Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which network had better draft coverage?
ESPN 8 42.11%
NFL Network 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Better draft coverage...NFLN or ESPN?

I spent most of the weekend watching NFLN because I watch ESPN every other year. I was housesitting at my in-laws' this weekend and had a choice. I would often switch during commercials.

I was really turned off by the runway show that they showed all weekend last year. I watch it this year on NFLN and they keep showing Def Poetry Jam poets waxing poetic about getting drafted. Not too sure which was worse.

In all, it seems like NFLN's coverage was a drier than ESPN's. ESPN also had HD coverage. They also had Keyshawn Johnson, who I always find entertaining. He didn't disappoint this time either. Looked like he was jawing a lot with the ESPN blowhards, Kiper and Mortensen.

If I had to choose, I guess I would go with ESPN, although the personalities probably would have gotten on my nerves if I would have watched all day.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #2
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted NFLN but that was because I watched the draft mostly on that network. I did catch a little on ESPN, though. The part I did like about watching it on NFLN was Deion's quick interview with Brady on him losing money due to his slip in the draft. Brady's response was perfect and I think he kind of made Deion feel a little small by not putting money first as Deion had.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Deion really turned me off with his pressing of Brady in the Green Room. But to his credit, Brady answered all of Deions questions like a pro.

I watched both stations and switched when one would do something stupid like talk too much between themselves.

I believe the only other pick besides Amobi that was discussed, as more than just an announcement, was Brandon Frye. Usually when the Texans pick was made, they were still going ga ga over this trade of Moss to NE.
Old 04-30-2007   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like the production of the NFLN draft coverage. the way the ticker would recap the picks, and keep you up to date.... and a lot of the extra coverage they had, talking to players & coaches & GMs, & what not.

But I liked the personalities ESPN had on.. Boomer, Mayock, Keyshawn, the Monday Night guys... etc..

I voted for NFLN, because that's the one that I watched most of the weekend.
Old 04-30-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 19226 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN, only because it's what I'm used to. I listen to the radio, 1310am here is the DFW. Yes it goes Cowboy heavy every once and a while, but between teh host, Hitzgus, and the numerous Gosselin pop-ons it's much more informative then either ESPN or the NFLN.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

except for when the texans were picking, nfl network had better coverage. every time the texans were up, it was the least interesting thing for them (2 commercial sets before the 10 spot, nothing at all about the 4th round trade, etc). schefter was always the first to know what was happening and outside of deon and mayock, the commentators are tolerable.
Old 04-30-2007   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Mayok>Kiper
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2007   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i liked espn. cause they have the camera's at more of the players homes. makes it more interesting
hot pickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought both networks targeted the Texans' picks for commercials and other b.s.

I voted NFLN because Adam Schefter would break the picks a minute or two before the announcent, while ESPN would let the commish do the duties.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ryan Kalil scetch with Will Ferrell alone pushes the NFL Network's coverage above ESPN's. Then add to the fact that the NFL Network was superior in everything but hair.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN's was far better. they corrected the problems they had from the last couple of years (Berman giving away the picks, no ticker during commercials, etc). NFL Network was good to catch when ESPN was at commercial, but that's about it.

kiper > mayock.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted ESPN but that's because I don't get NFL Network. That said, I may have watched a total of 1 hour of draft coverage and I even I thought that was excessive. Unless you are a complete loser or like to gamble, if you watch more than 2 hours of the draft, you probably have a problem...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I voted ESPN but that's because I don't get NFL Network. That said, I may have watched a total of 1 hour of draft coverage and I even I thought that was excessive. Unless you are a complete loser or like to gamble, if you watch more than 2 hours of the draft, you probably have a problem...
thanks for that take

kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i watched espn, and i was bored out of my mind... i hate the offseason.
Old 05-01-2007   #15
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12640 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

What was most annoying was when ESPN was going through the top picks and would mention something about why the team would need such and such player, they would stop right at Miami.

I thought they were going to go through the top ten. They only did analysis for the top 9 picks.

Oh well.

santo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
i watched espn, and i was bored out of my mind... i hate the offseason.
I do too. I enjoy baseball and basketball, but something is still missing when no football is on. AFL and NFL Europe don't count.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read