Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-18-2007   #261
real

Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

I completely disagree, but I'll leave it alone.
Old 06-18-2007   #262
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

And around turn 14 Young has a commanding lead ....

Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #263
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I completely disagree, but I'll leave it alone.
I'm going to assume that this was directed at my post.

I don't understand. What are you completely disagreeing with? You said exactly the same thing I did for almost every single point.

The only thing I see different is that you made the statement that our opinions are important and I think our opinions are just so much hot air.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #264
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
And around turn 14 Young has a commanding lead ....

I always thought young looked like a horse, and now we know why he throws like one.
Old 06-18-2007   #265
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I always thought young looked like a horse, and now we know why he throws like one.
Actually when questioned the Texans players all seemed unable to describe what Young looked like. Most described a blur going past them and the #10 on a jersey slowly fades away as it pulled to far ahead for the pursuers to see.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #266
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually when questioned the Texans players all seemed unable to describe what Young looked like. Most described a blur going past them and the #10 on a jersey slowly fades away as it pulled to far ahead for the pursuers to see.
Good running backs will do that from time to time...
Old 06-18-2007   #267
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
So how in hades do you come to the determination that is was moreso on the O-line rather than David Carr? If you have trouble looking at a game and being able to tell which players are good and which ones aren't because "each players performance is dependent on the play of everyone else" how can you come to a sound conclusion on anyone ?

For one, I don't agree with that line of thinking. I think it's fairly easy to look at players and tell if they're good or not. I don't care if you have the last ranked O-line in the leauge (which we didn't) 2 td's over the last 10 games is out of line. The fact that we won the Oakland game while David Carr amassed a whopping -5 passing yards says a lot about the play of "others around him".

Good players look good, and bad ones look bad. It's that simple. David Carr didn't have the best protection in the world, but there was enough protection for an NFL starting QB to atleast have us in games and not costing them. Sacks aren't always on the O-line; recievers need to run good routes and get open, O-line needs to block, RB's need to block when needed, QB needs to have pocket presence and be able to make pre-snap reads. If David had any inclination to greatness wouldn't you be able to see signs of it ? Where are the positives of David past his 'measurables'...past his college stats ? What positives can you give about the guy's play ?

It will be very interesting to see Schuab behind center because honestly I think a lot of fans perception of our O-line will change a little bit.
I thin you misunderstood me, again. Maybe this analogy will help you to understand my point. Drop a pepple into a large bucket of water with some bobbers floating in it and see what happens. The pepple is the O-Line. They are the primary cause of action on the offense. As the water ripples farther and farther out you get to each of the other positions contribution to the motion of the water, which is now influenced by the O-line's action. It is still possible to see the inputs of the other positions provided that the input of the O-line is not so great, a boulder instead of a pebble, as to push the floats out of the bucket, thereby making their effects impossible to read. xtruroyaltyx, you and just don't agree on who has the primary influence on a plays development. I say it is the O-line and you say it is the QB. That is where we disagree and I accept that we will never agree on that.

Now, keep in mind that Matt Schaub's O-line may very well be different as the Texans have added many new faces to their pool of O-linemen to make an O-line from. Just changing one O-linemen can sometimes have a huge effect, and it is possible that the starting O-line will have more changes to it than just one player.
Old 06-18-2007   #268
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to point out that I think it was both. You guys probably agree with that (I guess), but it's just who's more at fault that is getting argued.

After that, I'll leave it alone, because nothing can be proven in the offseason anyway. We need some new information (games) to bring to these arguments.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #269
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dude. Our opinions don't matter at all. But I think you're misinterpreting what I was saying because you're saying the same thing I am.

We fans can make judgments but they're based on incomplete information. This past season what I saw led me to believe that our line wasn't the problem with our offense. From where I sitting, I saw bad play from our QB. This doesn't mean that our o-line was great but I felt that our QB was making all phases of our team look worse.

BattleRedToro watched the same games and came to a different conclusion. He concluded that the o-line was the problem with both Carr's performance and with our running game.
I'm saying that only the coaches can definitively identify who's at fault. If they're good, they should be able to. They know who was where, what they did, and what they should have done. I think our coaches are good enough to know what the problems were last year and I think you can tell just by the moves they made what they thought those problems were.
Actually, some of the blame for the running game was the RB's not make the right cutbacks. The one thing are O-line did do well most of last year was run-block, they just couldn't pass-block, even if their lives depended on it.
Old 06-18-2007   #270
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Actually, some of the blame for the running game was the RB's not make the right cutbacks. The one thing are O-line did do well most of last year was run-block, they just couldn't pass-block, even if their lives depended on it.
They pass blocked fine for the most part. No line keeps their QB totally clean and they're while they're not the greatest line in the league, they're not the worst. At worst, they are a totally average line.

A bad offensive line can get a quarterback killed. On the flip side, a bad QB can make the entire offense look bad.

If Carr had been throwing the ball on time, he wouldn't have been hit or sacked half as much. What I saw when I looked at the games was that a lot of the time, Carr was not seeing open guys and he wasn't throwing the ball on time. He was panicking when there were no people around.

If Schaub is what people have said he is, then our o-line is going to look like it underwent a massive renovation in the offseason.

There is a possibility that he isn't what they said he is, but I think he's going to be good and I'm willing to give him the opportunity to get a chance to show it.
Old 06-18-2007   #271
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
They pass blocked fine for the most part. No line keeps their QB totally clean and they're while they're not the greatest line in the league, they're not the worst. At worst, they are a totally average line.

A bad offensive line can get a quarterback killed. On the flip side, a bad QB can make the entire offense look bad.

If Carr had been throwing the ball on time, he wouldn't have been hit or sacked half as much. What I saw when I looked at the games was that a lot of the time, Carr was not seeing open guys and he wasn't throwing the ball on time. He was panicking when there were no people around.

If Schaub is what people have said he is, then our o-line is going to look like it underwent a massive renovation in the offseason.

There is a possibility that he isn't what they said he is, but I think he's going to be good and I'm willing to give him the opportunity to get a chance to show it.
There are actually two more possibilities as well and they are:

3) Schaub is as good as people say he is but the O-line is also as bad as people say they are.

or

4) Schaub is not as good as people say he is and the O-line is also as bad as people say they are.

I sure hope it isn't #4 because that will just suck for us Texans fans.
Old 06-18-2007   #272
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
There are actually two more possibilities as well and they are:

3) Schaub is as good as people say he is but the O-line is also as bad as people say they are.

or

4) Schaub is not as good as people say he is and the O-line is also as bad as people say they are.

I sure hope it isn't #4 because that will just suck for us Texans fans.
Well, since I'm positive the o-line isn't as bad as people say they are, I immediately reject these as options with such a vanishingly small chance of being true as to be fantastical.

Old 06-18-2007   #273
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Well, since I'm positive the o-line isn't as bad as people say they are, I immediately reject these as options with such a vanishingly small chance of being true as to be fantastical.

Yes, I knew that. I thought they should be presented anyways for completeness and posterity's sake.
Old 06-19-2007   #274
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 06-20-2007   #275
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

There is nothing to add. You have a really good running back with no QB, no receivers and no back-up running backs...
Old 06-20-2007   #276
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
There is nothing to add. You have a really good running back with no QB, no receivers and no back-up running backs...
More than we need to handle your weak sauce
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #277
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

We shall see, my man......
Old 01-08-2008   #278
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Shammy goes down 30+ times next seaons who do you blame then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well gee Alex, I'll try ignorant NFL questions for $1000.

Only 11 teams gave up less than 30 sacks last season. I'm guessing Texan fans will be rejoicing if they are in the top half of the league in that stat.
I'd say folks are at least ok with 6th in the league--no real need for the blame police.
Old 01-08-2008   #279
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say that I'm pretty ecstatic about going from 68 sacks to 22 in two seasons time.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #280
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'd say folks are at least ok with 6th in the league--no real need for the blame police.
We'd have been #1 in the league if it weren't for that Gaping hole at LT.

We need to get a LT in the first round period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read