Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-30-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default funny draft awards

Quote:
The Charlie Casserly "Bonehead Pick" Award

To the alleged braintrust within the Miami Dolphins organization that said, "Hey, wouldn't it be fantastic if we took Ted Ginn Jr. with the ninth overall pick?!?" Whoever this guy is, thank you for the ammunition, it's been tremendous. Apparently, pint-sized receivers and punt returners are now as valuable as foreign oil? Otherwise, this pick makes no sense, not even to Ginn Jr., who probably hung up his phone thinking it was a telemarketer. Indeed, nobody has any idea what the Dolphins were thinking, especially the Miami faithful, who subsequently booed new coach Cam Cameron when news of the selection broke. Speaking of which...
The DMX "Ya'll Gonna Make Me Lose My Mind" Award

To analyst Mel Kiper Jr., whose head almost exploded in the wake of Miami's selection of Ginn, Jr. So flabbergasted and infuriated was Kiper Jr. that he retracted into his shell and remained eerily quiet for nearly two hours following the pick -- his hair turned into a giant armadillo protecting his head from further insanity. Had Todd McShay been within a two-mile radius of Radio City Music Hall, its possible that Kiper Jr. would've vented his emotions in the form of fisticuffs with his intra-network nemesis.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rds/index.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I love this because it is so freakin true.

Quote:
The Mark May "Chip On His Shoulder" Award
To the opinionated ESPN college football analyst coincidentally named Mark May, who hates everyone from Notre Dame, anyone from Penn State, small children, public displays of affection, people that smile, you and probably your mother. It never ceases to amaze me how May takes issue with nearly every human walking the planet, and though I've never met him, he seems like the kind of guy who'd be quick to find character flaws in Mahatma Gandhi. Seriously, man, lighten up.
I hate mark may with a passion because he is so biassed.
Old 04-30-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I had Ginn at #9. <<that is a doot. I would never do what a doot does, but for some reason it captures the emotion I want to portray.
Old 05-01-2007   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

'...not even to Ginn Jr., who probably hung up his phone thinking it was a telemarketer'

hehe, that's funny!
Old 05-02-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, why would Ginn think miami would draft him? he was only worked out by us FIVE TIMES this offseason. he probably knew it all along.

funny that he mentions Kiper blowing up about the pick. of course later on, Kiper raved on and on about Ginn's abilities, but people don't care. yawn. it's "omg how can u pass on reggie bush" all over again. MARIO WILLIAMS IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN REGGIE BUSH. TED GINN IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN BRADY QUINN.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read