Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you like the Texans draft pick of Okoye?
Yes 114 94.21%
No 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Poll: Do you like the Texans draft pick of Okoye?

I like the pick. I believe he will make an immediate impact on the DL.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

okooooyeeeeeeeeee!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the poll?

I'm OK with it. You can't help but root for a guy like him. I wanted Nelson, Revis, Hall (DBs), but this is OK with me. The pressure is coming.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i pray hes not gonna be a bust like you know who... but atleast this guys works in pract. unlike you know who... lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #5
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

GREAT PICK! A low center gravity DT who has a very quick burst & is powerful, when the ball is snap! SWEET! Now, I hope he doesn't go off speeding around with Mario around Houston......oh nevemind, Houstonians do this often, esp . on the freeways.
Old 04-28-2007   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i do and dont. it's not a bad pick, but i wont call it a great one. a trade down would've been the only deal i really would've cheered as there werent any top 10 prospects available at the 10 spot and from all reports several teams were attempting to trade with houston. we've drafted defensive line in FOUR consecutive years now (babin, travis johnson, mario williams, amobi okoye) and spent big money last year also on anthony weaver. before the draft and definitely now, we have to make the most of what we have on that line ... kubiak has to claim these guys and build them, if they fail it's because coaching failed.

that being said, okoye has winner written all over him. what hasnt this kid excelled above and beyond at? that kind of brains and athleticism is extremely rare and is definitely something kubiak covets more than anything else. there's little doubt that okoye will make an immediate impact. one thing i worry about was mentioned on the NFL network - what's this kid going to look like when his body matures? 20-50lbs happens to almost every football player at okoye's age and is why many college players change positions between highschool and the end of college. not the best possible scenario, but far from being a bad pick.
Old 04-28-2007   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Great pick. He is so young and will be a great player. I would have rather had Landry, but am not upset with this pick. Great job Texans organization.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2007   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i pray hes not gonna be a bust like you know who... but atleast this guys works in pract. unlike you know who... lol
I don't know who.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm...well I wish you had an option for "LOVE IT"

Okoye was one of my favorite picks, if not him willis or revis. Glad to see Willis go to SF and not Buf and glad to see Revis get taken as the 1st CB like i thought he was!

okoye and mario will dominate. i don't expect him to come in day 1 and dominate, but he will grow into it. him and mario ...wow this is going to be great.

does anyone know if Travis johnson is going to turn the corner or do you think we can trade him!!!!????
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i do and dont. it's not a bad pick, but i wont call it a great one. a trade down would've been the only deal i really would've cheered as there werent any top 10 prospects available at the 10 spot and from all reports several teams were attempting to trade with houston. we've drafted defensive line in FOUR consecutive years now (babin, travis johnson, mario williams, amobi okoye) and spent big money last year also on anthony weaver. before the draft and definitely now, we have to make the most of what we have on that line ... kubiak has to claim these guys and build them, if they fail it's because coaching failed.

that being said, okoye has winner written all over him. what hasnt this kid excelled above and beyond at? that kind of brains and athleticism is extremely rare and is definitely something kubiak covets more than anything else. there's little doubt that okoye will make an immediate impact. one thing i worry about was mentioned on the NFL network - what's this kid going to look like when his body matures? 20-50lbs happens to almost every football player at okoye's age and is why many college players change positions between highschool and the end of college. not the best possible scenario, but far from being a bad pick.
Don't forget that as he continues to gain weight, he's also going to be growing taller. He's 6'-2" and weighs around 290-300lbs. right now. He'll continue to grow into his body. Who know's, four years from now, he could be close to 6'-4" with an extra 20lbs. of muscle at 310-315! I believe that's why the Texans chose him as BPA. They could have traded back but they got what they were looking for.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Don't forget that as he continues to gain weight, he's also going to be growing taller. He's 6'-2" and weighs around 290-300lbs. right now. He'll continue to grow into his body. Who know's, four years from now, he could be close to 6'-4" with an extra 20lbs. of muscle at 310-315! I believe that's why the Texans chose him as BPA. They could have traded back but they got what they were looking for.
That would be amazing. He would be a beast!
Old 04-28-2007   #12
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOVE this pick! I would've traded down for anyone but Peterson or Okoye. I'm still pissed that Minnesota took Peterson. What worse place could he have gone (except for maybe Cleveland) that would've destroyed his career? He's going to tank there - that team sucks.

GO OKOYE!
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I don't know who.
Oh come on!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
very possible, but anything over an inch after 19 is probably a stretch. my only fear is that he ends up 6'3" and 355lbs (he's over 300 already). as you said ... who knows, we have some of the best facilities and training staff, he could grow a full 2" and hover at 305-315lbs his whole career here.
Old 04-28-2007   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh come on!
There's been a few guys that have been called busts around here.

If he's talking about Travis Johnson, I'd be inclined to agree. If he's talking about Mario Williams, then I wouldn't.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #16
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is an excellent pick. He is smart, works hard, and seems to excel in whatever he sets his mind to. I think he will fit in quite well. He should make a big impact and give Mario some breathing room. Our defense should be absolutely awesome.

Since defense wins championships - I'm ready for a championship season!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If he's talking about Travis Johnson, I'd be inclined to agree. If he's talking about Mario Williams, then I wouldn't.
Ditto
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
There's been a few guys that have been called busts around here.

I agree. The Travis Johnson pick is a bust. Mario Williams isn't. Mario played with an injured foot all season.
Old 04-28-2007   #19
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I it.

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #20
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know who.
travis johnson
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read