELLO MODS?!?!?!?!?!!
Can I ask another question to a mod???

How is this not a topic for the main forum?
Old 05-01-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we were in "The National Football League" forum.... Awww crap, I'm lost again.... self imposed negative rep. my way for acting like a noobie...
Old 05-01-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I thought we were in "The National Football League" forum.... Awww crap, I'm lost again.... self imposed negative rep. my way for acting like a noobie...
You are, it had been moved.
Old 05-01-2007   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I need GPS badly! hahaha!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Can have my self imposed negative rep. points back??
Old 05-01-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can I ask another question to a mod???

How is this not a topic for the main forum?
Quote:
Texans Talk
Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.
This is more of a general NFL and national media topic, and not so much of a football specific one. Hookem and Vinny are welcomed to move it, though. I'm just following the rules they put in motion.
Old 05-01-2007   #16
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is more of a general NFL and national media topic, and not so much of a football specific one. Hookem and Vinny are welcomed to move it, though. I'm just following the rules they put in motion.
It is about the Texans right? I found a couple of threads that should be moved also. Help me, help you...
Old 05-01-2007   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I put primarily Texans oriented talk which has no football content in the Tailgating forum. Things which are more general to the NFL go in the NFL section. This thread could be in either but really isn't a football thread.
Old 05-02-2007   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I put primarily Texans oriented talk which has no football content in the Tailgating forum. Things which are more general to the NFL go in the NFL section. This thread could be in either but really isn't a football thread.
Oh well... I still hate ESPN!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read