Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-16-2007   #161
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

Or maybe Schwab is so unproven it is ridiculous to expect anything.

2 starts?
161 career pass attempts?
84 career completions for a 52.2% completion percentage and 69.2 passer rating?

I'll admit that 1033 passing yards with 6 touchdowns, even paired with 6 interceptions is impressive on some level. I like his stat line against the Patriots during the 2005 season. Nearly 300 yards passing with a 112.1 passer rating. He was sacked 3 times in that loss. He hasn't started continually and when he has he hasn't won. He's showed some grit and put up some numbers, but this isn't nearly enough to categorize it as a seasoned vet who steps in and turns things around.
Old 06-16-2007   #162
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub came out and said the strength of the offense is the OL . I don't know if he believes it but he scored points . If anything he's smart . You know he read some of Carolina Carrs statements and is covering for his guys .

I think the OL got better the day Carr left . If anything ... like the fans ... they have a renewed since of hope . Schaub seems to have what Carr lacked and a big arm is'nt as important as a big mind .

What can the Titans fans say anyway ... they had a terrible offseason . Oh by the way you better hope Bud's not going back to his old self and going cheap . He may think that VY is all you need to sell tickets .
Old 06-16-2007   #163
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or maybe Schwab is so unproven it is ridiculous to expect anything.
Every great player took an unproven step . I think he's less of a risk than Brady Quinn would be . He's been in the NFL 3 years and has run the WCO for 6 years ... hmmmm ... he'll be up and running by training camp , full playbook and all .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 06-16-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #164
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What point? That Titans fan can't use Photoshop?

It's funny in a way that we get a new QB, and you expect the same old thing. It indicates that you either don't know as much about football as you think, or, you do not comprehend critical analysis of our previous QB (which means that you don't know as much about football as you think). I'm not sure which since I don't know you that well...yet.

Is that all you got? You use that on pittbull you use that on me. The fact is you have a slower less mobile QB behind an O-line that collapses on a regular basis. Shammy had a decent line in Atlanta that kept active. How is he going to handle pressure on every play? How is it going to be in those 3rd and long sets? There is not much game film on Shammy but there is plenty on the Texans O-line.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #165
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
There is not much game film on Shammy but there is plenty on the Texans O-line.
Yes there is plenty of film on the Texans O-Line, and unbiased eyes can see the repeated multiple simultaneous breakdowns in pass protection against the most basic pass rushes and equate that to mean the Offensive Line needs improvement. Biased eyes look at that and say the QB sucks.
Old 06-16-2007   #166
real

Quote:
Is that all you got? You use that on pittbull you use that on me. The fact is you have a slower less mobile QB behind an O-line that collapses on a regular basis. Shammy had a decent line in Atlanta that kept active. How is he going to handle pressure on every play? How is it going to be in those 3rd and long sets? There is not much game film on Shammy but there is plenty on the Texans O-line.
Ignorance is bliss.

LOL @ you for thinking speed and mobility is what causes less sacks.
You are the type of fan that feeds too much into the ESPN hype and doesn't have a clue about how an offense work. I really don't care what your response is to that, because after this ignorant post, I'm convinced. Not much game film on Schaub, but plenty on our O-line....Yeah sure...I really don't understand the point of saying that though, because it's not like you have studied any of it, and if you did, it's overly obvious that you wouldn't even know what to look for...So as of right now, you're going on here say and using it as your own argument...which is borderline plagiarism....and that's...well....sad

Someone told me you were a knowledgeable possum hollar dweller...I no longer believe that after reading this post. Good luck to you all in your season...seriously...I'm a VY fan.....But don't feel to bad about feeling the need to keep looking over your shoulder at the lowly Texans, with the terrible O-line, and unproven QB....LOL

Last edited by real; 06-16-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2007   #167
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep slower QBs equal more sacks

Sincerely,

Peyton Manning

Yeah there is not much film on Schaub, about as much as of vy throwing an accurate pass.
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2007   #168
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Yes there is plenty of film on the Texans O-Line, and unbiased eyes can see the repeated multiple simultaneous breakdowns in pass protection against the most basic pass rushes and equate that to mean the Offensive Line needs improvement. Biased eyes look at that and say the QB sucks.
What does seeing the line break down have to do with the ability to judge a QB ?

It's not an either or thing...David Carr was terrible, and the line could use improvement....

Sounds like the eyes in your own head are the only ones biased...

Like because the line was bad, that means ultimately the QB was good ?

Gotcha....
Old 06-16-2007   #169
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

while speed an quickness is an asset in avoiding the rush, the main thing is having good pocket prescence. If you can "feel" the rush, then you dont need a fast 40 to be able to avoid it, like when spec brought up manning. He does have a much better line but even they break down fairly frequently, but when they do Manning has good enough prescence to step up or to the side of the rush.

The thing about david was, even though he was a good athelete when you look at the measurables, he could never "feel" the rush until it was busy smearing him into the turf

Made a bad line look even worse imo
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #170
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yep slower QBs equal more sacks

Sincerely,

Peyton Manning

Yeah there is not much film on Schaub, about as much as of vy throwing an accurate pass.
No but slower QB + O-line that could not protect a faster more mobile QB does.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #171
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I'm going to see Vince on the 21st of October...will you be there?
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #172
real

Quote:
No but slower QB + O-line that could not protect a faster more mobile QB does.
Wrong again.
Old 06-16-2007   #173
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
What does seeing the line break down have to do with the ability to judge a QB ?

It's not an either or thing...David Carr was terrible, and the line could use improvement....

Sounds like the eyes in your own head are the only ones biased...

Like because the line was bad, that means ultimately the QB was good ?

Gotcha....
Wrong. What I am saying is people who are biased see what they want to see, and when I see an Offensive Line repeatedly breakdown on the simplest of pass rush defenses I don't say that the QB is terrible as you and many others on here have said. I also don't say that the QB is therefore good. It isn't either or. It is inconclusive as far as the Qb is concerned because the O-Line is so bad it compromises any ability to reasonably judge the QB.
Old 06-16-2007   #174
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It depends on what type of mobility you mean,if you're talking about speed and athleticism then yes I'd say Carr,but if you're talking about avoiding pressure in the pocket and being more aware of you surroundings then I'd say Schaub. Your being courteous when you say that Atlanta's line is decent.And there's not alot of film on our Oline,most of the line that gave up all those sacks through thre years is gone and we lost three starters due to injury last season.So this group has never really played a full season together.

Last edited by ReliantTexan; 06-16-2007 at 04:01 PM.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #175
real

Quote:
Wrong. What I am saying is people who are biased see what they want to see, and when I see an Offensive Line repeatedly breakdown on the simplest of pass rush defenses I don't say that the QB is terrible as you and many others on here have said. I also don't say that the QB is therefore good. It isn't either or. It is inconclusive as far as the Qb is concerned because the O-Line is so bad it compromises any ability to reasonably judge the QB.
Another ignorant post.

There is a such thing called 'analysis'.

I guess Kubiak and crew were were biased as well for getting rid of David Carr, and basically keeping the same exact line. Gotcha....

If someone can watch film and come to conclusions based on their knowledge or past experiences it doesn't make them biased.

Calling someone biased because they have come to an educated conclusion is biased...and a bit ignorant....
Old 06-16-2007   #176
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
It depends on what type of mobility you mean,if you mean making a big play with your feet then yes I'd say Carr.
What was Carr's longest run here ? Carr had good speed, but he wasn't a good runner IMO.

Quote:
but if you're talking about avoiding pressure in the pocket and being more aware of you surroundings then I'd say Schaub. Your being courteous when you say that Atlanta's line is decent.And there's not alot of film on our Oline,most of the line that gave up all those sacks through thre years is gone and we lost three starters due to injury last season.So this group has never really played a full season together
I didn't even address that, but it further shows his lack of knowledge...

Michael Vick, in ATL, has been one of the most sacked QB's since he's gotten in the leauge...This from the fastest most mobile QB in the NFL, and behind ATL's 'good line'...
Old 06-16-2007   #177
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Bruno View Post
while speed an quickness is an asset in avoiding the rush, the main thing is having good pocket prescence. If you can "feel" the rush, then you dont need a fast 40 to be able to avoid it, like when spec brought up manning. He does have a much better line but even they break down fairly frequently, but when they do Manning has good enough prescence to step up or to the side of the rush.

The thing about david was, even though he was a good athelete when you look at the measurables, he could never "feel" the rush until it was busy smearing him into the turf

Made a bad line look even worse imo
It is true that even the Colts O-line breaks down but there is a difference as well. They rarely breakdown against simple pass rushes so that means the defense is overloading a side or blitzing and usually Manning will pick up on the development of those things before the snap. The end result is a quick out to an open receiver and the chains keep moving. Another difference is the Colts line also rarely has simultaneous multiple breakdowns. In otherwords it is usually limited to just one of the O-Linemen missing a block. When that happens a QB can sidestep or move in the pocket to avoid the rusher while the HB or FB picks him up. On the other hand the Texans O-line would often have more then one O-linemen missing their blocks at the same time with nowhere for the QB to go and to make matters worse it was froma simple 3 or 4 man rush so the defense also has plenty of defenders left to cover the receivers so there isn't anyone open for a quick out.
Old 06-16-2007   #178
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Another ignorant post.

There is a such thing called 'analysis'.

I guess Kubiak and crew were were biased as well for getting rid of David Carr, and basically keeping the same exact line. Gotcha....

If someone can watch film and come to conclusions based on their knowledge or past experiences it doesn't make them biased.

Calling someone biased because they have come to an educated conclusion is biased...and a bit ignorant....
I love how when you disagree with someone's post you call them names such as ignorant. Rather then really debating them. You can say it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black if you want, but I didn't call you ignorant at worst I implied that you were biased, which is quite obvious to anyone with a brain.

Also, you are assuming that Kubiak was behind the offseason moves. I make no such assumption. I don't know who's decision it was.
Old 06-16-2007   #179
real

Quote:
It is true that even the Colts O-line breaks down but there is a difference as well. They rarely breakdown against simple pass rushes so that means the defense is overloading a side or blitzing and usually Manning will pick up on the development of those things before the snap. The end result is a quick out to an open receiver and the chains keep moving. Another difference is the Colts line also rarely has simultaneous multiple breakdowns. In otherwords it is usually limited to just one of the O-Linemen missing a block. When that happens a QB can sidestep or move in the pocket to avoid the rusher while the HB or FB picks him up. On the other hand the Texans O-line would often have more then one O-linemen missing their blocks at the same time with nowhere for the QB to go and to make matters worse it was froma simple 3 or 4 man rush so the defense also has plenty of defenders left to cover the receivers so there isn't anyone open for a quick out.
LMAO....

I'm done with you guys...

You're making stuff up now to fit your argument...LMAO...
Old 06-16-2007   #180
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

Quote:
but a lot of the time carr would just run into the DE, hence he earned the name "the self-sacking qb".

His internal rythem was destroyed early on and is at this point unsalvagable, at least here in houston. We also have a pass blocking RB in Green for the first time ever in our franchise history, so that should help significantly (is Vonta Leech good at pass blocking? if he is then thats another back for protection purposes).

The line is average at best, but if we have a QB who tries to avoid the rush other then running into it then the passing game has a chance. maybe ive just been drinking the kool-aid though
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read