Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-28-2007   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin Kolb #36 Pick

Way to go Kevin!!!

I will now have to cheer for the Eagles.

KK is the smartest QB in this year's draft.

Congratualtions KK!!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Way to go Kevin!!!

I will now have to cheer for the Eagles.

KK is the smartest QB in this year's draft.

Congratualtions KK!!!
Yep Congratz to Kevin.
Old 04-28-2007   #3
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be nice to be able to root for him to beat the Cowboys twice a year.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #4
The Critic
Serenity NOW!

Quote:
Way to go Kevin!!!

I will now have to cheer for the Eagles...
Don't fall into that trap. Cheer for Kolb but keep your allegiance to one team or you'll diminish all that is sacred when you're faced with a Texans/Eagles clash. No matter how kissable, that's still your sister.

How she ended up playing QB is beside the point.

The point is that you can be a Texans fan and root for a player on another team while at the same time maintaining ambivalence towards that team. I'm from Southern California and if I cheered for every team with a USC or UCLA alum in their roster I'd no longer have a stake in the outcome - wouldn't have a favorite team - and it would create a large sucking sound similar to the one that passed through the greater Houston area when the Texans decided Travis was the better Johnson.

Case In Point: Vince Young. Like Kevin Kolb, many of us respect and admire Vince Young and wish he were a Texan, but he's not. We enjoy watching him play and wish him well, but we don't mind if the rest of his team acquires trenchmouth or shingles, and the Titans lose 13 games this season.

Looking even deeper, it would seem that any immediate success for Kolb in Philadelphia would require hardship on the part of the Eagles and their erstwhile leader, Donovan McNabb.

Screw the Eagles. Root for Kolb. Go Texans!
The Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I find it funny how Eagle fans are freaking out. I'll also find it funny when they jump on his bandwagon in the future when he takes over and is a good QB.
Old 04-28-2007   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
I find it funny how Eagle fans are freaking out. I'll also find it funny when they jump on his bandwagon in the future when he takes over and is a good QB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Critic View Post
Don't fall into that trap. Cheer for Kolb but keep your allegiance to one team or you'll diminish all that is sacred

Trust me Man. I'm a Texans Fan.

We are among the "Them"
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2007   #8
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin is the future, not the present!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #9
gwallaia

I've seen Kevin play every home game for the past 4 years. The Eagles have got a great player.

Thank God the Cowgirls did not draft him.

We are among the "Them"
Old 04-28-2007   #10
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
Kevin is the future, not the present!
Well with the injuries to McNabb, you cannot say he is the present either.
Old 04-28-2007   #11
The Critic
Serenity NOW!

Quote:
Trust me Man. I'm a Texans Fan.
I know you are. I remember you from way back. I know your username is first-initial-last-name-American Institute of Architects. I don't question your loyalty one bit. Like myself, you were here when the Texans came into being; you're still here and aint going nowhere.

I was just free-associating after finding out that one of the players I really like (Paul Williams) had become a Flaming Thumbtack. After we passed on him to boot. I'm forced to look within myself at times such as these and it comforts me when I find that I'm not alone, that someone else feels the same displacement, and then exploit their feelings so that I feel better about my own misgivings.

Thanks for being there, bro.

The Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've seen Kevin play every home game for the past 4 years. The Eagles have got a great player.

Thank God the Cowgirls did not draft him.
I was thinking the same thing Greg. I hate seeing my favorite players go to the enemy. I hope he has a long, productive career with the Eagles.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007   #13
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

John McClain has been saying that the Eagles would use one of their second round picks on Kolb.

I saw Andy Reid say "The last time the fans booed our pick at QB he turned out to be a pretty good player.."
Old 04-29-2007   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Don't fall into that trap. Cheer for Kolb but keep your allegiance to one team or you'll diminish all that is sacred when you're faced with a Texans/Eagles clash.

Unless we both make it to the Super Bowl, we won't have to worry about that until 2010 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #15
Noblesse Oblige
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Noblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNoblesse Oblige is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Don't fall into that trap. Cheer for Kolb but keep your allegiance to one team or you'll diminish all that is sacred when you're faced with a Texans/Eagles clash. No matter how kissable, that's still your sister.

How she ended up playing QB is beside the point.

The point is that you can be a Texans fan and root for a player on another team while at the same time maintaining ambivalence towards that team. I'm from Southern California and if I cheered for every team with a USC or UCLA alum in their roster I'd no longer have a stake in the outcome - wouldn't have a favorite team - and it would create a large sucking sound similar to the one that passed through the greater Houston area when the Texans decided Travis was the better Johnson.

Case In Point: Vince Young. Like Kevin Kolb, many of us respect and admire Vince Young and wish he were a Texan, but he's not. We enjoy watching him play and wish him well, but we don't mind if the rest of his team acquires trenchmouth or shingles, and the Titans lose 13 games this season.

Looking even deeper, it would seem that any immediate success for Kolb in Philadelphia would require hardship on the part of the Eagles and their erstwhile leader, Donovan McNabb.

I think you're "allowed" to have one NFC team and one AFC team. You have to have a primary allegiance in case they clash but otherwise you can pull for both of them.
Noblesse Oblige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #16
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Well with the injuries to McNabb, you cannot say he is the present either.

Yes I can, I doubt this kid will even dress for any games this year! Please don't confuse him with VY! Who did this kid play against? Please this was a wasted pick.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRYJ View Post
Yes I can, I doubt this kid will even dress for any games this year! Please don't confuse him with VY! Who did this kid play against? Please this was a wasted pick.
You do not think he will even dress for any games, a seconder being deactive all season long? Ummm OK.
Old 04-30-2007   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of made me Scratch my head too with this pick. McNabb is only thirty and last year's injury was a bit of a freak deal.He's alos signed to quitea long term deal. They also just signed Feely to a 4 year deal i believe or something to that nature. Third string i believe is Timmy Chang still.

Eagles are my NFC team and i've watched them for years. Kind of took me on the year McNabb was drafted but i said too when isaw it...they won't be booing soon. Reid's a smart guy and i'm wondering if they are either seriously grooming him for afew years down the road cause i seriously don't think even barring injury he'll start next year. Might be more of a trade bait situation.

I think Dallas' D will be solid next year but ya gotta wonder if Romo will bounce back and there's always Owens being a ticking bomb.I wouldn't worry about it Harry...I like how the Eagles look on paper next year Especially if McNabb comes back and starts well as he did last year. Also think Curtis will be more steady then Stallworth. Should win the division.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

As a certified (and lifelong) Cowboys hater, I have no problem rooting for the Eagles when they don't play my Texans. Matter-of-fact, I'll root for the Giants and Redskins, too!

ABC, baby!! (Anyone But Cowboys!!)
Old 04-30-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Sorry I don't share the same hate for the Cowboys as some of you. I'm hoping to see a Texas Superbowl at Reliant in my lifetime. It's a dream, I know... but a man has to have something to live for.

I haven't seen much of Kolb, but from what I've seen, he is a gamer. And any team as pass happy as the Eagles should love Kevin Kolb.

He's not McNabb, but McNabb isn't the end all be all of the QB position. Other QBs win SuperBowls, go to the ProBowl, win MVPs & what not. I can think of six QBs I'd be just as happy with on my team as McNabb, and IMHO, Kolb can be just as good as anyone of them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read