Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2007   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is kicker a need for us?

I remember one mock had us taking a kicker in the 3rd.

I remember KB shanking a good number of kicks over the last 2 years, and failing to register a significant number of touchbacks.

And then I saw Mason Crosby from Colorado (the guy with the 60 yard leg) fall to us in the 6th round, and watched as we passed him up.

Whats the deal? Are we giving KB some more time due to his Indy game winning FG or what?
Old 05-01-2007   #2
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know Gtex...hopefully we will pick someone up around the June 1st cuts or sometime before training camp.....and may the best man win. As it stands right now, I would like to see Kris get cut due to his declining accuracy over the past couple of seasons. I'm too lazy to check it out, but I wonder how many games we've lost in the last few years, by 3 points or less, where we would have won had he made a field goal he missed at some point in the game. Does that make any sense? I'm not asking for specific game winning drive field goals, but games in which we could have won if one was made that was missed during the 4 quarters of play.
Old 05-01-2007   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, wasn't there an article or something about how Brown switched his kicking style a year or two ago, then switched back due to performance? I could be wrong, but he began kicking with more accuracy afterwards. I'd still hope for some sort of competition for him in camp.

Am I still allowed to post here?
Old 05-01-2007   #4
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that KB will be fine. I was just happy to see uss grab a Punter in the UDFA pool because Punter is a much larger issue IMO.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
IIRC, wasn't there an article or something about how Brown switched his kicking style a year or two ago, then switched back due to performance? I could be wrong, but he began kicking with more accuracy afterwards. I'd still hope for some sort of competition for him in camp.

Am I still allowed to post here?
I heard something like that.
I like Brown, but seems like he's just about average.
Yeah, I'd like to see come competition in camp, too!

whatcha mean by allowing to post?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I think that KB will be fine. I was just happy to see uss grab a Punter in the UDFA pool because Punter is a much larger issue IMO.
Yes, but it would never hurt when we improve any position we can.
Old 05-01-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
We did--Eric Wilbur from Florida.
Old 05-01-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
boo. hiss.
Old 05-01-2007   #9
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
boo. hiss.
Come on, PD. You know.

You know.

That's why your boo and hiss were all lower-case.

You know.

It's time.
Old 05-01-2007   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt mind bringing in some folks to challenge Kris. Guys like Olindo Mare and such, who were once top notch and maybe needed a change of scenary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I heard something like that.
I like Brown, but seems like he's just about average.
Yeah, I'd like to see come competition in camp, too!

whatcha mean by allowing to post?
I used to frequent the old board and was unaware of this one taking it's place. I guess since it allowed me to post, nothing's really changed much. This board is by far the better of all the boards.
Old 05-01-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
Come on, PD. You know.

You know.

That's why your boo and hiss were all lower-case.

You know.

It's time.

i just....

it's so hard to let go...
Old 05-01-2007   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I used to frequent the old board and was unaware of this one taking it's place. I guess since it allowed me to post, nothing's really changed much. This board is by far the better of all the boards.
keep on trucking then!
Old 05-01-2007   #14
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I know that is what I said.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Kris Brown's accuracy from 30-39, over the last three years, has bothered me a lot. It bothered me enough to look up a few stats.

FGs from 30-39 over the past three seasons

Kris Brown 18/27 .666 (60/76 career, which is .789)
David Akers 16/20 .800
Rob Bironas 13/14 .929 (only 2 years)
Matt Bryant 15/16 .938 (no attempts in 2004)
Phil Dawson 24/29 .828
Jason Elam 22/23 .957 (115/125 for career at that range)
Jay Feely 30/34 .882

I got tired of going through kickers alphabetically at that point, but I'm pretty sure my point is made.
Old 05-01-2007   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Kris Brown's accuracy from 30-39, over the last three years, has bothered me a lot. It bothered me enough to look up a few stats.

FGs from 30-39 over the past three seasons

Kris Brown 18/27 .666 (60/76 career, which is .789)
David Akers 16/20 .800
Rob Bironas 13/14 .929 (only 2 years)
Matt Bryant 15/16 .938 (no attempts in 2004)
Phil Dawson 24/29 .828
Jason Elam 22/23 .957 (115/125 for career at that range)
Jay Feely 30/34 .882

I got tired of going through kickers alphabetically at that point, but I'm pretty sure my point is made.
Indeed! Let the kicking competition begin.
Old 05-01-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

can we haire this guy to do the job, he seems pretty accurate.
Old 05-01-2007   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

KB was good for shanking FGs to get the first pick in the later parts of 2005, but he is alright.

I'd rather have him than Cortez or Vandershank.

What's Paul Edinger up to these days?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

So was no one els eshocked to watch Crosby go by us in the 6th?
Old 05-01-2007   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
So was no one els eshocked to watch Crosby go by us in the 6th?
Was Crosby even the first kicker taken?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read