Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-15-2007   #121
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

I figure it'll all come crashing down when reality pops their bubble of delusion.

Texans fans, on the other hand, harbor no illusions about our team. Sure, we are hopeful, but for the most part, our expectations are based in a realistic outlook. Optimism for a winning season is nothing compared to the Grand Illusion of Super Bowl aspirations expected of The Great One. Anything less than a ring is failure in their eyes.
Old 06-15-2007   #122
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BA, I will give you the benefit of the doubt with pitbull, but really, we are tired of re-hashing the Carr thing. Bottom Line, is that it was time for the Texans (and Carr for that matter) to move on.. DC may make it back, but he was never going to do it here.
See if you had replied to him with something in this tone this thread would have completely changed.

And honestly if he had come on here with a huge post that went through some of the intangables would it have been met with anything less?

I ran this one before last season showing what a chump he is. Ran it on my board and the Jags board. Texans fans came out by the boat load to try to tear it down. One season later he is garbage. Kind of funny.

Quote:
We all know about the trouble Tim Couch had in Cleveland. His first season he set a record for most sacks in a season. He only Qbed one winning season at 9-7 and the second best year being a 7-9 season. He has been in the league since 99 (5 years as a started) the year the Browns made there come back to the NFL. Touted as there savior and the future of the team, fans poured into NFL shops to buy his jersey. Set back after set back slowly sunk Couch into mediocrity. First it was the line that was giving him issues. Then he did not have the receiver core needed to make his passes. Slowly people realized that yes these played a factor but Tim Couch would never amount to anything, being at best a backup on a mid level team.

This made me think of the career of David Carr. His first season he set a record for most sacks in a season. Carr has never had a winning season, and his best season to date was ‘04 when he led the Texans to a 7-9 season. When drafted #1 the Texans felt they had a base to grow on. This guy could do something special in the NFL or that was the talk around the league. The fledgling Houston fans and disgruntled Oiler fans of years past rushed to buy his jersey. Carr has not pointed fingers but goes out day in and day out and plays. Analysts in the league pointed the fingers for him. First it was his O-line. Then a lack of depths at the WR position. Starting to sound familiar?

I will take this even further…..

In 60 games Carr has a QB rating of 73.7, a completion percentage of 57.8 and a TD to INT ratio of .91.

In 62 games Couch has a QB rating of 75.1, a completion percentage of 59.8 and a TD to INT ratio of .96

Both are close in yards per game at 179.5 for Couch to Carrs 177.1. They also have the same numbers when it comes to average yards per pass of 6.5.
Tim Couch sacked 166 times; Carr 208.

When will the Cow fans realize they drafted another Couch? With the number one pick last season and a RB coming off of knee surgery the draft would seem obvious with a phenom RB and 3 solid choices at QB to replace what ales them. Instead they choose to pick a DE? It would seem that the Texans are destined to follow in the steps of the Browns. When we do not remember history it is bound to repeat itself
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #123
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans are only five years old. Is there really that much sport in kicking a relatively new franchise that came into the league under the harshest of expansion deals?

Seriously, I envision Titans fans kicking the canes out from old folks, just because it makes them feel like the men they want to be in their heads.
You did not pull the wow is me card did you? Seriously? We are division rivals .... It is not as if anyone on here is just spouting:

Texans SUCK!!!!

If you live in homer land and listen to what is put up on your own board you would think your team is going to win the Super Bowl every season. To get a more realistic look it is always good to check out what the enemy thinks about you and what your weaknesses are.
Old 06-15-2007   #124
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
You did not pull the wow is me card did you? Seriously? We are division rivals .... It is not as if anyone on here is just spouting:

Texans SUCK!!!!

If you live in homer land and listen to what is put up on your own board you would think your team is going to win the Super Bowl every season. To get a more realistic look it is always good to check out what the enemy thinks about you and what your weaknesses are.

How can you give a realistic opinion about a team you watch twice a year ?
Old 06-15-2007   #125
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
How can you give a realistic opinion about a team you watch twice a year ?
Honestly I will admit I watch about 6~8 Texans games a season. I also have Tivo and DTV. I like to keep up on division rivals. I do the same for the Jags and the Colts.
Old 06-15-2007   #126
real

Quote:
Honestly I will admit I watch about 6~8 Texans games a season. I also have Tivo and DTV. I like to keep up on division rivals. I do the same for the Jags and the Colts.
So you feel like you'd have better insight than people who track them all year long?

We have enough fans that think the team isn't/ may not do that well this season...

Why on earth would we need to get that kind of insight from fans of other teams when we have people who follow the team more closely giving varying opinions ?

That'd be like me going to the Titans board and giving my opinion on the team and expecting people to take me serious....I would be shocked if they did....even though I watch about 5 or 6 Titans games a year...
Old 06-15-2007   #127
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
So you feel like you'd have better insight than people who track them all year long?
Not at all but I also get sick of reading stuff like "Justin Gage is the next DMac" and calls to get Jmac back.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2007   #128
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You did not pull the wow is me card did you? Seriously?
I am not a grammar/spelling nazi in any regard. But I just wanted to make sure you meant "woe is me" and not "wow". It kind of changes the point of your post.

I appreciate your football takes, because you do seem to keep within the X's & O's of analysis.

I just get tired of the constant nonsense of unknown proportions regarding Carr and Schaub, as well as the rest of the team. There is good reason why Schaub has always been a backup in ATL, and that reason is directly related to the owner of the Falcons and their marquee player. When football "fans" come here and try to spout nonsense about something they are ignorant about, the routine gets old.

Criticize or praise a player, coach or system all you want, but the blatant generalized statements born from a lack of knowledge receives very little respect. I'm not painting you with that brush, but you probably understand getting the baby thrown out with the bathwater when you're a rival fan on a team's board.
Old 06-15-2007   #129
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See if you had replied to him with something in this tone this thread would have completely changed.
Actually, if you go back and read, I didn't say anything deragotory in my first 2 or 3 replies to him... It wasn't until I made the joke about Lendale "I never met a buffet I didn't like before" White when he got pissy.... It went downhill from there.
Old 06-15-2007   #130
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Yeah i guess I was generalizing because the post I quoted was the next post after PB. I am sure PB is over it and probably laughing it off by now.
Old 06-15-2007   #131
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That'd be like me going to the Titans board and giving my opinion on the team and expecting people to take me serious....I would be shocked if they did....even though I watch about 5 or 6 Titans games a year...
Dude imagine how many 'VY is god I think I'll start watching football' noobs have turned up at GoTitans forum. Knowledgeable rival fans are always welcome,especially divisional rivals. Some morons will hate on you but not many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
Honestly I will admit I watch about 6~8 Texans games a season. I like to keep up on division rivals. I do the same for the Jags and the Colts.
I do the same for the Texans & Colts but the Jags I can't do it. Now there's a team in need of a QB but Del Rio can't seem to see it.Why I have no idea.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #132
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Dude imagine how many 'VY is god I think I'll start watching football' noobs have turned up at GoTitans forum. Knowledgeable rival fans are always welcome,especially divisional rivals. Some morons will hate on you but not many.

I do the same for the Texans & Colts but the Jags I can't do it. Now there's a team in need of a QB but Del Rio can't seem to see it.Why I have no idea.
Props.... I can always appreciate someone working in a Young Frankenstein reference...
Old 06-15-2007   #133
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yeah i guess I was generalizing because the post I quoted was the next post after PB. I am sure PB is over it and probably laughing it off by now.
I'm sure he is too. No worries!!
Old 06-15-2007   #134
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Confusion is expected by those who use stats as their 'guiding light'.
PitBull, does that remind you of anyone from goTitans?
Old 06-15-2007   #135
PitBull
Rookie

right when i thought this thread was done it turns out to have just began..

What was that about anyway? comeon now, i've seen much warmer welcomes from almost every other rival board i've visited. Heck, many Texans seem to have a good time when they visit Titans boards.

I really do want to say that a rival visiting a rival board is almost guaranteed to face hostility however its not always that way. The hostility here did seem a bit odd. I'm not sure how a discussion about Schaub vs. Carr warranted such responses.. I'm looking back at the thread right now to try to figure it out yet i remain puzzled.

Nontheless its all good. I'm not one to cry over spilt milk.
I'm can also imagine that you're not too.
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #136
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
PitBull, does that remind you of anyone from goTitans?
lool... Rolltide?
Old 06-15-2007   #137
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

haha, i never noticed the similarity between del rio and marty feldman until now.
Old 06-15-2007   #138
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

You could put Carr in a thread about Mother Theresa and cause a fight .
Old 06-15-2007   #139
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
I really do want to say that a rival visiting a rival board is almost guaranteed to face hostility however its not always that way. The hostility here did seem a bit odd. I'm not sure how a discussion about Schaub vs. Carr warranted such responses.. I'm looking back at the thread right now to try to figure it out yet i remain puzzled.
yeah, I can't imagine what could have sparked any negative feelings from Texans fans in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post

Carr 2.0
Old 06-15-2007   #140
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, I can't imagine what could have sparked any negative feelings from Texans fans in this thread...
I was actually talking more about my posts..

Yet i really don't see how BIP's image would be looked at in anyway other than pure comedy and not taken to heart..
Relax Double Barrel.. i've seen worse images and graphics posted on our board by rivals which were accepted as comedy and left to rot on that same page.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read