Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 06-16-2007   #181
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr-Schwab-Williams-Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
What was Carr's longest run here ? Carr had good speed, but he wasn't a good runner IMO.

I just edited it before you posted.You couldn't just wait one minute before you replied.Lol.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #182
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I love how when you disagree with someone's post you call them names such as ignorant. Rather then really debating them. You can say it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black if you want, but I didn't call you ignorant at worst I implied that you were biased, which is quite obvious to anyone with a brain.

Actually I didn't call you anything...

I said your post was ignorant, which it was....

Don't know you well enough to know if you're an ignorant person...But I can read and determine whether or not what I'm reading is silly, a lie, or ignorant....You can go back and read if you'd like...
Old 06-16-2007   #183
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
I just edited it before you posted.You couldn't just wait one minute before you replied.Lol.
My bad...Guess I was too quick on the trigger...
Old 06-16-2007   #184
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Bruno View Post
but a lot of the time carr would just run into the DE, hence he earned the name "the self-sacking qb".

His internal rythem was destroyed early on and is at this point unsalvagable, at least here in houston. We also have a pass blocking RB in Green for the first time ever in our franchise history, so that should help significantly (is Vonta Leech good at pass blocking? if he is then thats another back for protection purposes).

The line is average at best, but if we have a QB who tries to avoid the rush other then running into it then the passing game has a chance. maybe ive just been drinking the kool-aid though
Ask any knowledgable football fan to watch film of the Texans O-line and they will tell you that the Texans O-line is far below average.
Old 06-16-2007   #185
Il_Bruno
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Il_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVPIl_Bruno was voted MVP

Quote:
Ask any knowledgable football fan to watch film of the Texans O-line and they will tell you that the Texans O-line is far below average.

Is that more a product of the knowledgable football fan watching enough games of the texans to get that opinion, or from that "texans o-line is the worst" line being shoved in their face time and again?

The line is average at best, probably more the in 20s though, but i think we will actually see a decrease in sack totals despite the lack of speed at QB
Il_Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #186
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO....

I'm done with you guys...

You're making stuff up now to fit your argument...LMAO...
I didn't make up anything. Watch the end of this link when Marshall Faulk does his analysis for evidence. Sorry, link doesn't automatically load the clip you will have to click on the State of the Franchise: Houston Texans.

Last edited by BattleRedToro; 06-16-2007 at 05:28 PM.
BattleRedToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #187
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il_Bruno View Post
Is that more a product of the knowledgable football fan watching enough games of the texans to get that opinion, or from that "texans o-line is the worst" line being shoved in their face time and again?

The line is average at best, probably more the in 20s though, but i think we will actually see a decrease in sack totals despite the lack of speed at QB
I meant they will arrive at the conclusion that the Texans O-line is bad on their own if they watch the film.
Old 06-16-2007   #188
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
No but slower QB + O-line that could not protect a faster more mobile QB does.
Yes Carr is faster and more mobile than some QBs including Schaub and Peyton but that does not mean he knows what to do with it. Now I am not comparing Schaub to anyone but for examble .... Joe Montana was not very moblie but he was elusive, he knew when to step-up in the pocket and throw the ball and get it to a WR, RB or a TE. When Carr scrambled he would on more occassions than not run out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage and that constitues a sack. When you fumble the ball and fall on it, it is counted as a sack. Inwco you have a window, especially on slant patterens where you have to get the ball out quickly and in perfect timing, since you say you watch about 6 games a year, how good was he at doing that or checking down to the next option?

Your arguments and trying to bad mouth the line with any real information is not holding water. Just like espin .. Nice draft but they did not draft an OL with the 10th pick, forget there was none available without a huge reach. Schelareth (sp) actually said the texans did not draft a lineman. This coming from a 10th round draft pick. You are not making strong arguements what so ever, like you said to DB, your repeating yourself, but you are not actually saying anything of real substance.
Old 06-16-2007   #189
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I meant they will arrive at the conclusion that the Texans O-line is bad on their own if they watch the film.
Bad OL + Bad QB = Bad Offense .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #190
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
I didn't make up anything. Watch the end of this link when Marshall Faulk does his analysis for evidence.

Sorry, link doesn't automatically load the clip you will have to click on the State of the Franchise: Houston Texans.
Old 06-16-2007   #191
real

Quote:
I didn't make up anything. Watch the end of this link when Marshall Faulk does his analysis for evidence.
Link didn't work for me, but I think I saw what you're talking about on NFL network.

That's not analysis. I could select plays from every team in the NFL and find one that shows two or more bust by the O-linemen, just like I can find plays where the whole O-line executed perfectly...That really doesn't say much other than you went out and selected the plays you wanted to use in order to prove your point... Marshall Faulk IMO, leaves a lot to be desired with his football analysis, but that is JMO...but he's new to it...I expect he'll get better over time...
Old 06-16-2007   #192
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link didn't work for me, but I think I saw what you're talking about on NFL network.

That's not analysis. I could select plays from every team in the NFL and find one that shows two or more bust by the O-linemen, just like I can find plays where the whole O-line executed perfectly...That really doesn't say much other than you went out and selected the plays you wanted to use in order to prove your point... Marshall Faulk IMO, leaves a lot to be desired with his football analysis, but that is JMO...but he's new to it...I expect he'll get better over time...
These are things that I found interesting .

Texans draft Dave Ragone in 03 .

The Texans acted like it did'nt matter in year 2005 who was on the OL ... Victor Riley anyone .

The backups have a higher winnig % .

This reminded me of little league when Timmy gets to pitch no matter how bad he was . That's also how the team responded ... until Dunta said his piece that is .

Round Dan
Old 06-16-2007   #193
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Bad OL + Bad QB = Bad Offense .
True enough, but I would argue that a Bad OL + Good QB = Bad Offense, because the Offensive Line play is primary while a QB's play is secondary when determining the effectiveness of an Offense.

BTW, I am not stating that the Texans had a Good QB only that a Bad OL hides one's ability to determine whether or not the QB is Good or Bad.

As for the Texans getting rid of David Carr being used as an example that he was the problem, hasn't anyone heard of personnel moves being made for business reasons. In otherwords, it is quite possible that Carr was replaced to appease the fans to avoid losing revenue. It wouldn't be the first time that a professional sports franchise made such a move.
Old 06-16-2007   #194
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
True enough, but I would argue that a Bad OL + Good QB = Bad Offense, because the Offensive Line play is primary while a QB's play is secondary when determining the effectiveness of an Offense.

BTW, I am not stating that the Texans had a Good QB only that a Bad OL hides one's ability to determine whether or not the QB is Good or Bad.

As for the Texans getting rid of David Carr being used as an example that he was the problem, hasn't anyone heard of personnel moves being made for business reasons. In otherwords, it is quite possible that Carr was replaced to appease the fans to avoid losing revenue. It wouldn't be the first time that a professional sports franchise made such a move.
If I had a choice between a really good OL and a really good QB . I'd think of the Hogs and 3 super bowls with 3 different QBs .

Round Dan
Old 06-16-2007   #195
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:

Yes that was analysis. It may not have been complete or anything that you agree with but it most certainly was analysis. Now as for me selecting plays, I don't have the ability to show you every breakdown by the Texans O-line. I wish I did, but I don't. I do however watch every one of their games and have seen with my own eyes similar plays as those shown in the video happening over and over and over. I am not saying that David Carr is perfect, far from it. I'm not even saying he is good. I am merely saying that the O-Line is bad and because of this I am unable to make a fair judgement of David Carr and for posting such as this my posts have been derided by you as ignorant.
Old 06-16-2007   #196
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If I had a choice between a really good OL and a really good QB . I'd think of the Hogs and 3 super bowls with 3 different QBs .
I would have to say that the Hogs were possibly the greatest O-Line ever, so really good is a little bit of an understatement.
Old 06-16-2007   #197
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Just to ease the tension .

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/postdraft.htm

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 06-16-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2007   #198
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Another link. This one to Jim Mora's opinion of David Carr. You will have to click on, A look at quarterbacks at minicamps on NFLTA, to watch the clip.
Old 06-16-2007   #199
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another link. This one to Jim Mora's opinion of David Carr. You will have to click on, A look at quarterbacks at minicamps on NFLTA, to watch the clip.
Lol... What's next, are you going to pull the Steve Mariuchi comments on Carr too?

I saw the Mora piece when they ran it a month or so ago. Mora citing David's completion percentage of all things as rationale for why he will be the starter "sooner rather than later" in Carolina puts him right there with Mooch in terms of clueless 'analysis.' If you can find that clip, that one's even funnier -- same basic citation with Mooch going off on how the Texans could be so stupid let a QB go who led the league in completion percentage ... or something very close to that effect. I wonder if Mora has ever watched a Texans game. It was obvious that Mooch hadn't.

Last edited by aj.; 06-16-2007 at 07:16 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #200
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Lol... What's next, are you going to pull the Steve Mariuchi comments on Carr too?

I saw the Mora piece when they ran it a month or so ago. Mora citing David's completion percentage of all things as rationale for why he will be the starter "sooner rather than later" in Carolina puts him right there with Mooch in terms of clueless 'analysis.' If you can find that clip, that one's even funnier -- same basic citation with Mooch going off on how the Texans could be so stupid let a QB go who led the league in completion percentage ... or something very close to that effect. I wonder if Mora has ever watched a Texans game. It was obvious that Mooch hadn't.
I don't know if Mora did watch any Texans games but he did say that the Texans were a bad team and he should know about bad teams considering how many bad teams he has coached.

BTW, I haven't seen the Mariuchi clip.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read