Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2007   #1
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default FA Non-Drafted Signees

I thought I would start this thread in advance for the players that are signed after the draft.

Here is hoping Battle and Rhema McKnight are players the Texans sign.

Was going to add Nedu Ndukwe but damn it Cinci took him.
Old 04-29-2007   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping the Texans sign Jared Zabransky, QB - Boise State.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if this administration will keep with policy of not announcing those until the ink is totally dry on the contract. In the past, they have been very slow, like a week about UDFA acquisitions.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

My list would be (out of the small schoolers):
RB D.D. Terry of Sam Houston State
QB Justin Rascati out of James Madison
QB Cullen Finnerty of Grand Valley State
DT Walter Thomas
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #5
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one area I think Rick Smith will shine.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Texans try to sign Jared Zabransky to the training camp roster and see if they like him enough to keep him as a #3 QB.

We didn't draft a RB so I expect we'll sign one if we can, Darius Walker, Courtney Lewis, and even Selvin Young and Ramonce Taylor could be options there.

I expect we'll bring in another WR or two, Rhema McKnight would be a nice signing, maybe Brandon Myles.

I don't know that they'd sign any OLinemen, but adding more depth for training camp couldn't hurt, and with a couple guys like Dan Mozes, Doug Datish, Tim Duckworth, Tala Esera, and Julius Wilson available I wouldn't be surprised to see us grab one or more of them.

Jay Moore from Nebraska went undrafted and would be a pretty solid signing, not sure how much I like any other DEs available but we could definitely use more competition there for training camp. There are also a few DTs available that would be nice like Jeremy Clark and Quintin Echols.

I expect we'll add a LB or two before camp, I like Rory Johnson, Earl Everett, or Tony Taylor, I'm a little surprised none of them got drafted. Juwan Simpson is also available, and some people considered him a possible late 1st day pick.

We could see more depth at DB as well. Kenny Scott and Reggie Lewis are both solid CBs and Brandon Mitchell, Craig Dahl, and Zach Catanese are pretty solid S prospects.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Jackie Battle RB, Houston--His pro day was off the charts for a random guy and I'm surprised someone didn't spend a late pick on him.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-29-2007 at 06:35 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2007   #8
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

WR David Ball, New Hampshire
WR Jarrett Hicks, Texas Tech
QB Jared Zabransky, Boise State
QB Jeff Smith, Georgetown College (KY)
RB Jackie Battle, U. of Houston
RB Germaine Race, Pittsburg State
RB Selvin Young, Texas
DT Walter Thomas, last played for NW Mississippi Community College
CB Anthony Airline, Baylor
CB Travarous Bain, Hampton
SS Craig Dahl, North Dakota State (if he bulks up he could play OLB)...he is a true football player

that's all I can think of for right now.
Old 04-29-2007   #9
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I just thought of something. If the Texans bring in DT Walter Thomas, and he turns out to be as good as some people think he can be, we will have one hell of a defensive front line. At 6'-4" and 374 lbs, 4.9 sec forty, and being able to do a handstand, front flip, and back flip, Thomas could be the ultimate sleeper for us.
Old 04-29-2007   #10
joshri
Rookie

When does the signing or rookie FA's start?
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #11
kman65
Rookie

But hasn't Walter Thomas gotten in to trouble off the field? With the new conduct rules in the NFL would the Texans take a chance on him?
kman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman65 View Post
But hasn't Walter Thomas gotten in to trouble off the field? With the new conduct rules in the NFL would the Texans take a chance on him?
Yes and no. I believe he was accused of conspiring to a robbery, but nothing official happened. I am not sure though. Does'nt someone on the board know this guy? For some reason, I thought someone did.

vtech: I like the idea of Dahl playing OLB. He is tough as nails, played last season with a couple broken bones.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshri View Post
As soon as Mr. irrelevant was announced.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe Jackie Battle was not drafted.
The Cowgirls have signed him as a FA. DAMN!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshri View Post
I thought it was immediatly after the draft ended. Most teams are calling up players while the last picks are annouced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #16
kman65
Rookie

Jackie Battle would have been a good UDFA for us. He was very impressive at his "pro day". He would have been a good pick up for anyone other than the teams in our division or Jerry's kids. Especially Jerry's kids.
kman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #17
joshri
Rookie

I guess my question is where can you see when these guys sign?
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Vincent Marshall?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
How about Vincent Marshall?
Very fast, great break away speed but ultimately too small for an NFL receiver. Could make it in the league as a return man.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I can't believe Jackie Battle was not drafted.
The Cowgirls have signed him as a FA. DAMN!
Well there goes my one guy above..I guess that isn't bad..sorry with my dual teams again. At least my time is here

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read