Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-15-2007   #81
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
Although i'm not a Texans fan, i have watched enough games to maybe yet 'foolishly' suggest that Carr might have been able to perform his duties as a QB at a higher level if maybe he was better protected by a better o-line. Maybe the coaching staff shold have concentrated a little more on that.

Is Schaub so much better than Carr, and does he possess the experience to provide better results than a 5 year vet who has lived the system..?
Carr had one monster year when he was a senior in college and a decent 2004 . That's all he has to show for the seven years as a starter , that and an average of 4.8 wins a year as a pro . He also started every game for a 2-14 team ... while it was'nt all his fault ... a QB worth his salt gets more than 2 wins .

As a fan of the Texans and a fan of the NFL , at least I have a ray of hope in June as opposed to ... damn I hope the defense is good enough to carry us .
Old 06-15-2007   #82
real

Quote:
umm..
are we playing chess here? Poker?
Strip poker and show me them cow titties?

hell.. I think i've made valid points on why Carr would have possibly been a better QB and even threw in some stats to validate my point. If i knew your arguments would soley be revolving over these stats i probably should have left them out.

Another poster said that Shaub is an upgrade.. My question is why do you think that.. Is carr really that bad in your opinion? Do you really credit all your losing seasons to him?
Carr had bad footwork, bad timing, terrible at reading defenses, terrible feel for the rush, could not make throws under pressure, didn't know how to 'buy time' to make throws, had a hard time making throws over the middle, did a bad job with ball placement, he was easily rattled, confidence issues, leadership issues, indecisive, poor at making pre-snap reads, didn't put the pressure of winning upon himself....ect....

The reasons that you give that Carr could have been successful can be used for any QB taken in the first round that has bust. You don't take guys without the 'physical tools' in the first round. So it pretty much goes without saying that he had the 'physical tools', but beyond that Carr was a bad football player.

Again, I really don't expect you to know any of that seeing as the basis of your opinion comes from stats and not actually watching the games. Your opinion is no different than most other teams fans who cruise the internet on Monday morning looking at completion percentages and INT to TD ratio's. But like I said, that is to be expected.

How about this....How about you give some valid reasons other than his physical tools, strong arm, and college stats as to why you think he is a good QB.
Old 06-15-2007   #83
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
As a fan of the Texans and a fan of the NFL , at least I have a ray of hope in June as opposed to ... damn I hope the defense is good enough to carry us .
Good luck with that..
I'm sure the addition of Ahman Green, Jordan Black, and Amobi would provide most fans much enthusiasm, yet does the replacement of Carr in your opinion make for better results? Shouldn't Carr be given a chance to prove if he can turn the state of this franchise around with all the positive additions to the roster during this off season.
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #84
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Although i'm not a Texans fan, i have watched enough games to maybe yet 'foolishly' suggest that Carr might have been able to perform his duties as a QB at a higher level if maybe he was better protected by a better o-line. Maybe the coaching staff shold have concentrated a little more on that.

Is Schaub so much better than Carr, and does he possess the experience to provide better results than a 5 year vet who has lived the system..?
First, Carr's time here was done. I am of the opinion that he will be just fine somewhere else, BUT that is irrelevant. His time here was played out. Both sides needed a breath of fresh air... PERIOD!!

Second, Carr has NOT lived "the system". He went through 3-4 different schemes in 5 years which I beleive lended itself to the problem. BUT again, his time here was played out... The timing was good to move on - for both sides.

"Is Schaub so much.........???" Well thats why they play the games.

Last, I know a couple of people have mentioned that you need to watch the games and quit looking at stats. This is true. In doing so, enjoy VY's run because there aint a whole lot to look at with him throwing the ball...
Old 06-15-2007   #85
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's one topic that's been disected and re-examined to a fault it's Carr . Pitbull ... you can't add anything new to a Carr thread .
Old 06-15-2007   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sure the addition of Ahman Green, Jordan Black, and Amobi would provide most fans much enthusiasm, yet does the replacement of Carr in your opinion make for better results? Shouldn't Carr be given a chance to prove if he can turn the state of this franchise around with all the positive additions to the roster during this off season.
NO!

Again, the Carr period played out. It's over. Both sides have moved on. Good luck to Carr, but better luck to Schaub....
Old 06-15-2007   #87
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
How about this....How about you give some valid reasons other than his physical tools, strong arm, and college stats as to why you think he is a good QB.
I don't recall saying he's a good QB. I did however suggest that I would take him and his experience as a starter as well as his positive attitude over Scaub who frankly hasen't proven to be better than Carr during his 3 years as a backup.

Wouldn't you have prefered to bring in Schaub and test him while benching Carr to determine first hand if he should win over the position instead of dumping one questionable QB for another?

Last edited by PitBull; 06-15-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2007   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Two words: Salary Cap

Schaub's stock was pretty hight throughout the NFL. You would not have been able to trade for Schaub, sign him to a contract that is competitive with what other teams were willing to pay AND pay Carr's contract. We already take (I think it is) a $ 2 million hit for Carrs contract.
Old 06-15-2007   #89
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Two words: Salary Cap

Schaub's stock was pretty hight throughout the NFL. You would not have been able to trade for Schaub, sign him to a contract that is competitive with what other teams were willing to pay AND pay Carr's contract. We already take (I think it is) a $ 2 million hit for Carrs contract.

good luck then.
I honestly hope Mario Williams works out for you too.

It would be a shame if he didn't considering all the other QBs who were on the board.
Old 06-15-2007   #90
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good luck with that..
No he had enough chances before this year and his dink and dunk BS was old and not worth anything. After being cut, no team wanted him as their starter. That tells the story right there!

Oh nice clip of a running back, do you have one of an actualy QB, you know where they throw the ball?
Old 06-15-2007   #91
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Oh nice clip of a running back, do you have one of an actualy QB, you know where they throw the ball?

Oh you'll see plenty of throwing next year.
You really can't blame the poor performance and drops from our WRs on Vince. Last year was a bad one in terms of receivers. I'm sure you already know that. Why are you even bringing it up.

Hope your defense can keep up...

Old 06-15-2007   #92
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull
I've always reserved a little bit of admiration for Carr and the way his game elevated over the five years as a starter while noting last years comp% as one of the highest in the league.
yeah, that one meaningful TD he threw in the last ten games of 2006 was simply amazing!

As far as your opinion of Schaub...'eh, whatever. He's unproven at this point, so your negative analysis of him holds a much weight as a blind homer's take. Nobody really knows if he's an upgrade, but all indications at this early point indicates that he is a far better QB than our previous signal caller. Obviously, only time will tell.
Old 06-15-2007   #93
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Oh you'll see plenty of throwing next year.
You really can't blame the poor performance and drops from our WRs on Vince. Last year was a bad one in terms of receivers. I'm sure you already know that. Why are you even bringing it up.

Hope your defense can keep up...

LMAO... Who is he going to throw it to?? LenDale "I have never met a buffet that I didn't like" White out of the backfield? How's that off-season going anyway?

News flash, VY does NOT have a stellar arm..

The "D" will more than keep up... MW, AO and DR meet at the QB!!!
Old 06-15-2007   #94
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
LMAO... Who is he going to throw it to?? LenDale "I have never met a buffet that I didn't like" White out of the backfield? How's that off-season going anyway?
Oh how nice.
I'm assuming you're the smack monster of this forum..
how unfortunate.. how weak..

Did you giggle when you made that post?
Old 06-15-2007   #95
PitBull
Rookie

Default lets amuse you a little..

Quote:
Who is he going to throw it to?? LenDale "I have never met a buffet that I didn't like" White out of the backfield?
Old 06-15-2007   #96
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Oh how nice.
I'm assuming you're the smack monster of this forum..
how unfortunate.. how weak..

Did you giggle when you made that post?
First, I don't talk smack. I speak in truths.

Perhaps you ought to lurk around, read, get acquainted BEFORE you troll.... We have done battle with way more knowledgable Tinbread fans and VY man-crushes than you... This was evident by your very first post.
Old 06-15-2007   #97
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:

Perhaps you ought to lurk around, read, get acquainted BEFORE you troll.... We have done battle with way more knowledgable Tinbread fans and VY man-crushes than you... This was evident by your very first post.

You speak in truths? how amusing..
How is there any truth to VY throwing to Lendale White? How retarded is that?

Your ignorance and the fact you have no clue of your rival rosters might be reason for what you think is true..

Bill...Get a clue about what you're talking about before you start ranting juvenile comments.

So far.. this is what you look like to me..

Old 06-15-2007   #98
real

Quote:

I agree.

He is a pretty weak troll. Most Titan fans are a bit more knowledgeable than this.
Old 06-15-2007   #99
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
You speak in truths? how amusing..
How is there any truth to VY throwing to Lendale White? How retarded is that?

Your ignorance and the fact you have no clue of your rival rosters might be reason for what you think is true..

Bill...Get a clue about what you're talking about before you start ranting juvenile comments.

So far.. this is what you look like to me..

Pitbull ... should'nt you be a Vick fan ?

Lendale White would come out of the backfield to catch a pass .... there is such a play .

Oh well you still have Bennett and Wade to throw too .

Hey ... what about Pacman ... VY gonna play CB and return kicks ... oh wait you drafted a safety for that .
Old 06-15-2007   #100
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes.

Carr ws not the right kind of guy to play in our system and has only played in it for 1 year. Did you ever see Rob Johnson play? Carr is Rob Johnson. He holds the ball too long and takes too long to make the decision to run. He can't find open receivers and he can't read defenses. Like Rob Johnson, Carr is an "athlete" who really can't translate his athleticism into good QB play. He's also got really bad ball security, he holds the ball low and in one hand when he runs. He's a fumble waiting to happen.

He had 2 games last year where he threw for less than 100 yards (one of them, he threw for -5 yards net.) He almost cost us those games and he did cost us other games.

Schaub has been in the system (or related systems) for 7 or 8 years. He is the right kind of QB to play in our system. He gets rid of the ball quickly and he's able to read defenses. He's able to run effectively. He has an over the top throwing motion that won't get batted down as often as Carr's sidearm delivery.

So, yeah, getting rid of Carr was a good thing.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read