Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-14-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

I always thought it was get the Carr dirty, then use the shammy ....

Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #62
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I always thought it was get the Carr dirty, then use the shammy ....

Your mad because your MVP is not here anymore .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #63
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I know the AFC South just lost ~25 sacks a season. Fingers crossed that Shammy can hold Carr's jock when it comes to sacks totals.
Old 06-14-2007   #64
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

this mvp? What? Did break his boot camp for inexperienced receivers to give 'em time off before training camp? ohh.. I'm furious!
Old 06-14-2007   #65
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post

this mvp? What? Did break his boot camp for inexperienced receivers to give 'em time off before training camp? ohh.. I'm furious!
I hear Joel Filani showed up late to the "optional" WR camp and Young pinned him on the ground tied two full racks of beef ribs on him and let L-Dub chase him for five hours before finally releasing him.

Young was quoted as saying "If I don't motivate them I will find someone who does."
Old 06-15-2007   #66
PitBull
Rookie

you really have to wonder if Schuab would be considered an upgrade over Carr..

Sure.. most Texans fans were pleased and almost relieved to see him hit the road, but to be honest I've always reserved a little bit of admiration for Carr and the way his game elevated over the five years as a starter while noting last years comp% as one of the highest in the league. Well, umm.. 'admiration' might be considered giving him too much credit, so i'll just stick with the word 'respect' instead.

Comparing both QBs int/comp would put Carr in the lead at 1 int per 32 attempts compared to Schaub's 1 int per 27 attempts, and when it comes down to it.. you can't help but wonder if Carr would fit in more comfortably with the Panther's o-line compared to the Texan's line which many would argue to never really have hit its comfort level since 02.

I would have probably stuck with Carr considering the 5 years already invested in him and tried to make the changes around him instead of at him and drafted Reggie Bush to help out in the ground attack instead..

But hey... last years' draft is old news as many on this thread have already mentioned and good luck with the new guy.. although it might just require more than just luck to expect better results from him than Carr.
PitBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #67
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post

Sure.. most Texans fans were pleased and almost relieved to see him hit the road, but to be honest I've always reserved a little bit of admiration for Carr and the way his game elevated over the five years as a starter while noting last years comp% as one of the highest in the league. Well, umm.. 'admiration' might be considered giving him too much credit, so i'll just stick with the word 'respect' instead.

Comparing both QBs int/comp would put Carr in the lead at 1 int per 32 attempts compared to Schaub's 1 int per 27 attempts, and when it comes down to it.. you can't help but wonder if Carr would fit in more comfortably with the Panther's o-line compared to the Texan's line which many would argue to never really have hit its comfort level since 02.

I would have probably stuck with Carr considering the 5 years already invested in him and tried to make the changes around him instead of at him and drafted Reggie Bush to help out in the ground attack instead..

But hey... last years' draft is old news as many on this thread have already mentioned and good luck with the new guy.. although it might just require more than just luck to expect better results from him than Carr.

Great post.

It shows you know nothing about football or the Texans or Carr or watched any games and you only looked at the stat sheet. Nice job. If you go by pass completion % you would take Frye over Brady, and that would be just smart right?
Sponsored links
Old 06-15-2007   #68
real

Quote:

How about watching some actual games and not a stat sheet.
Old 06-15-2007   #69
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Great post.

It shows you know nothing about football or the Texans or Carr or watched any games and you only looked at the stat sheet. Nice job. If you go by pass completion % you would take Frye over Brady, and that would be just smart right?
.. How honored..
You must be in charge of the welcoming committee here.
Why i am not surprised that my first post would be most welcomed by moo... my bad.. i mean 'you'.

Thanks for reminding me to leave out the stats next time i attempt to compare QBs. Instead, just go on instincts and who you think would do a better job under the circumstances.
Old 06-15-2007   #70
real

Quote:

Thanks for reminding me to leave out the stats next time i attempt to compare QBs. Instead, just go on instincts and who you think would do a better job under the circumstances.
This coming from a team with VY as it's QB. I thought maybe you'd have a basic understanding of football past a stat sheet.....guess not.
Old 06-15-2007   #71
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
This coming from a team with VY as it's QB. I thought maybe you'd have a basic understanding of football past a stat sheet.....guess not.

Oh no.. what do I know.
Its not like poor little ‘me’ boasts the knowledge to go head to head with such a great fan such as yourself who has seen many QBs play and succeed for the team he supports.

God forbids I try to shed some common sense on a fan whose coaching staff just recently passed on the QB of a lifetime just to turn around and sign a medicore QB at best less than a year later.
Old 06-15-2007   #72
real

Quote:
God forbids I try to shed some common sense on a fan whose coaching staff just recently passed on the QB of a lifetime just to turn around and sign a medicore QB at best less than a year later.
Not really sure what that has to do with anything.

God forbid someone judges a QB by actually watching a game instead of searching the net for stats, otherwise your QB sucks. Fantasy football IS your friend.
Old 06-15-2007   #73
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While Vince is a play maker ... I might wait 10 years before I deem him QB of a lifetime .

How do you know Schaub's mediocre at best ? I think Schaub will have a better passing year than once in a lifetime QB .

Carr needed to go ... the Texans and Carr were tired of each other . Besides we really needed what Carr did'nt have .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #74
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
Not really sure what that has to do with anything.

God forbid someone judges a QB by actually watching a game instead of searching the net for stats, otherwise your QB sucks. Fantasy football IS your friend.

Great response..
You nearly got me there..

Instead i prefer to judge QBs by their ability to do this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FO3c01XwGI

unless you're comparing the skills of the two.. which i really for your sake hope you're not.
Old 06-15-2007   #75
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
While Vince is a play maker ... I might wait 10 years before I deem him QB of a lifetime .

How do you know Schaub's mediocre at best ? I think Schaub will have a better passing year than once in a lifetime QB .

Carr needed to go ... the Texans and Carr were tired of each other . Besides we really needed what Carr did'nt have .
Although i'm not a Texans fan, i have watched enough games to maybe yet 'foolishly' suggest that Carr might have been able to perform his duties as a QB at a higher level if maybe he was better protected by a better o-line. Maybe the coaching staff shold have concentrated a little more on that.

Is Schaub so much better than Carr, and does he possess the experience to provide better results than a 5 year vet who has lived the system..?
Old 06-15-2007   #76
real

Quote:
Great response..
You nearly got me there..

Instead i prefer to judge QBs by their ability to do this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FO3c01XwGI

unless you're comparing the skills of the two.. which i really for your sake hope you're not.
I guess in your opinion Dan Marino was terrible, and Randall Cunningham was the greatest.

Gotcha.
Old 06-15-2007   #77
PitBull
Rookie

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass or your typical 'troll'.. yet i'm simply puzzled by what mgt is thinking.
Old 06-15-2007   #78
real

Quote:
Although i'm not a Texans fan, i have watched enough games to maybe yet 'foolishly' suggest that Carr might have been able to perform his duties as a QB at a higher level if maybe he was better protected by a better o-line. Is Schaub so much better than Carr, and does he possess the experience to provide better results than a 5 year vet who has lived the system..?
Signed,

Drew Bledsoe

Co-signed,

Tom Brady and Tony Romo
Old 06-15-2007   #79
real

Quote:
I'm really not trying to be a smart ass or your typical 'troll'.. yet i'm simply puzzled by what mgt is thinking.

This is life. In every life situation you aren't going to have the best insight being on the outside looking in.

Confusion is expected by those who use stats as their 'guiding light'. Much like VY nay-sayers. I just thought maybe since VY was your QB you'd have better insight to the fact that intangibles and a feel for the game DO matter. Being QB is much more than having 'ability', otherwise Ryan Leaf would still be playing.
Old 06-15-2007   #80
PitBull
Rookie

Quote:
I guess in your opinion Dan Marino was terrible, and Randall Cunningham was the greatest.

Gotcha.

umm..
are we playing chess here? Poker?
Strip poker and show me them cow titties?

hell.. I think i've made valid points on why Carr would have possibly been a better QB and even threw in some stats to validate my point. If i knew your arguments would soley be revolving over these stats i probably should have left them out.

Another poster said that Shaub is an upgrade.. My question is why do you think that.. Is carr really that bad in your opinion? Do you really credit all your losing seasons to him?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read