Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones article

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/...042507aap.html

Quote:
Jacoby Jones is used to going up against defensive backs from the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. And making the jump from tiny Division II Lane College to the NFL will certainly not be as easy as it may be for a wide receiver coming from a large school in a powerhouse conference.

But according to Jones, you won't see his best game until he faces Champ Bailey or Ronde Barber one Sunday in the near future.

While Jones did not actually single out those two pro-bowlers before he is even officially an NFL receiver--something the WR he models his game after, Chad Johnson, would do--he is certain that his most productive games will come only when he faces the world's best.

"I step up to competition," Jones said. "When the competition steps up, I rise. I walked into the East-West game, and the competition got harder, so I stepped up. I changed my routes up, I changed my whole demeanor."

Quote:
NFLdraftscout.com has Jones slated to be the 80th player off the board, heading to Tennessee to team with Vince Young. The move would not surprise Jones, who, without any mention of that particular mock draft, indicated that the Titans were one of the teams he believed had the strongest interest in him.

"You get a gut feeling," said the 6-foot-4, 210-pound New Orleans native. "And my gut feeling really tells me the Texans or the Titans."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #2
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Listening to him talk on the radio this afternoon, he definitely has confidence in his own ability to succeed in the NFL. His COCKINESS rating is off the charts!
Hope he lives up to it!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan View Post
Listening to him talk on the radio this afternoon, he definitely has confidence in his own ability to succeed in the NFL. His COCKINESS rating is off the charts!
Hope he lives up to it!
I missed it. Did he sound "Cocky" or "Confident"?
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

thats jacoby, he knows hes good...
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind having a Chad Johnson. Bring some funny acts to the game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #6
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
He did. ... maybe some of it was pure excitement and all, but he sounded very sure of himself. Better than a doubter I guess.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #7
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

610 as the audio clip of Jones on their website under the podcast section.

http://www.sportsradio610.com/
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Confident is a giant understatement, as it was definitely in the cocky to mouthy range. Its fine with me if he can back it up. We'll see ?
I dunno why, but I got a good feeling about this kid. Maybe because I think offensive skill-positions oughta be an area where Smith & Kubiak can identify future playmakers ?
But this is defintely a roll of the dice, under the best expectations. I saw a tape of one of his college games, and there was no one on the sidelines. There was no stands. It looked like a HS scrimmage. This kid has seen no kind of competition ever until a very quick stretch at the E-W all-star game.
Like I said, we'll see ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #9
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I just messaged Jacoby last night. I welcomed him to the Texans and asked him what he is gonna do playin the opposite side of Andre.

His response this afternoon, "Win baby."

hehe. I like this guys attitude.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Confident is a giant understatement, as it was definitely in the cocky to mouthy range. Its fine with me if he can back it up. We'll see ?
I dunno why, but I got a good feeling about this kid. Maybe because I think offensive skill-positions oughta be an area where Smith & Kubiak can identify future playmakers ?
But this is defintely a roll of the dice, under the best expectations. I saw a tape of one of his college games, and there was no one on the sidelines. There was no stands. It looked like a HS scrimmage. This kid has seen no kind of competition ever until a very quick stretch at the E-W all-star game.
Like I said, we'll see ?
I don't mind a player who's cocky . If his teamates except him then he's not obnoxious .

I'm tired of choir boys ... you see that with the Astros somewhat . I welcome some extroverted behavior ... kinda like Dunta .

I'll take a guy with energy ... a guy that I have to tone down any day of the week over one you have to motivate .
Old 05-01-2007   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Could Jones be a Chad Johnson for us (cocky attitude and all)?
Old 05-01-2007   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Could Jones be a Chad Johnson for us (cocky attitude and all)?
Chad Johnson's a good person off the field too, so I hope that he can turn into him completely. He's a character without too much baggage. Also, I know people will want to rag me to death for saying the above, but I heard a story where a kid gave him $1 so Chad reached into his wallet and gave the kid a $100 and told him merry christmas.
Old 05-01-2007   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Chad Johnson's a great person off the field too, so I hope that he can turn into him completely. He's a character without too much baggage.
That's a good thing about him. He is a funny/good character. I love his props and things. I wouldn't mind Jones bringing some fun to Texan fans.
Old 05-01-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trusting our FO right now. We've only got one draft to go on, but they have a good eye for talent and we still have all of our 2006 picks on the roster.

I like this kid. He's got a chip on his shoulder to prove himself, and our special teams could use the energy boost, especially on punt returns. I hope he backs up his attitude on the field, because it could pay big dividends for us.
Old 05-01-2007   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I love this pick. I love his confidence in his ability, hopefully he'll live up to it. I like what he could bring to the table for us.

Anyone know where any highlight videos or something of him are? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. (Rep to whoever can help me )

What do you think are the chances he wears #84 next year (I've got a Moulds jersey - it would be nice if I could just put a Jones patch over it )
Old 05-01-2007   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
I love this pick. I love his confidence in his ability, hopefully he'll live up to it. I like what he could bring to the table for us.

Anyone know where any highlight videos or something of him are? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. (Rep to whoever can help me )

What do you think are the chances he wears #84 next year (I've got a Moulds jersey - it would be nice if I could just put a Jones patch over it )
i think he'll stick with 12

cause he wore #2 at lane
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #17
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

I really hope JJ pans out. I have faith in Amobi and Fred Bennett being good, but I think Jacoby will be the difference between a 'C' draft, and an A- draft. I think our O-linemen could be great after some NFL Europe time, the only decision I hate is Harrison....hopefully I'm proved wrong there.

Here's to hoping AJ, and JJ become a powerhouse tandem
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Jones and Bennett can start this season, it will be a very successfull draft imo. I was really focusing on CB rather than DT, but I am ok with the Big Amoeba. Just hope the FO was not trying to make the Mario decision look better.
Old 05-02-2007   #19
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt this has been addressed publicly, but has anyone heard Kubiak or Smith say how the Jacoby signing will impact Mathis' role? Have they given up on Mathis as a receiver and expect him to not make the roster, or do they plan on putting both Jacoby and Mathis deep on kickoffs and seeing who can step up as the bigger receiving threat? Just curious. I think with both Jacoby and Mathis back for kickoffs, the opposing team would have no choice but to pooch kick everytime, assuming Jacoby is as good at returns as advertised. Not sure we would carry both on the roster though.

TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i think he'll stick with 12

cause he wore #2 at lane
I hope he goes with a number in the 80's. Being old school and I have noticed that a lot of the guys who were the numbers in the teens have attitude issues.

I know I shold not put stock it like this but oh well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read